Is Dez Bryant A Bust

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the bigger question the Cowboys cut him would anybody pick him up?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Oh jumping Jesus Christ.

at your service:

LtCsnrh.gif

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The same people calling Dez a bust are the one's chomping at the bit for a scrub like Sammy Watkins. He is a bust.

Injuries and lack of dedication have taken its toll on Dez, but he was a monster for 2-3 years. Definitely not a bust.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Belichick and Brady are thinking, “Oh PLEASE release him, Jerry...pretty please?”

if they wanted him, they could have drafted him in the first place, Dallas traded with New England to get their pick and then selected Dez

If the pats want him now, you know it will only be on their terms within their salary cap constraints and they'll have all the leverage so they can cut his *** without blinking an eye if things don't work out

conner01

Reaction score
Ok maybe not done. But no longer elite. Which is fine. He can still be a 1000 yard guy.
I don’t think he can still be elite in this system. But in the right system he can still be a very good player
He’s not going anywhere this year but if the opportunity is there to get a replacement then I could see him gone next year
The key to what happens with a good player is when you have a similar or better option for less

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Don't think he's a bust, but he certainly started slacking off after his big pay raise.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
No way is he a bust. He was drafted to pair with Romo and had some good seasons with him. I’m not sure sure he works with Dak for whatever reason. Maybe they can keep him for less money and try to work it out but I suspect it is just not a match. I also suspect that if he ended up with Aaron Rodgers, Andrew Luck maybe, or someone of that ilk he would be dangerous again.

diefree666

Reaction score
Tony had to really work to make Dez as productive as he was. Dak simply does not have the experience to do the same; and also I kind of doubt the incentive to go as far as Tony had to go.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Bust might be the wrong word here since Dez has produced in the NFL, the right word might be "Done"
Not bust but an inconsistent high maintenance occasional hero.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
He has the most TD catches of a Cowboy and was deadly when paired with Romo... no way is he a bust.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
don't let the past remind us of what we are not now..............................................Crosby, stills, nash and young. he was a great player. but not any more.
He is not even 30 and his game is not the type the deteriorates

He wins on muscling up and out jumping DBs and outrunning and slashing LBs..... he can play 10 more years like Anquan Boldin who was never a speed burner

kskboys

Reaction score
He is not even 30 and his game is not the type the deteriorates

He wins on muscling up and out jumping DBs and outrunning and slashing LBs..... he can play 10 more years like Anquan Boldin who was never a speed burner
Boldin played forever specifically because he was an excellent route runner.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Getting the franchise's all time TD leader for the 24th pick is in NO WAY a bust. It's just out of the conversation.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DEZ Bryant needs to grab hold if dak and work out with him every day in the off-season. Work on timing, routes, expectations for BOTH players on what each one needs and wants.

No excuses ....figure it out

birdwells1

Reaction score
Gave the "like" because it made me chuckle....

...and, I wouldn't mind him staying, but not at his current rate...I have said several times that the team could benefit from replacing Dez, Beasley, Williams and Butler, but that would take a serious commitment and gut-check by the FO...I would be just fine with Dez staying as part of having Landry on the other side...but, Landry may make more than Dez in my scenario....how would that site with him?

This is funny, have you ever thought to yourself "maybe all these guys aren't bad, maybe the passer is not good yet". The odds of all those guys sucking is really low.