Twitter: Is Dez done?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think this nails it. He lacks speed and doesn’t have the route running and precision to make up for that. I still think Dez can high point a ball with the best of them. He is also a powerful guy that can catch short routes and run people over. If he didn’t have the past attitude issues somebody would take a look at him.
There was only 1 person on this team with attitude issues and it was Jason Witten.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guess is this COVID gives him a chance as guys drop out/fall sick whatever.
Probably a last chance.

I still think personally he'd be a good h-back type for someone and a more mature person than we saw in Dallas but I have no desire to be unbiased so it is what it is.

I agree with you in that the circumstances and conditions are different.

Dez isn't the same person, in many ways. He's matured, and is less of a hothead than he was in the past. He's also not the same dominant athlete that he was and knows that he has to work harder. And he also knows that any contract he signs will be a pay-as-you-go type of deal, where teams don't have to put up with any antics or poor behavior. If he acts up? He's gone, no second chances.

Under those conditions? Yeah, I'd take Dez over a guy like Noah Brown. All day, every day, and twice on Sundays.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I hate how we have this culture of hating our stars past their prime or current stars that have been paid. Dez is arguably the best Cowboys WR of all time, I’ll always have love for him
I don't have hate for Dez. He was an amazing talent, perhaps the most talented WR ever to play for DC. The way he handled himself off the field and even on the field at times left him vulnerable for criticism and the media is like ants to a picnic when they see a powder keg next to a fire. He had to have a 24 hour babysitter since his demons were real and I'm not blaming him for all of that but he more or less lost it in the end with his team and needed to be released. If he would have come down with the ball and held it solidly in both hands that unfortunate day in GB, I would probably be calling him, DC best WR of all time.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't have hate for Dez. He was an amazing talent, perhaps the most talented WR ever to play for DC. The way he handled himself off the field and even on the field at times left him vulnerable for criticism and the media is like ants to a picnic when they see a powder keg next to a fire. He had to have a 24 hour babysitter since his demons were real and I'm not blaming him for all of that but he more or less lost it in the end with his team and needed to be released. If he would have come down with the ball and held it solidly in both hands that unfortunate day in GB, I would probably be calling him, DC best WR of all time.
Romo should have thrown the ball to a wide open beasley. Dez has never been arrested or in legal trouble. Also when seen yelling on the sidelines it was positive things he was saying. We found this out after the mic'd up came out. But because it was "dez" you believed the media.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't put that on him. I put it on a league with its head up its collective *** who couldn't figure out how to properly define a catch. As evidenced by the fact that they've since changed their rules several times now, and essentially allowed a 'free-for-all' for what was a catch in Super Bowl LII.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Loved Dez when he was here. Love him still since his departure. Always a Cowboy in my eyes. I don't think he'd be a bad addition to a team in need of depth if (fingers crossed) Rona hits the wr room.
I cheered for DLaw when he left and was glad he got a SB ring with Denver. If Dez caught on somewhere I wouldn't mind that team losing to us in the SB lol. But if we didn't make it I'd cheer like hell for Dez to win it all.... as long as it isn't a division rival, that changes everything.

fredp22

Reaction score
I hate how we have this culture of hating our stars past their prime or current stars that have been paid. Dez is arguably the best Cowboys WR of all time, I’ll always have love for him

who hates him
I think whats frustrating people (including me) is that some fans feel a player can play well past their prime. Dez had time with Dak and the chemistry was horrible. Add to that that the injury at N.O.
There are fans tho that thinks if he comes back it will be a continuation of the years he had with Romo. Why is no team showing any kind of attention to Dez including Philly who had a need at WR and would love to see him shine against us

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just curious but once teams start losing players for 2-3 games, he could finally get a shot. Not to mention, having worked out with a couple of well-established QBs can't hurt. One thing I think we all can agree....there's no chance of a Cowboy reunion.

his is not only done, he is burnt in a few spots...his goose is cooked, he is finite, caput, outa here

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I don't put that on him. I put it on a league with its head up its collective *** who couldn't figure out how to properly define a catch. As evidenced by the fact that they've since changed their rules several times now, and essentially allowed a 'free-for-all' for what was a catch in Super Bowl LII.
I get it and I do not deny it was a catch (imo) however given the nature of the leagues policy on a "catch" at the time, you don't give them any benefit of doubt. He had control of the ball and in an effort to make the TD the ball did slip. If he would have just focused on cradling with both hands to the ground, it would have been our ball on the 1yrd line and 4 plays to waltz into the EZ. Either way, it was a tremendous effort.

visionary

Reaction score
Just curious but once teams start losing players for 2-3 games, he could finally get a shot. Not to mention, having worked out with a couple of well-established QBs can't hurt. One thing I think we all can agree....there's no chance of a Cowboy reunion.

Yes, for the last 5 years

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get it and I do not deny it was a catch (imo) however given the nature of the leagues policy on a "catch" at the time, you don't give them any benefit of doubt. He had control of the ball and in an effort to make the TD the ball did slip. If he would have just focused on cradling with both hands to the ground, it would have been our ball on the 1yrd line and 4 plays to waltz into the EZ. Either way, it was a tremendous effort.

Not something that I blame the player for. But a clear illustration of yet more league dysfunction and an embarrassing episode in NFL history.

Sydla

Reaction score
He was officially done when he got injured with the Saints.

It's over.