Twitter: Is Dez done?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,886 Messages
    4,562 Likes Received
    Every single thing about the contracts is superior for Alshon than Dez.

Stats for Both Players on their contracts:

AAV:
    Alshon - $13m
    Dez - $16m

Games in 3 years:
    Alshon - 39
    Dez - 38

Receptions:
    Alshon - 165
    Dez - 150

YPG:
    Alshon - 54.4
    Dez - 53.6

TD per game:
    Alshon - 0.513
    Dez - 0.447

Playoff Seasons:
    Alshon - 3
    Dez - 1

On the contrary, I believe I'm the perfect person to comment on this, because these contract situations have an almost perfect comparison. Dez's contract was definitively worse than Alshon's. Cost more for less production, less availability, and less team success.

Hennessy_King likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

24,032 Messages
    46,819 Likes Received
    Dez last played in a game in 2017.

Are NFL teams so stupid they can't see what you're suggesting, that Dez would be fine as long as Dak isn't around? :rolleyes:

Dez shortened his own career. He got by on athleticism rather than precision. Once the athleticism began to wane he had nothing to fall back on.

Bullflop, Aviano90 and gjkoeppen like this.
  3. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,621 Messages
    3,270 Likes Received

You obviously haven't figured out that those videos are choreographed for Bryant to always have 2 steps on the defender. He's never been a good route runner but now he is at least in those videos.

4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

10,740 Messages
    13,208 Likes Received
    As long as he isn't playing for Dallas.

5. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

36,000 Messages
    21,090 Likes Received
    I didn’t say Dez wasn’t washed up now. I’m sure his Achilles injury was devastating . Damaged goods now.

But we released him cause his production with Dak didn’t measure up to the contract we dished out based on his production with Romo.

6. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

7,621 Messages
    3,270 Likes Received

I don't. I sum up his career as leading the league in drops, a problem in the locker room and sidelines, a poor route runner and being a one trick pony who sat in 2018 until after week 9 because the saints finally were desperate enough after losing a couple receivers to injury gave him a shot.

7. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

22,061 Messages
    18,483 Likes Received
    This article really just says just says "it appears" the NFL believes it was a catch, but I think what the competition committee has actually said is that plays like that "should" be completions, so they made the rule read where they will be completions going forward. I think the media chooses to spin it as if the league said the play was ruled incorrectly by the officials because playing it that way grabs the attention of the reader, but I don't think the NFL ever said that.

John Mara, the New York Giants owner and a NFL competition committee member, said the league unanimously agreed on a new catch rule and that Dez Bryant’s grab should be ruled a completion in the future.

It doesn’t change anything from the past, but the controversial play ultimately made NFL officials change its rules.

https://fanbuzz.com/nfl/dez-bryant-catch/

“I think where we are unanimous [are] plays like the Dez Bryant play in Green Bay, going to the ground, the Calvin Johnson play from a couple of years ago,” Mara told ESPN. “I think all of us agree that those should be completions. So let’s write the language to make them completions.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-compet...ez-bryants-catch-lambeau-catch-220635523.html

8. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

36,000 Messages
    21,090 Likes Received
    Imagine how different this era would have looked if that was deemed a catch and we go on to championship game.

It effects Romo’s career moving forward, Garrett’s and probably Dez too.

Not to mention fans perception of all.

DallasDW00ds0n likes this.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

67,789 Messages
    79,247 Likes Received
    Good numbers, I will confess. However, the contract extension with Jeffery came in December of 2017, nearly at the end of that season. So I think that including that year in the comparison is inaccurate. To say nothing of the fact that Roseman screwed up by reworking that deal in 2019 and getting your team in deep with a player that nobody wants there, most of all him. I notice that has yet to be addressed by you.

10. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Well-Known Member

6,055 Messages
    4,926 Likes Received
    I never said he was arrested and he was in legal trouble with the stunt with his mother but JJ helped him through that. I really don't even count that or his yelling on the sidelines as a negative. He was losing focus with drops and routes and DB's were getting into his head. He became more of a liability in the end and the frikin media made him into their circus act on Sundays. It was sad and some of it was self induced esp. later on twitter.

11. SportsGuru80

SportsGuru80 CowboysYanksLakers

8,391 Messages
    4,266 Likes Received
    I would not say he is done with the NFL, someone will need a veteran WR.

12. DCwarrior

DCwarrior Well-Known Member

301 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Stick a fork in him!

13. stasheroo

67,789 Messages
    79,247 Likes Received
    And that's why he's avoiding addressing that key aspect of the argument.

The truth hurts.

14. Cover 2

Cover 2 Pessimists Unite!!!

3,495 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    stasheroo likes this.
  15. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Well-Known Member

12,465 Messages
    19,113 Likes Received
    Gotta love the misinformation. If you heard his "rant" on mic'd up it was far from a rant.

16. stasheroo

67,789 Messages
    79,247 Likes Received
    Especially when they open their mouth without thinking it through.
    :facepalm:

Cover 2 likes this.
  17. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

9,697 Messages
    15,545 Likes Received
    For the record I would give him a look. I do think the multiple sideline shows and roasting coaches and players out the door, fair or not, hurt him.

stasheroo likes this.
  18. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

7,737 Messages
    6,601 Likes Received
    Oh they definitely stood by that the refs seemingly called it correctly at that time but all agreed now that it would indeed have been a catch.

19. Hennessy_King

12,465 Messages
    19,113 Likes Received
    You just said he was in trouble on and off the field? Now the infamous back pedal.

20. Hennessy_King

12,465 Messages
    19,113 Likes Received
    :thumbup: