Twitter: Is Dez done?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
His routes aren't even that great in his videos. You can tell he's lost a step. And the videos are usually him by himself. So Idk what you have been watching but I follow dez on twitter

The very first video he put out he was running routes with a defender on him but he was always 2 steps behind Bryant. Now I don't know if that was on twitter or not, but it was on the NFL site.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Dak shortened his career.

One of the top receivers in the league with Romo.

Look at his last 3 years with Romo and his years with Dak.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BryaDe01.htm

Yeah, his string of lower body injuries had nothing to do with that. He always relied on his athleticism and never worked on his craft. Once his athleticism was gone, he had nothing.

Dez had Thuggish behavior with loads of talent which delivered him from his ghetto upbringing with a crackhead mother.

He should be applauded for overcoming such obstacles. It sets a great example for those with such talent. It doesn’t excuse him for his behavior though. It only explains it.

I was a fan of the talent , not the man.

He was never a thug. Mental midget, for sure, but never a thug.

Aikman and I agreed: Once he got the monkey, it was all downhill from there. Something is always wrong mentally when a rich celeb gets a monkey.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/dez-bryant-monkey-troy-aikman/dmkpo1csmd061kdj0cj9trdnz

CoachD

Reaction score
Ha, I still wear my Irvin jersey proudly, sir. But I say Dez arguably was, arguably!

Nope not even close and when I say not even close I mean Irvin is a Hall of Famer and the second best receiver of all time who unfortunately has his career cut short by injury, Dez, on the other hand, was cut by the Cowboys then couldn't find work until someone was very desperate to sign him. On top of that Irvin could run any route, Bryant's route tree contains one branch!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate how we have this culture of hating our stars past their prime or current stars that have been paid. Dez is arguably the best Cowboys WR of all time, I’ll always have love for him
I appreciated Dez during his days here. He was an excellent receiver, especially between 2011-2014. But brother, he’s not even top 3 all time Cowboys receiver IMO. Hall of Famers Michael Irvin and Bob Hayes, as well as ROH member (should be HOFer) Drew Pearson- who was arguably the most clutch receiver in Cowboys history are all well ahead of Dez. If you say he’s your favorite, I totally understand that.

cern

Reaction score
The very first video he put out he was running routes with a defender on him but he was always 2 steps behind Bryant. Now I don't know if that was on twitter or not, but it was on the NFL site.
Who was the defender? What high school is he attending?:)

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know who the defender is other than he supposedly had some NFL experience.
Yeah, but there are lots of guys “with NFL experience” who aren’t on NFL rosters now...and for a reason.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just curious but once teams start losing players for 2-3 games, he could finally get a shot. Not to mention, having worked out with a couple of well-established QBs can't hurt. One thing I think we all can agree....there's no chance of a Cowboy reunion.

Amazing how after a very successful football a career and over 80 million dollars in earnings he still dresses like that.

Albeit the overly big gold chain with the X is probably 18k gold instead of a fake one. :muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just curious but once teams start losing players for 2-3 games, he could finally get a shot. Not to mention, having worked out with a couple of well-established QBs can't hurt. One thing I think we all can agree....there's no chance of a Cowboy reunion.

Already he looks like a grandpa.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yeah, but there are lots of guys “with NFL experience” who aren’t on NFL rosters now...and for a reason.

Look all I've said is those videos are choreographed to make Bryant look good. I never said the defender was All Pro. I have no doubts that there are a bunch of college corners who could cover Bryant at his current speed, but he's always at least 2 steps ahead of that defender and that is choreographed.