Twitter: Is Dez done?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn’t say Dez wasn’t washed up now. I’m sure his Achilles injury was devastating . Damaged goods now.

But we released him cause his production with Dak didn’t measure up to the contract we dished out based on his production with Romo.

Dallas released Dez on April 13, 2018. No one bothered to sign him - 31 teams passed on him for 7 months.

Nine weeks into the 2018 season the Saints took a flier on him for peanuts. Then he injured his Achilles.

Dez hasn't been in demand since the day the Cowboys released him. If other teams thought that was on his QB they would've snatched him up in a second.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
You obviously haven't figured out that those videos are choreographed for Bryant to always have 2 steps on the defender. He's never been a good route runner but now he is at least in those videos.
His routes aren't even that great in his videos. You can tell he's lost a step. And the videos are usually him by himself. So Idk what you have been watching but I follow dez on twitter

DenCWBY

Reaction score
You just said he was in trouble on and off the field? Now the infamous back pedal.
If you can read, I just wrote JJ bailed him out of his off field trouble and also mentioned his trouble, was not sideline, but his lack of focus on the field.
Now the infamous lack of comprehension with your reading.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dallas released Dez on April 13, 2018. No one bothered to sign him - 31 teams passed on him for 7 months.

Nine weeks into the 2018 season the Saints took a flier on him for peanuts. Then he injured his Achilles.

Dez hasn't been in demand since the day the Cowboys released him. If other teams thought that was on his QB they would've snatched him up in a second.
Right ,cause no one wanted to pay him what he wanted. . It wasn’t until he sat out a year that he agreed to sign with Saints for peanuts.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If you can read, I just wrote JJ bailed him out of his off field trouble and also mentioned his trouble, was not sideline, but his lack of focus on the field.
Now the infamous lack of comprehension with your reading.
He was never bailed out of anything by jerry. He had a supposed incident with his mom in a parking lot with no videos or witnesses or substantiate such a claim where jerry had to be involved. Now trouble means lacks of focus? Guess we speak different languages.

cern

Reaction score
a grasp of reality is difficult for some. it was good to hear he had plenty of money.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can see an outside chance of a team picking Dez up in the event of an injury. It most likely won't be Dallas, though! :grin:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I however blame the coaching staff for all those years not making him hone his craft and become a better route runner and overall wr. He was in the league 8 years and had like a 4 route tree lol.

I sat in the stands during training camp the second year Dez was with the team. This was in San Antonio in the arena where the Spurs play. I concentrated on Dez because he was such a talent. They had him one on one with a coach. The coach had the playbook and they would look at a play and he would run the route. Obviously I was in the stands, and even though this was before they decided to play loud music, the place was a quiet as a tomb, I could not hear the dialog between player and coach. It appeared to me Dez was struggling with the routes.

Later I learned from reading about Dez that he had trouble understanding the route tree and his assignments. Seem,s there were several articles, especially when Dez was "learning" that Jerry Rice crossing route that never manifested.

So you are correct. He had maybe four routes. I don't believe the coaches were at fault there. Dez will never been seen as a Phi Beta Kappa.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
tenor.gif

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Dez been grinding. I've been seeing his workout videos. Problem with Dez is he definitely doesn't have the athleticism now and I don't know if he's improved his technique and route running enough to compensate for the loss of speed and explosiveness.

If there was a CFL season this year, that would've been his best chance. However, maybe next year he gets on a CFL team. That's a good way to see if he still has it, and there have been players who looked dead in the water but revived their career in the CFL.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
He was pretty much done the day he signed his big fat deal after his hold out.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
He was never bailed out of anything by jerry. He had a supposed incident with his mom in a parking lot with no videos or witnesses or substantiate such a claim where jerry had to be involved. Now trouble means lacks of focus? Guess we speak different languages.
The parking lot situation and his Mom were too separate incidents (guilty or not) provides evidence you really have no clue of Dez's history, therefore your basically wasting your and my time by trying to turn my words to argue your simple minded agenda. Your language is your business. Good luck with that and have a good day.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ryants-mother-says-cowboys-star-attacked-her/

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
The parking lot situation and his Mom were too separate incidents (guilty or not) provides evidence you really have no clue of Dez's history, therefore your basically wasting your and my time by trying to turn my words to argue your simple minded agenda. Your language is your business. Good luck with that and have a good day.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ryants-mother-says-cowboys-star-attacked-her/
there is no history lol. just call him a "thug" while you are at it.

cern

Reaction score
it seems odd that the smoking gun parking lot video never materialized despite rumors to the contrary. and while i am loathe to diss anyone's mom, dez's mother wasn't exactly mother teresa. given his childhood, he accomplished a lot in life.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
it seems odd that the smoking gun parking lot video never materialized despite rumors to the contrary. and while i am loathe to diss anyone's mom, dez's mother wasn't exactly mother teresa. given his childhood, he accomplished a lot in life.
exactly. from someone who came from a bad upbringing and my mother being far from a saint for a majority of my life, I can relate.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dez had Thuggish behavior with loads of talent which delivered him from his ghetto upbringing with a crackhead mother.

He should be applauded for overcoming such obstacles. It sets a great example for those with such talent. It doesn’t excuse him for his behavior though. It only explains it.

I was a fan of the talent , not the man.