Is Dez now Hakeem Nicks?

Everson24

Reaction score
Don't laugh and hear me out for a second. Hakeem Nicks was a dominant receiver for the Giants before the Jones fracture in his foot. He never regained the explosiveness that made him the wide receiver he was between 2009-2011.

When Dez broke the same bone in his foot, I immediately thought of Nicks. It seems that Dez has now lost his ability to separate and maybe that is why the coaches now refuse to run him on any quick crossing routes. If this is the case we are in big trouble going forward as an offense and his salary cap hit will kill this team in the next few years.

Section446

Reaction score
SMH...Dez has a bad game and people start this stuff.
It's not just a bad game, he is about as inconsistent as any WR in the league. He will have a good game, then disappear for a week or two. There was a time when he appeared to be on his way to being mentioned among the elite WR's, that time has past, he's just a guy at this point.

Edit: Granted, the scheme isn't doing him any favors.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don't laugh and hear me out for a second. Hakeem Nicks was a dominant receiver for the Giants before the Jones fracture in his foot. He never regained the explosiveness that made him the wide receiver he was between 2009-2011.

When Dez broke the same bone in his foot, I immediately thought of Nicks. It seems that Dez has now lost his ability to separate and maybe that is why the coaches now refuse to run him on any quick crossing routes. If this is the case we are in big trouble going forward as an offense and his salary cap hit will kill this team in the next few years.
Get back to me week 8. Bryant has always been to disappear in a game or 4 over the season

Its a possibility, but I need a bigger sample size

robbieruff

Reaction score

I hope you're wrong as I'm sure you do as well. Dez looked to be in good form in pre-season. Physically I mean. But he was certainly shut down yesterday. It will be interesting to monitor this as it develops and he gets his next big chance against Josh Norman.

Section446

Reaction score
I hope you're wrong as I'm sure you do as well. Dez looked to be in good form in pre-season. Physically I mean. But he was certainly shut down yesterday. It will be interesting to monitor this as it develops and he gets his next big chance against Josh Norman.
What's wild is that he was shut down against a CB that he destroyed before the injury (Jenkins).

Section446

Reaction score
Dez' catch percentage in his last seven games:
Pretty dumb to ignore that trend as meaningless, IMO.
That looks downright pathetic, how does it compare to other WR's in the league?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Dez is not the problem his head coach is the problem. The system is terrible. "take what the defense gives you" allows teams to take Dez out of the game. It happens all the time.