Is Dez now Hakeem Nicks?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with that.

They gave Dak a reduced package his first game, and no doubt the Witten screens were safe play to buy punt yardage in 3rd and long.

I expect them to open up more with each week with Dak. I just hope he can watch Romo for several weeks and just learn.

Dak should pattern himself after Romo. He will be phenomenal one day if he can.

Dak is NOTHING like Romo. Two completely different players and styles. The two playbooks should be different. Dak should be doing all the stuff we saw them doing in preseason with him. Play to HIS strengths.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I have my issues with Dez no question, but in this instance Garrett and his defeated statement of "they wont let us" has happened over and over again. Even with Romo in there.

With Romo in there, Garrett can say what he wants, but Dez was tearing up the league. Apparently, Romo found a way.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Dak is NOTHING like Romo. Two completely different players and styles. The two playbooks should be different. Dak should be doing all the stuff we saw them doing in preseason with him. Play to HIS strengths.

I agree with this -- if the team doesn't find a way to effectively incorporate his running ability into his overall game, that's a failure on them. Regardless, the guy has the ability to get mobile and improvise, regardless of the game plan. And that's a nice addition to have in this day and age.

erod

Reaction score
He's similar to young Romo. Definitely.

He's bigger and more sturdy, but Romo was incredibly athletic at that age, too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's similar to young Romo. Definitely.

He's bigger and more sturdy, but Romo was incredibly athletic at that age, too.

You mean the Romo 12 years ago? LOL

Ok maybe more similar. But nothing like him now.

Not sure what you point was there. Has nothing to do with what we are talking about right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I agree with this -- if the team doesn't find a way to effectively incorporate his running ability into his overall game, that's a failure on them. Regardless, the guy has the ability to get mobile and improvise, regardless of the game plan. And that's a nice addition to have in this day and age.

cowboys offense is pretty simple. Dink and dunk over the middle to Witten and Beasley. If you ever get Dez one on one, throw it to him. If not, go somewhere else.

erod

Reaction score
You mean the Romo 12 years ago? LOL

Ok maybe more similar. But nothing like him now.

Not sure what you point was there. Has nothing to do with what we are talking about right now.

Look at the incredibly athletic plays in the pocket by Romo just 2-3 years ago. He's made more defensive linemen whiff than anyone.

But he can't tuck it and run anymore. Back won't allow it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Look at the incredibly athletic plays in the pocket by Romo just 2-3 years ago. He's made more defensive linemen whiff than anyone.

But he can't tuck it and run anymore. Back won't allow it.

Yah, but your not going to do a lot of bootlegs or QB keepers or read option with Romo. And Dak appears to be a very good quick screen QB. Those are things you need to get into your offense that you would never entertain with Romo. And I would be more inclined to go 4 WR type sets, have them bring out the nickel and have Dak run the ball when everything clears out.

erod

Reaction score
Yah, but your not going to do a lot of bootlegs or QB keepers or read option with Romo. And Dak appears to be a very good quick screen QB. Those are things you need to get into your offense that you would never entertain with Romo. And I would be more inclined to go 4 WR type sets, have them bring out the nickel and have Dak run the ball when everything clears out.

If this league becomes just read option with four receivers like any random FBS college team, I'm out.

You could teach a pack of chimpanzees that high school nonsense. I hate it.

I love it when QBs get hurt running that crap. Gives me hope it will be eliminated from the NFL.

Proof

Reaction score
Antonio Brown has had Mike Vick and Landry throwing him balls, and his production never takes a hit.

He's the best receiver in the game and didn't have a broken foot he came back too quickly from.

His production absolutely took a hit when Ben went down as he went from like 30+ Straight games with 5 receptions and 50 yards to three straight with neither.

Dez was arguably the best receiver in the league just a year ago, and then suffered a serious injury, rushed back suffered more, and played with three different qbs in a lost season earlier than he should have been on the field.

Sunday was disappointing, but I believe it was the defense, gameplan and first game with Dak.

You will look foolish soon

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If this league becomes just read option with four receivers like any random FBS college team, I'm out.

You could teach a pack of chimpanzees that high school nonsense. I hate it.

I love it when QBs get hurt running that crap. Gives me hope it will be eliminated from the NFL.

You use it once if a while buddy. Mix it up. Cmon, try to stay in the conversation here.

haleyrules

Reaction score
cowboys offense is pretty simple. Dink and dunk over the middle to Witten and Beasley. If you ever get Dez one on one, throw it to him. If not, go somewhere else.
Keep it super simple. In Romos best years...he could never read the defense and make a decision. He ran around aimlessly..hoping for a broken play...god bless Witten...that allowed this clown to survive for so many years. Please, god, lets hope and pray Prescott is the real thing. Otherwise its another lost season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Keep it super simple. In Romos best years...he could never read the defense and make a decision. He ran around aimlessly..hoping for a broken play...god bless Witten...that allowed this clown to survive for so many years. Please, god, lets hope and pray Prescott is the real thing. Otherwise its another lost season.

Well, we will have to disagree there. loved Romo throughout his career. The guy is a hall of fame QB on a bozo team with a bozo owner and bozo coaches. On any good to great franchise he would have won a couple SB's and gone into the hall. IMHO