Is Fields still a lock at 2?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Exactly..

Pretty much all of his known strengths he put on display last night..

My problem with Fields has been anticipation on throws and locking onto primary receivers.. He has to see a guy open before he throws it.

I think he’ll be fine as a pro but I like Zach Wilson’s game better.

I did like seeing a gutsy performance though from Fields.
Ok but here’s my question. You keep talking about Dak and how he can’t win games. Lawrence has a pretty bad track record of winning important games too. So how come you love yourself some Trevor but hate Dak? Lol. It doesn’t make any sense. Honest question.

and you really shouldn’t be here beating your chest saying “leave the QBs evaluation to me” when you are on record saying kaaya and beathard would be better than Patrick Mahomes and Desean Watson. Stop with that already. If anything teams should do the complete opposite of what you suggest.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ok but here’s my question. You keep talking about Dak and how he can’t win games. Lawrence has a pretty bad track record of winning important games too. So how come you love yourself some Trevor but hate Dak? Lol. It doesn’t make any sense. Honest question.

and you really shouldn’t be here beating your chest saying “leave the QBs evaluation to me” when you are on record saying kaaya and beathard would be better than Patrick Mahomes and Desean Watson. Stop with that already. If anything teams should do the complete opposite of what you suggest.

You take them for 5 years on the cheap to learn what they are.

If they’re mediocre than discard them if they want elite QB money.

If they’re elite or if they win a Super Bowl and want to be paid then do it.

Paying a non elite QB that’s won nothing elite QB money is a terrible standard to set and let’s everyone know how high the bar is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You take them for 5 years on the cheap to learn what they are.

If they’re mediocre than discard them if they want elite QB money.

If they’re elite or if they win a Super Bowl and want to be paid then do it.

Paying a non elite QB that’s won nothing elite QB money is a terrible standard to set and let’s everyone know how high the bar is.
That is the dumbest take ever. We have a QB and you want to take a flier on a guy and if he doesn’t work out take another flyer on a guy? Thank God you’re not running things.

when did you become a cowboy fan? Must have been in the Romo era because anyone who lived thru the post Aikman era would never suggest this course of action.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is the dumbest take ever. We have a QB and you want to take a flier on a guy and if he doesn’t work out take another flyer on a guy? Thank God you’re not running things.

when did you become a cowboy fan? Must have been in the Romo era because anyone who lived thru the post Aikman era would never suggest this course of action.

Well Jerry will do things your way so enjoy the mediocrity and no championships.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well Jerry will do things your way so enjoy the mediocrity and no championships.
God I hope we win so you can get off your high horse of thinking you’re arrogant self is always right.
Say hi to Beathard for me.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score

The issue is finding mediocre qbs isn’t hard anymore. This is night and day from the bridge from aikman to romo years. You have college qbs transitioning to the pro game much quicker/easier these days and you have vet qbs playing longer than ever. I mean just look at the free agent qb Class from last year. Brady? Rivers? Bridge water? You hardly ever saw qbs worth anything hit free agency now you can find serviceable ones every year.

I have to agree with catch on this one. If you don’t have an elite qb you should always keep options open to obtain one. You can find decent guys to sling the rock in today’s game, the struggle is finding that top 5 player.

if you think dak is elite then pay him, if not then you have to keep all options on the table.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The issue is finding mediocre qbs isn’t hard anymore. This is night and day from the bridge from aikman to romo years. You have college qbs transitioning to the pro game much quicker/easier these days and you have vet qbs playing longer than ever. I mean just look at the free agent qb Class from last year. Brady? Rivers? Bridge water? You hardly ever saw qbs worth anything hit free agency now you can find serviceable ones every year.

I have to agree with catch on this one. If you don’t have an elite qb you should always keep options open to obtain one. You can find decent guys to sling the rock in today’s game, the struggle is finding that top 5 player.

if you think dak is elite then pay him, if not then you have to keep all options on the table.

Exactly..

Finding a good QB is easier than ever and a lot of these QBs who “suck” play on bad teams and the reality there is about 15 or 20 of them that are about the same with more and more flooding into the league.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Exactly..

Finding a good QB is easier than ever and a lot of these QBs who “suck” play on bad teams and the reality there is about 15 or 20 of them that are about the same with more and more flooding into the league.
And just look around the league to find that unless you have a top 5 guy the surrounding talent means more than ever. The argument of Dak vs tannehill is very real this year. Prior years that would have been a joke. Brady is better in nearly every category over last year with NE. Bridgewater was 5-0 last year with NO, now 4 wins all year on a bad team. Dalton looked done last year with Cincinnati, now looks possible to grab a starting job somewhere next year.

I’ll be interested to see if qb salaries start to dip compared to the rest of the cap outside of the elite. Simple supply vs demand.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Sorry but the guy who was on pace for 6000 yards and 50 tds in my opinion doesn’t just grow on a QB tree.
And before the win loss column gets brought up. The QB messiah lost a bowl game last night. Does that mean he’s not good? Lol

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Sorry but the guy who was on pace for 6000 yards and 50 tds in my opinion doesn’t just grow on a QB tree.
And before the win loss column gets brought up. The QB messiah lost a bowl game last night. Does that mean he’s not good? Lol
If you’re just going back to the yardage argument we won’t find common ground and are wasting our time. He only played 4 complete games this year. Plenty of average to below average players have had hot streaks. Matt schaub, Matt stafford, Jared Goff, Derek carr, Elvis grbac, Matt Ryan, tommy Kramer, and everyone’s favorite billy volek have all thrown for 490+ yards in a game. Any qb can rack up tons of yards over a short period of time. Hell three of the qbs on that list may be available this offseason.

I get than wins and loses are a team effort, but that’s why I think you only pay the best of the best at qb. Gotta make sure you can keep the rest of the band together.

if you think dak is elite then i understand paying him.

If I have a maholmes I’ll gladly pay whatever the market says. If I have Matt stafford taking up a quarter of my cap space I’d rather gamble on a burrow/Tua/Herbert for about a fourth of the price.

nothing against stafford of dak, but my biggest fear is being stuck in 8-8 records the next 5 years. I’d rather bust and go with a rebuild than relive the disappointment of the romo era.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Fields plays like Deshaun Watson. Watson is considered a top 5 quarterback in the league now. Justin is not getting out of the top 5 now. Good news for us is that Matt Jones has stepped up. At the very least 4 quarterbacks are going in the top 10 now. If Lance does well at the combine it might be 5.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you’re just going back to the yardage argument we won’t find common ground and are wasting our time. He only played 4 complete games this year. Plenty of average to below average players have had hot streaks. Matt schaub, Matt stafford, Jared Goff, Derek carr, Elvis grbac, Matt Ryan, tommy Kramer, and everyone’s favorite billy volek have all thrown for 490+ yards in a game. Any qb can rack up tons of yards over a short period of time. Hell three of the qbs on that list may be available this offseason.

I get than wins and loses are a team effort, but that’s why I think you only pay the best of the best at qb. Gotta make sure you can keep the rest of the band together.

If I have a maholmes I’ll gladly pay whatever the market says. If I have Matt stafford taking up a quarter of my cap space I’d rather gamble on a burrow/Tua/Herbert for about a fourth of the price.

nothing against stafford of dak, but my biggest fear is being stuck in 8-8 records the next 5 years. I’d rather bust and go with a rebuild than relive the disappointment of the romo era.
Well good thing you like mahomes. The guy you’re agreeing with thought Beathard and Kaaya would be better pro QBs. Lol

regarding yards yes I agree. But the yards Dak was putting up are unheard of. And to your keeping the band together argument.
This defence isn’t a band. I have no issue building it thru the draft and paying Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

You’re smart.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well good thing you like mahomes. The guy you’re agreeing with thought Beathard and Kaaya would be better pro QBs. Lol

regarding yards yes I agree. But the yards Dak was putting up are unheard of. And to your keeping the band together argument.
This defence isn’t a band. I have no issue building it thru the draft and paying Dak.

I thought their game translated better to the NFL yes while still acknowledging Mahomes had more talent but was incredibly raw for the brand of football the NFL was playing.

Obviously a lot has changed in the NFL over that time span and that is why some of us think it’s easier than ever to find a QB because of how the spread is taking over the NFL.

That’s why I quickly learned from what took place and I had Josh Allen as the # 1 QB in his class and Justin Herbert as the most talented guy in his.

Mediocre QBs who can win like Dak does are becoming abundant and it’s more about the team than the QB.

Pay your trucks but don’t pay the trailers like Dak who want money like they are trucks.

Unless you just enjoy being a mediocre football team that wins a wild card every few years.

Last edited: