Is Fields still a lock at 2?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Go mow your lawn, trim some weeds, or whatever you do in your spare time. Spare us the hot takes on football.

Holy lack of self-awareness, Batman. :muttley:

So just keep insulting me and not say what I’m so wrong about.

:muttley:

DFWJC

Reaction score
CBS’ latest mock was out yesterday.
Fields went 9th

I assume hell go earlier than that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lol! Whoopity doo dah, doesn’t change the simple truth he’s not going to be able to read NFL defenses and will be a second coming of Haskins at the next level!

He’ll be solid..

Watson was one of the biggest 1 read QBs I’ve ever seen.. I thought he had no chance.

NFL didn’t think too highly of him for the career he had in college because of it too.

He’s turned out ok but probably killed his team with that contract he signed.

cjlopez

Reaction score
Wow..so much critique. I still think Lawrence will be Number 1. I don't think who every picks 1 will trade down or miss their chance to draft the number 1 prospect. Especially since their are not very many options after that. I do think Lawrence will be a good solid QB. Will he be Pat Mahones? I doubt it right away. I think the Jags have to many need at the moment, but I do believe they will get better rather soon than later. As for Fields...I don't think he will go 2nd....something about him scares me. I think he is very gifted, but I think his best bet would be to not end out in NY but instead maybe to Atlanta. I think Atlanta needs to really think about moving up to draft him. Carolina also needs to decide if they need to start thinking about next year or the year after. Denver also might be interested. At this moment I think Carolina or Atlanta would be my favorite landing spots for Fields I just feel he would be comfortable playing for those two teams. They are both near his home and I don't think he would be in the Spotlight as some people might say.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Lights up Clemson and outduels Barbie Lawrence. :muttley:
Last night was outstanding, but then why did he play so bad the previous 2 games? Was it Day schemed guys open better against Clemson than Indiana and Northwestern who aren’t Alabama or NFL defenses.

I was impressed more by Fields toughness than throwing it 60 yards. He made the one tight window throw in the end zone for the TD but most were guys wide open or chucking it deep.

As for the comparisons to Lawrence, we all heard Andrew Luck would be a hall of famer also coming out of college and his career was very good but not spectacular. So I don’t put Lawrence on the same pedestal a lot do. I think he’s the #1 QB in this class but no college QB is infallible especially one that gets blown out in the playoffs back to back years.

timb2

Reaction score
Last night was outstanding, but then why did he play so bad the previous 2 games? Was it Day schemed guys open better against Clemson than Indiana and Northwestern who aren’t Alabama or NFL defenses.

I was impressed more by Fields toughness than throwing it 60 yards. He made the one tight window throw in the end zone for the TD but most were guys wide open or chucking it deep.

As for the comparisons to Lawrence, we all heard Andrew Luck would be a hall of famer also coming out of college and his career was very good but not spectacular. So I don’t put Lawrence on the same pedestal a lot do. I think he’s the #1 QB in this class but no college QB is infallible especially one that gets blown out in the playoffs back to back years.
Lawrence has good ability, but I do believe what Jake said " Barbie" could be an issue. Jaguars remember they had a pretty boy named " Blaine" ( Blaine Gabbert).... The Sunshine act can take you only so far. Time for a haircut Goldielocks.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Folks are such prisoners of the moment.

Should Lawrence now be dropped out of the top 10, lol?

How many CFB Championships did Aaron Rogers win? Did Dak win? Did Josh Allen win?

Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, and all other QBs will be evaluated on each of their throws and individual plays much more than whether their respective team’s won a post season game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Folks are such prisoners of the moment.

Should Lawrence now be dropped out of the top 10, lol?

How many CFB Championships did Aaron Rogers win? Did Dak win? Did Josh Allen win?

Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, and all other QBs will be evaluated on each of their throws and individual plays much more than whether their respective team’s won a post season game.

Exactly..

Pretty much all of his known strengths he put on display last night..

My problem with Fields has been anticipation on throws and locking onto primary receivers.. He has to see a guy open before he throws it.

I think he’ll be fine as a pro but I like Zach Wilson’s game better.

I did like seeing a gutsy performance though from Fields.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is who I have had as #2 QB in this draft.

Watch him go to New England or Indianapolis and just be awesome.

I like him too and I think he goes to a much better team than these other guys.

timb2

Reaction score
Watch him go to New England or Indianapolis and just be awesome.

I like him too and I think he goes to a much better team than these other guys.
His stats are better than Joe Burrow from last season

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
His stats are better than Joe Burrow from last season

Yeah..

Im not really into college QB stats.. I look almost purely at ability and upside.

I do think he has skill though and I’ve liked him since early in the college season.

My only concern is how does he look when he’s off easy street.. The guy is surrounded by quality.

But...

He looks very advanced in terms of skill. Like.. He’s received some amazing coaching along the way.

He reads the whole field, slides around in the pocket well, and is just very sharp.

I like him.

The question for me is upside vs the other guys..

The thing about Joe Burrow is he can run.. Like really run.

That is where the NFL is going.

Mac Jones can move though but he isn’t a huge threat like these others.

kskboys

Reaction score

Luck was spectacular. He drug a crapp team to the playoffs and won playoff games. One of the most spectacular performances of all time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah..

Im not really into college QB stats.. I look almost purely at ability and upside.

I do think he has skill though and I’ve liked him since early in the college season.

My only concern is how does he look when he’s off easy street.. The guy is surrounded by quality.

But...

He looks very advanced in terms of skill. Like.. He’s received some amazing coaching along the way.

He reads the whole field, slides around in the pocket well, and is just very sharp.

I like him.

The question for me is upside vs the other guys..

The thing about Joe Burrow is he can run.. Like really run.

That is where the NFL is going.

Mac Jones can move though but he isn’t a huge threat like these others.
I've heard nothing about Mac Jones as far as being an NFL prospect. Y'all think he's got it? How's his arm?

conner01

Reaction score
Lights up Clemson and outduels Barbie Lawrence. :muttley:
Yes he did
And it wasn’t close
I still don’t like him at the top of the first but then again I liked Wentz so what do I know lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've heard nothing about Mac Jones as far as being an NFL prospect. Y'all think he's got it? How's his arm?

If Andy Dalton can have success in this league so can he haha.

It’s still January but yeah I think he can be a good NFL QB because I think he has high skill and the brains for it.

His physical ability is solid.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Fields had a great game but if you can't watch these two and see why Lawrence is superior (and it's not even close) it's time to stop evaluating QBs. Lawrence has some of the best anticipation and touch to come out in a decade. He can scan the field as well as making the quick decisions. When throwing for 400 and 2 scores while getting knocked in the dirt over and over is a "bad game", you know you're good.

visionary

Reaction score
Lawrence should go No 1

Whether Fields goes 2 or later depends on how he does against Bama. There is NFL talent in that defense and if Fields lights them up then he’s going 2 overall. If he struggles he will go lower