Is it best to just avoid this forum after a Cowboys loss for the sake of your own sanity?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dude Romo was still getting blasted about the Seattle botched hold years after and he was an actual good QB. I have no Sympathy for what Dak is getting. The criticism is well deserved.
The criticism for the botched hold was unfounded and, although it pissed many of us off, I think we were more pissed that they still had our starting QB out there holding for FGs and not so much what happened after it was botched. At least that's what I remember being pissed about.

kskboys

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me what or how others post, for all I know they may not like the way I post. My optimism and sanity will remain intact despite the wins and losses. There's always something to look forward to, whether it comes to fruition or not:)
Watch it there, I don't like the way you post, mister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dak, like all QB's need coaching to learn whatever scheme they're in.

Dak did very well his rookie year before Garrett put his thumbprint on him in yr 2 and this year....anyone that can't see that has to be blind including our deranged GM.
Facts.

I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bro, do you not remember the meltdowns this board had over Romo? This Dak hate is nothing new. This forum is grueling on QBs. Even some of the guys pining for Romo now, are the same ones who railed on the guy after a bad performance.
Yeah, and the elevating of the backups!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember Connor Shaw and how he was the savior? Oh, and then Tanney!!!!!!!!!! That was an absolute riot!!!! And the Rush fans were even worse!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Facts.

I wonder what would happen if Dak stopped listening to the idiocy/coaching/noise/whatever you want to call it in his ear and just started doing his own thing like in his rookie season.
That's what Romo did.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Dude Romo was still getting blasted about the Seattle botched hold years after and he was an actual good QB. I have no Sympathy for what Dak is getting. The criticism is well deserved.

Romo was offered starting job in 2006. That botch snap happened in 2007. Not that long from love to hate/controversy with him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
God. I guess so.. Now that you mention it. But Romo never took this much this early in his career.

Romo had the advantage of sitting and learning at a similar point in his career. Romo was much better prepared IMO, to be the starter when he got his opportunity. He also was replacing several years of scrubs at the position so the dynamics were completely different for Tony. Dak was thrown in as a rookie and followed Tony Romo so he got the short end of it where that is concerned, for sure.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
He was but only after he started breaking our hearts one huge INT at a time. Early on though, we were all in the Romo camp.

Romo was starting in middle of 2006. The botch snap wildcard game was 2007. Not that long from love to controversy.

Dak become starter in 2016. Controversy happened with him instantly one can say in 2017.

kento40

Reaction score
I will say this much, the dude is a 4th round pick for a reason. He wasn't expected to be Brady or Rodgers or Manning, he was expected to be a backup. How much of his criticism is deserved and how much of it is because we brought in to his 2016 Cinderella season?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Facts.

That's what Romo eventually had to do.......how many times did we hear Romo change the play at the LOS with "kill, kill, kill"?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Romo had the advantage of sitting and learning at a similar point in his career. Romo was much better prepared IMO, to be the starter when he got his opportunity. He also was replacing several years of scrubs at the position so the dynamics were completely different for Tony. Dak was thrown in as a rookie and followed Tony Romo so he got the short end of it where that is concerned, for sure.
More facts.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Yeah, and the elevating of the backups!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember Connor Shaw and how he was the savior? Oh, and then Tanney!!!!!!!!!! That was an absolute riot!!!! And the Rush fans were even worse!!!!!!!!

It's a general rule with sports, that the unknown is more exciting, particularly when you have a player that's not performing. Then, when that players tenure is over you look back and think, "Holy **** was I wrong about that guy."

Romo wasn't the first or last this has happened to. Until this team starts winning and threatening for Superbowls again, QB of the Dallas Cowboys will be the most scrutinized position In the NFL, and maybe sports--as well it should be. That's a legacy position. The fact that Jerry and Co. are willing to accept mediocrity at the position is an alarming disservice to the role and to us fans. It should always be considered one of the marquee players in sports, period. QB for the Dallas Cowboys is what kids should be dreaming of. Unfortunately, that's just not the case anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's what Romo eventually had to do.......how many times did we hear Romo change the play at the LOS with "kill, kill, kill"?
And Romo's strategy became to just scramble around until someone broke open, or dump it to Witten if the rush was too much.

We miss Witten dearly already.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak this. Dak that. Just curious.

Is Dak the antithesis of Romo, Rodgers, Brady, or any other golden boy you'd like to shove in there?

Its tough brother, but we are all concerned. Someone posted the All-22 and it was hard to watch. I was piling it on our coaches but after seeing that Im way more worried about Dak than our coaches. Although Ill blame the coaches for not realizing what they have in Dak and his capabilities.

Clearly the second half was better.

13 - 19 124 yds.

Before I get torn up I realize those arent extraordinary numbers. However, if we get a full game resembling that we will likely win a lot of games behind this rushing attack and this defense.

So my question for the analysts here were Daks numbers better because the defense loosened up, offensive scheme changes, knocking the rust off or a combination of all??

I feel the answer to that would go along way towards predicting how our offense plays Sunday night.

The last time I was this concerned about Dak was after we played a tough Vikings team. He answered the call by obliterating Tampa who ironically was the number one pass defense heading into that weekend.

Im not sure he has it in him anymore but Ill be holding my breath hoping for the best Sunday night lol.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's a general rule with sports, that the unknown is more exciting, particularly when you have a player that's not performing. Then, when that players tenure is over you look back and think, "Holy **** was I wrong about that guy."

Romo wasn't the first or last this has happened to. Until this team starts winning and threatening for Superbowls again, QB of the Dallas Cowboys will be the most scrutinized position In the NFL, and maybe sports--as well it should be. That's a legacy position. The fact that Jerry and Co. are willing to accept mediocrity at the position is an alarming disservice to the role and to us fans. It should always be considered one of the marquee players in sports, period. QB for the Dallas Cowboys is what kids should be dreaming of. Unfortunately, that's just not the case anymore.
Also, other org's, when they need a QB, generally bring in several prospects trying hard to get one to work out. We find one who shows a sign, then quit worrying about it and use slackarmed UFA's for backups!!!!

Hope White can learn!!!!!

GenoT

Reaction score
Au contraire, mon ami.

Visiting CZ after a disheartening Cowboys loss is pure comedic therapy.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Also, other org's, when they need a QB, generally bring in several prospects trying hard to get one to work out. We find one who shows a sign, then quit worrying about it and use slackarmed UFA's for backups!!!!

Hope White can learn!!!!!

I like White. He has the intangibles. I don't, and never have believed Cooper Rush is even a backup in this league.

That's one thing a new coach would (hopefully) bring. Every position on this team should be up for grabs. If you're not winning bowls, you're not good enough. Period.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think that was retroactively though after all the other losses. I didn't start to get upset until after Cabo and then mainly after those play-in losses.