Is it fair to say we lost the Switzer/Ward trade?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Looks like Pittsburgh won that trade.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I hate nearly everything Jerry does but as much as I like to complain about him you need to see how Tavon Austin does. Wasting another 4 stinks but let’s see if Austin was a steal first. He really was the reason why they dumped Switzer.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Almost EVERYONE here questioned why we drafted Switzer. Seemed like a wasted pick, and it was.
Hey..

I remember people drooling over the thought of Beasley and Switzer on the field together..

and how it was going to be special.

Never happened.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, it's fair to say anything here. But that won't stop someone from wanting to argue with you. And fair is both ambiguous and nebulous.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Hey..

I remember people drooling over the thought of Beasley and Switzer on the field together..

and how it was going to be special.

Never happened.
I was not one of those. I didn’t see how we could run more than a few olaysba game with both. It always seemed gimmicks to me.

bodi

Reaction score
Switzer - the fumbling mumbling man was wasted pick IMO

TO SHORT WHEN WE ALREDY HAD BEASLEDY

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So that makes two teams he never got a chance with. Oakland isnt all that deep at WR. At some point do you not begin to question why he isn't getting the opportunities you believe he deserves?

As far as Pitt goes hes now hanging his hat on 4 wr sets for consistent production. How many fifth options do you know of that actually had decent production?

He's listed as the Steelers punt and kickoff return man. That's primarily why they traded for him, although they do plan to use him in the slot.

Reactions: CWR

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Switzer - the fumbling mumbling man was wasted pick IMO

TO SHORT WHEN WE ALREDY HAD BEASLEDY

If you hate returner fumbles then you're gonna love Tavon Austin.

As for Beasley, the adoration spewed upon him greatly exceeds his production as a player. But he's from Texas...

vaturkey

Reaction score
I'll be glad for Sunday when this stuff no longer matters and we can talk about Cowboys football actually being played.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go look how many fumbles Austin has had compared to Switzer.....
I know, but now he has Coach Garrett to inspire him with a few f words and some clapping. Trust the process. Oh,and Switzer is no longer an option.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I know, but now he has Coach Garrett to inspire him with a few f words and some clapping. Trust the process. Oh,and Switzer is no longer an option.
Didn't say Switzer was. The problem is everybody wants to diss on Switzer for 1 fumble when Lenoir and Austin fumble at a much higher rate. Switzer is a much better kick returner than Austin and it's not even close. Switzer was also a better punt returner, losing him will have an effect on the return game. Good thing though is I feel our defense will get the ball back to our offense with shorter fields but having a return man that can give us short fields is a big plus. I really hope Austin can provide that with his punt returns but there aren't many returners in the game I would take over Switzer and none are on this team right now.