Is it possible Jaylon Smith is not the worst LBer you've ever seen?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Packers game is what you call a team loss. When your DC loads up a 6 DB formation, spreads it thin across the LOS, and the DLs get rocked off the ball, Brian Urlacher would struggle to make the stop.

Clark wasn't good this year, but it's not like he let down some outstanding team effort. It was a rough day for everyone.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT a fan of Jason Whitlock. But he has a segment on his show where he has Warren Sapp as a guest and they talk football.

I don't know how you feel about Sapp....but he is one of the BEST ex-athletes I've ever heard to discuss football...especially defense.

He said #14 and #33 put on some of the WORST LBer play he's ever seen! He is very knowledgeable about these things...but he didn't even know their names, which is why he called them by their jersey number.

Clark, like Jaylon Smith...is once again one of those projects Jerry loves to find...it's like drilling for oil for him. (I am not joking when I say this). He once saw Isiah Stanback as potentially being the next Terrell Owens because they had the same speed and were the same height and weight (and skin color. I added this part, and by the way I'm African American). I'm not making this up. Thats how much of a moron we have making the final decisions in Dallas.

Jaylon Smith was AWFUL. I kinda sorta understood the gamble to draft him....but I NEVER saw the logic in extending him. But Clark might be just as bad...I guess we should take solace in the fact that there is NO WAY they would ever extend him after the Jaylon Smith debacle....or would we?!?!

We need LBers...and not just via the draft.

Said it when Bobby Wagner was available that we should have brought him in.....but people thought he was washed. Didn't matter...Jerry was not willing to pay him. But REAL LBers that are tough, physical with instincts. No more of these projects or guys that can run fast.

Clark ain't it. Like Parcells used to say..."he's like a ball in high grass.....lost"!
Let me warn you about listening to Sapp. He said Tyler Smith is terrible and he shouldn’t be in the league….he would go on to make the All Pro that season….

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
The Packers game is what you call a team loss. When your DC loads up a 6 DB formation, spreads it thin across the LOS, and the DLs get rocked off the ball, Brian Urlacher would struggle to make the stop.

Clark wasn't good this year, but it's not like he let down some outstanding team effort. It was a rough day for everyone.
Bigger than that. I saw Jaylon Smith type stuff out of Clark. ZERO...and I mean ZERO instincts.

Praxit

Reaction score
Someone released a you tube video on on this.
OMG, I was furious seeing him get fooled out of his gap, only to find RB shifing direction right to his gap. It happened several times.
What worse, ..Quinn was seeing this. Why not send Clark a memo, stay in your gaps?
Mental midgets.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Truth be told there was one year where Jaylin and LVE were incredible….only last one year and they collapsed in the playoffs and were never the same again.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Someone released a you tube video on on this.
OMG, I was furious seeing him get fooled out of his gap, only to find RB shifing direction right to his gap. It happened several times.
What worse, ..Quinn was seeing this. Why not send Clark a memo, stay in your gaps?
Mental midgets.
He looked MENTALLY exhausted out there. Like he was so exhausted from being fooled that he gave up.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't think Jaylon was as bad as what we have now. At least he has some size. He made a play everyone in a while. But we need to do better than all of them. DL and LB is a big need on this team.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Blame tge linebacker situation on Dan Quinn.
His arrogance led us into the season light as it is at lb , but his insistence that he can go big nickel using Bell(unfair on a young player) is what doomed this defense. It didn't help that we lost Overshown (a rookie) to serious injury.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT a fan of Jason Whitlock. But he has a segment on his show where he has Warren Sapp as a guest and they talk football.

I don't know how you feel about Sapp....but he is one of the BEST ex-athletes I've ever heard to discuss football...especially defense.

He said #14 and #33 put on some of the WORST LBer play he's ever seen! He is very knowledgeable about these things...but he didn't even know their names, which is why he called them by their jersey number.

Clark, like Jaylon Smith...is once again one of those projects Jerry loves to find...it's like drilling for oil for him. (I am not joking when I say this). He once saw Isiah Stanback as potentially being the next Terrell Owens because they had the same speed and were the same height and weight (and skin color. I added this part, and by the way I'm African American). I'm not making this up. Thats how much of a moron we have making the final decisions in Dallas.

Jaylon Smith was AWFUL. I kinda sorta understood the gamble to draft him....but I NEVER saw the logic in extending him. But Clark might be just as bad...I guess we should take solace in the fact that there is NO WAY they would ever extend him after the Jaylon Smith debacle....or would we?!?!

Said it when Bobby Wagner was available that we should have brought him in.....but people thought he was washed. Didn't matter...Jerry was not willing to pay him. But REAL LBers that are tough, physical with instincts. No more of these projects or guys that can run fast.

Clark ain't it. Like Parcells used to say..."he's like a ball in high grass.....lost"!
Sapp said Tyler Smith was trash and did not belong on an NFL roster.

The biggest problem with Clark and Bell is they are not LBs.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Wrote on the draft board recently about this subject, Cowboys target athlete's at the position, where Linebacker is more to do with instincts. Seeing the play before it happens, being quicker to a spot before a blocker can get there. Throw out the timed speed, target backers with high level instincts!

FVSTONE

Reaction score

At this point I personally believe that it's the type of leadership and lousy coaching that is affecting their play.