Is it possible Jaylon Smith is not the worst LBer you've ever seen?

Cmac

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith was never the worst LB......he just became a board "Fall Guy". LVE only looks good, because there' s worst on the table. There's a pattern. We haven't had a really good LB in a while. The declaration of SLee as such and described as elite?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT a fan of Jason Whitlock. But he has a segment on his show where he has Warren Sapp as a guest and they talk football.

I don't know how you feel about Sapp....but he is one of the BEST ex-athletes I've ever heard to discuss football...especially defense.

He said #14 and #33 put on some of the WORST LBer play he's ever seen! He is very knowledgeable about these things...but he didn't even know their names, which is why he called them by their jersey number.

Clark, like Jaylon Smith...is once again one of those projects Jerry loves to find...it's like drilling for oil for him. (I am not joking when I say this). He once saw Isiah Stanback as potentially being the next Terrell Owens because they had the same speed and were the same height and weight (and skin color. I added this part, and by the way I'm African American). I'm not making this up. Thats how much of a moron we have making the final decisions in Dallas.

Jaylon Smith was AWFUL. I kinda sorta understood the gamble to draft him....but I NEVER saw the logic in extending him. But Clark might be just as bad...I guess we should take solace in the fact that there is NO WAY they would ever extend him after the Jaylon Smith debacle....or would we?!?!

We need LBers...and not just via the draft.

Said it when Bobby Wagner was available that we should have brought him in.....but people thought he was washed. Didn't matter...Jerry was not willing to pay him. But REAL LBers that are tough, physical with instincts. No more of these projects or guys that can run fast.

Clark ain't it. Like Parcells used to say..."he's like a ball in high grass.....lost"!
Damone Clark and Bell were downright awful . The worst I've seen since Jaylon, maybe worse

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy who said Tyler Smith doesn't belong in the league says Damone Clark sucks?

I feel good about it.

Brooksey

Reaction score
The guy who said Tyler Smith doesn't belong in the league says Damone Clark sucks?

I feel good about it.
This is two plays, but it was all day long. No help from DT's but you have read a play and step into the hole at some point as a professional LB.

M Bell has an excuse, he's a safety.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He may not be the worst linebacker but I’ve never seen one try to avoid contact more than him. “Oh let’s jump on the pile to make it look like I did something.”

Kwyn

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I am NOT a fan of Jason Whitlock. But he has a segment on his show where he has Warren Sapp as a guest and they talk football.

I don't know how you feel about Sapp....but he is one of the BEST ex-athletes I've ever heard to discuss football...especially defense.

He said #14 and #33 put on some of the WORST LBer play he's ever seen! He is very knowledgeable about these things...but he didn't even know their names, which is why he called them by their jersey number.

Clark, like Jaylon Smith...is once again one of those projects Jerry loves to find...it's like drilling for oil for him. (I am not joking when I say this). He once saw Isiah Stanback as potentially being the next Terrell Owens because they had the same speed and were the same height and weight (and skin color. I added this part, and by the way I'm African American). I'm not making this up. Thats how much of a moron we have making the final decisions in Dallas.

Jaylon Smith was AWFUL. I kinda sorta understood the gamble to draft him....but I NEVER saw the logic in extending him. But Clark might be just as bad...I guess we should take solace in the fact that there is NO WAY they would ever extend him after the Jaylon Smith debacle....or would we?!?!

We need LBers...and not just via the draft.

Said it when Bobby Wagner was available that we should have brought him in.....but people thought he was washed. Didn't matter...Jerry was not willing to pay him. But REAL LBers that are tough, physical with instincts. No more of these projects or guys that can run fast.

Clark ain't it. Like Parcells used to say..."he's like a ball in high grass.....lost"!
Clark is not a Jerry project. That’s DQ.

Bobby Wagner was never abailable for us or any other team outside of Seattle. When he left them the first time to get a bag he took out an article in the paper and told them he was going to be coming back home. He left his entire family there while he was with the Rams. There was no true competition for his services unless some team wanted to just make him a ridiculous offer.

People keep talking about Wagner like our team failed to land him. The entire league failed if that’s the case because he had no intention of signing anywhere but Seattle.

Mannix

Reaction score
Someone PLEASE find that Jaclyn Smith clip against the Bengals where it looks like he goes the wrong way on purpose along the line of scrimmage.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Clark is not a Jerry project. That’s DQ.

Bobby Wagner was never abailable for us or any other team outside of Seattle. When he left them the first time to get a bag he took out an article in the paper and told them he was going to be coming back home. He left his entire family there while he was with the Rams. There was no true competition for his services unless some team wanted to just make him a ridiculous offer.

People keep talking about Wagner like our team failed to land him. The entire league failed if that’s the case because he had no intention of signing anywhere but Seattle.
So we could NOT have offered him the bag the Rams did?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You’re talking about 2 years ago?
Sure. I felt we should have moved "heaven and earth" to get Wagner to Dallas. When we wanted Deion....we did what it took to get Deion. When we wanted Charley Haley...we did what it took.

It's too easy to let this front office of the hook with the attitude of "being mindful of the cap" or "being mindful of progress stoppers" or "protecting draft capital". A true franchise architect should see that we have a roster that cannot get over the hump through drafting, coaching or player development. We need a PLUG AND PLAY difference maker. We can quibble about who that should be...but the fact of the matter is this organization has not done that since probably Terrel Owens. And another year of McCarthy, Quinn and Dak is not going to yield different results. We have shown who this edition of the Cowboys are...and another year ain't changing that. And anyone in that front office that thinks the results will be different...are just proving how inept they are in building a Super Bowl contender.

I don't care that we won 12 games. We are NOT a Super Bowl contender. When we play other teams that can look us in the eye...the results speak for themselves. Our goal should be able to compete with teams that are true SB contenders. The 49ers beat us in the playoffs 3 years ago...and we thought it was a fluke. They have beat us 2 times since then...and the last time should have indicated to this franchise how far away we are. Now the upstart Packers wipe the floor with us in our own building. Next year they need to go all in.