Is it possible that Parcells hold Zimmer back just like he did Payton?

RxMan

Reaction score
Any chance this could be happening? Seems like Sean Payton is having a fine time running the offense in New Orleans. Is big Bill just too damn conservative?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RxMan;1297741 said:
Any chance this could be happening? Seems like Sean Payton is having a fine time running the offense in New Orleans. Is big Bill just too damn conservative?

no, because Zimmer was an idiot before Parcells got here

he was a lousy DB coach, then he as a lousy DC

David

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Here's the bottom line folks. How soon we forget Zimmer being somewhat vocal about not being sure about our transformation to the 3-4 and his lack of having coached it EVER.

Bill should have jettisoned Zimmer as soon as he knew he was going to a 3-4 scheme and immediately brought in a 3-4 teaching mind.

jbsg02

Reaction score
watch us fire Zimmer only to have him go to New Orleans and have the #1 defense

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jbsg02;1297773 said:

Zimmer wont get another DC job in the NFL...I'll bet on it

David

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jbsg02;1297773 said:

wPipe_Dream.png

RxMan

Reaction score
I'll take that bet. Maybe not a DC right away, but he will be quickly employed and probably move back into that position.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RxMan;1297791 said:
I'll take that bet. Maybe not a DC right away, but he will be quickly employed and probably move back into that position.

your on then...he might get an NFL job, but it wont be as a DC (as I said)...he might get a college coordinator job somewhere, but unless Dave Campo is gonna get another HC job, Zimmer aint getting another chance

David

Gaede

Reaction score
Zimmer's defense has been the same for years now, with or without Parcells

But matching his inadequacy with Parcells' disdain for creativity and aggressiveness has resulted in some kind of super, hyper-incompetence

RxMan

Reaction score
dbair1967;1297798 said:
your on then...he might get an NFL job, but it wont be as a DC (as I said)...he might get a college coordinator job somewhere, but unless Dave Campo is gonna get another HC job, Zimmer aint getting another chance

David

OK. We can bet once we know if he is really leaving.

BTW, I really don't know the answer to the question of Parcells holding coordinators back. Can we succeed with Parcells at the helm and a fresh coordinator or is he the problem?

RxMan

Reaction score
dbair1967;1297798 said:

David

That was easy. What do you owe me? :)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHA ohhh davey boy got punked, ten bux says he doesn't follow through with his chest thumping.

and how in the hell did parcells hold payton back?

RxMan

Reaction score
How did Parcells hold him back? He put his super conservative stamp on the offense and limited his game plan creativity. Take a look at New Orleans for an offense which is creative and aggressive.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
RxMan;1304149 said:
How did Parcells hold him back? He put his super conservative stamp on the offense and limited his game plan creativity. Take a look at New Orleans for an offense which is creative and aggressive.
I think Bledsoe, Petitti, and Tucker held the offense back more than Bill.

If you disagree, see the 2006 season.

RxMan

Reaction score
theogt;1304155 said:
I think Bledsoe, Petitti, and Tucker held the offense back more than Bill.

If you disagree, see the 2006 season.

Which part of the 2006? The offense was anemic at best down the stretch ending the season with a 13 point display. It's the age old debate of players or coaches. Has Payton done an outstanding job at NO? Yes. Will Zimmer do a great job in Atlanta? Who knows.