Is it really time to panic?

jrumann59

Reaction score
No a lot of guys will be hitting the streets after 4 or 5pm today. All these deals made in principal have to be finalized and teams have to get below the cap.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
haha. I knew you would chime.
Lowered expectations might be the more apt term. Panic would be if were a SB team and our QB would miss the year.
We are a perennial mediocre team. 26 years don't lie.
Yes, but every year it's a new team. Some like to quit easily and give up. I don't.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I love how people act like them winning the division last year - at 7-9 mind you - matters. They won the division because of the Cowboys' injuries. That's it.

Yes, the Cowboys are the best team in the NFCE and it isn't close. They're the only team that can throw the ball.
The Cowboys won't win the division. They won't have the defense to do it.

But I'm sure once the 2021 season comes and goes and we miss the playoffs again, and then the 2022 season rolls around fans like you'll be saying the same old tire "Cowboys are the team to beat" again.

Rinse and repeat.

"Because of injuries" .... 1-3 before the injuries lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Cowboys won't win the division. They won't have the defense to do it.

But I'm sure once the 2021 season comes and goes and we miss the playoffs again, and then the 2022 season rolls around fans like you'll be saying the same old tire "Cowboys are the team to beat" again.

Rinse and repeat.
THE Commanders SUCK

I don't think the Cowboys are even that good, but the Commanders are awful. If you can't throw the ball, you can't do anything in the NFL.

It's not 1995. Defense and run the ball isn't a winning strategy. The offenses in the division aren't good enough to take advantage of any weaknesses the Dallas D might have.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
THE Commanders SUCK

I don't think the Cowboys are even that good, but the Commanders are awful. If you can't throw the ball, you can't do anything in the NFL.

It's not 1995. Defense and run the ball isn't a winning strategy. The offenses in the division aren't good enough to take advantage of any weaknesses the Dallas D might have.

How many passing records was Dak on pace to break again while leading the team to a 1-3?

"iF YoU CaNt ThrOw tHe BaLl, yOu CaNt Do AnYtHiNg iN tHe NfL"

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not panic. It's frustration with the Jones who continually botch FA despite thinking they have the smartest approach to it.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Time to panic? No.

Time to cynically criticize and pan this Front Office’s “strategy”, “philosophy”, and question their overall competence? Hell yes. For the past 25 years

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
How many passing records was Dak on pace to break again while leading the team to a 1-3?

"iF YoU CaNt ThrOw tHe BaLl, yOu CaNt Do AnYtHiNg iN tHe NfL"
Oh, you're one of the QB W-L idiots. Nvm.

Just go ahead and ignore the 4 teams who made conference championships I guess.

Sydla

Reaction score
THE Commanders SUCK

In the first Skins game, they ran it down out throats for over 200 yards, which isn't a surprise since our run D was pretty shoddy and a clear weakness. They had 400 yards of total offense. In the 2nd game, they gashed on us the ground again for 180 yards and scored 34 points on this defense.

And now they have a better QB. Hopefully Quinn can figure out how to squeeze more out of this defense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They'll win off defense and Fitz will be able to score enough points that WFT won't be out of a lot of games.

Unlike the Cowboys who will be out of games by halftime again this year.

Since you have the season all figured out then don't watch.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I stopped getting emotionally invested with the cowboys years ago as well. I just take a playoff entry as a pleasant surprise but also know we will be losing one or two games into the playoff schedule.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe 10 or 15 years ago I would panic, but I'm used to it now. We do nothing and just expect to hit on all draft picks. It's not worked, but the doofuses in charge are too stubborn to change their ways.

Washington signing Fitz probably won them the division anyways.
Wow, ready to give up already, and based on the *** signing a good, but not outstanding 38 year old journeyman QB.

I think I'll wait it out a bit.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We will wait and simply create some depth and competition. We live and die with the draft.....sigh.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wow, ready to give up already, and based on the *** signing a good, but not outstanding 38 year old journeyman QB.

I think I'll wait it out a bit.
What did you see last year makes you think that this year will be any different as of today?

Do you have faith that we'll draft a couple pro bowlers on defense? Do you think a bunch of rookies will be able to turn it around? I don't.