Is it time to bench EZ?

buddahjoe445

Well-Known Member
Messages
817
Reaction score
1,322
I know EZ has been getting some pressure, but he rarely makes plays or has much impact considering he is getting lots of playing time. I would like to see Lawrence and Houston get more of EZ's time on the field. I think EZ is too weak and light to be playing the edge so much. He might be a better fit to play LB.
 
Oh were doing this again this week? Same answer as last week. He's showing enough burst, bend and hand usage that I'm not worried about his ability to eventually become a legitimate NFL pass rusher. But right now he's still too inconsistent finishing the rush. He's getting himself into winning positions and getting the QB down.

He has 13 starts in his career. So I'd give him a B or B- which is likely better than most. All fans want is sacks any more. Players need time to develop. He is no different. He was taken at 44 not top 10 for a reason. And now he is playing in his 3rd defensive scheme in 3 years.
 
Lawrence year 2 will be light years better than Eze. Never saw the hype with ez
 
IMO, a 3-4 defense has to blitz up the middle to get constant pressure. The OLine knows to watch both guys on the edges, so blitzing up the middle works more times than not. We need to hit those "A" gaps about 8 times a game, that creates a threat up the middle which opens up the edges.
 
There is no one to replace him. M. Lawrence is not as good as Ezeiruaku. Neither is Houston. Von Miller is no longer a starting caliper player any longer due to his age.

Ezeiruaku can't be benched. Even with him the cupboard is bare at the edge for Dallas. Hopefully, Ezeiruaku and Lawrence can develop into 7-8 sack guys eventually.

I also hope the "sack by committee" nonsense that was popular talk on this board all offseason actually comes to fruition.
 
I don’t know what y’all are watching yeah I want sacks over pressures but Eze and Malachi are developing. It’s not their fault they aren’t ready yet.
 
I’m definitely not a Eze fan right now. I would rather see more Lawrence and Houston.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,120
Messages
14,668,565
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top