Is it time to do the unthinkable and pick another team to be a fan team?

Buzzbait

Reaction score
When they're not playing the Cowboys, I like the Bills and the Chiefs.
But I live in Dallas and I'm ultimately a Cowboys fan.

John813

Reaction score
I root for Miami as well, being a local team and when Jimmy joined.

They have been in purgatory for decades, so it's double the suck. But, I still watch.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
If this is the real Jerry leaving please hurry and take your family. Fantasy has been the stopgap for all the crap fans have endured the past 26 years for me. Always will bleed Silver N Blue....when they win again it will be that much more gratifying.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it time to do the unthinkable and pick another team to be a fan team?
QGfBxVe.png

Just kidding (kinda) :p

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm a long-time Cowboys fan but have never been someone who didn't feel I was allowed to pull for other teams--especially if they were not in our division.

To each his own, I guess.
I finally. thankfully, grew out of the superfan stuff.

It's just entertainment.
Mostly regular people paying money (via TV, merchandise, or live games) for multi-millionaire entertainers that hypothetically represent your city or state ONLY if the price is right. They have zero allegiance to you specifically.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I won't pick another team but my enthusiasm for the Cowboys has waned, significantly. I don't like, or respect, how Jerry and Stephen operate. They don't seem to care about fans and just take them for granted. I haven't spent a dime on anything Cowboys in years and I don't even wear the shirts in my closet anymore.

I guess I'm more of a follower than a fanatic at this point. I wasn't even upset at the end of the playoff loss because I expected it. I miss the days of being confident in the Cowboys in that situation - that was a lot more fun - but I can't lie to myself as it appears some are able to do. Jethro & Son just aren't up to the task.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
oh no, how could I pick another loser team, run by a complete idiot and his stupid family? I just could give up this soon on these losers. 27 years or is it 50 doesn't matter I love losers.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I have always been a Cowboys fan, born and raised in Texas....when the Browns moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens, me and my younger brother decided to adopt them as our AFC team...it's been fun rooting for them on the AFC side, and John Harbaugh is a great coach, the hours I spend reading and posting on the Cowboys is still about a 100-1 compared to the Ravens, it's not that easy to move off the Cowboys when that's all you have ever rooted for.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is for each of us decide but I no longer have the same level of passion for the Cowboys or the NFL in general.

I also learned quite some time ago to manage my expectations and the highs and lows of the seasons.

As far as staying a fan of the Cowboys, I did two things that have helped that. One, I avoid all of the media stuff around the Joneses and some of that they try and create. The only stuff I hear, see or read is posted here and I do not watch the majority of that.

The second thing I have done is reduce the 17 game season down to 17 1 game seasons so every game stands on its own, particularly the division games.

But I am not a Superbowl or bust fan. I do not expect to go; therefore, I am not disappointed. I used to watch them to see them win and now I watch them to see them play.

There is one little gift I get when they do lose, Booger's sourpuss face. It is a consolation prize but a prize just the same.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand the concept of abandoning your local or regional team. Can someone tell me how that works? That must be how we ended up with so many fans from abroad.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m not sure I understand the concept of abandoning your local or regional team. Can someone tell me how that works? That must be how we ended up with so many fans from abroad.

I still root for the teams I liked as a kid. As a kid, I liked players - that's what drew me to a team. I didn't look at a map.

Unfortunately, that means I still support the Cowboys (Staubach) and Pittsburgh Pirates (Roberto Clemente). :facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I still root for the teams I liked as a kid. As a kid, I liked players - that's what drew me to a team. I didn't look at a map.

Unfortunately, that means I still support the Cowboys (Staubach) and Pittsburgh Pirates (Roberto Clemente). :facepalm:
I’ve always had players I enjoyed watching but I didn’t become a fan for their team. And don’t abandon local team just cause they suk, etc.

But I guess that’s what happens with some fans . They become a fan of a player and root for their teams .

The league couldn’t survive if all local fans abandoned their team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I won't pick another team...

May have to reconsider that position.

I already think Jerry is an egotistical, manipulative scumbag at this point, but now some fans have me questioning whether I want to be part of their crowd.

Then again, I'm sure every fan base has its warts. Maybe I'm just getting tired of social media in general? Too often, it seems we see people at their worst.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years. Some great times in the 90s and late 70s, 80s. It’s been a rough ride for about 26 years now. I have never shifted fandom in any sport. I rooted for Seattle a couple times in their last run but never considered shifting. I don’t even think it’s possible. That said I am going to start following the Bills a bit more. I am from NY. Have family in that area. Always loved that fan base. Those folks are hard core. I think Josh Allen is a great person to root for. I know it’s a bandwagon move but going to try it. Will still helplessly root for Dallas but I am going to try to root for Buffalo too.

Could you guys do it? If so which team?

Miami are my second team,
We are a 90's throwback.
They are an 80's throwback.
Our owner can't buy a Superbow.
Their owner can't buy a QB.

Jump from the fryingpan into the fire o_O:eek:

No thanks!
DC'S 26 yrs of trying is not as bad as what Miami go through.
I will continue to suffer the pain here.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years. Some great times in the 90s and late 70s, 80s. It’s been a rough ride for about 26 years now. I have never shifted fandom in any sport. I rooted for Seattle a couple times in their last run but never considered shifting. I don’t even think it’s possible. That said I am going to start following the Bills a bit more. I am from NY. Have family in that area. Always loved that fan base. Those folks are hard core. I think Josh Allen is a great person to root for. I know it’s a bandwagon move but going to try it. Will still helplessly root for Dallas but I am going to try to root for Buffalo too.

Could you guys do it? If so which team?
Quitters quit it’s what you do.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Well most people no longer live around where they grew up. I think it's mostly due to the expansion of television, the internet, Direct TV, cable etc.
The Atlanta Braves started it, Ted Turner broadcast Braves games basically over the entire country, people in particular in states where there was no MLB teams (the Dakotas, Louisiana (where I live), Montana, New Mexico, Nevada et al became Braves fans even though they were hundreds of miles from Georgia.

And people move a lot, most fans, imo, aren't "big" fans of a team, if a so-so Dallas fan moves to Massachusetts , e.g. with the Patriots being so successful, it's easy for them to become Pats fans and abandon or greatly reduce their fandom for the Cowboys.

It's a variety of things, can't really pin it down....

Motorola

Reaction score
Jerry better hope that San Antonio never gets an NFL Football Team.
Although the San Antonio-to-Austin "IH35 Corridor" and the surrounding counties are approaching 5 million people....the Texans and Cowboys owners will twist the arms of the other 30 teams to prevent a third NFL franchise existing in the state.