Is it time to do the unthinkable and pick another team to be a fan team?

lwehlers

Reaction score
i follow the chiefs alot since i am from missouri but i do not get to emotional with them like i do sometimes with the cowboys.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Trying to swap teams is pointless. You'll find out quickly its just not the same to pick a random team and try to have the emotional connection most fans do with their teams.

I half-heartedly tried rooting for another team the year the Cowboys signed Greg Hardy, but found myself just watching less football that year. I'd recommend to people at this point to stick through the hard times, and once the Cowboys do eventually field a team that can make a run it becomes even more special. I look at Bengal fans from last year as inspiration.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Every team in the league is working with the same amount of money. It’s called the Salary Cap, maybe you’ve heard of it?

Every team in the league invests their salary cap money differently. It’s called salary cap management. Maybe you’ve heard of it ? And the Cowboys have a lot of money doing nothing between dead money and overpaying players like Zeke, etc…

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years. Some great times in the 90s and late 70s, 80s. It’s been a rough ride for about 26 years now. I have never shifted fandom in any sport. I rooted for Seattle a couple times in their last run but never considered shifting. I don’t even think it’s possible. That said I am going to start following the Bills a bit more. I am from NY. Have family in that area. Always loved that fan base. Those folks are hard core. I think Josh Allen is a great person to root for. I know it’s a bandwagon move but going to try it. Will still helplessly root for Dallas but I am going to try to root for Buffalo too.

Could you guys do it? If so which team?
Nope, Been a fan long before Jerry and not gonna let him run me off...

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
My man, I'm 30 years old and haven't experienced jack... consider yourself lucky. Find an AFC team for the time being and you can be sort of impartial and have someone else to root for while you sit back and watch the younger generation complain how Stephen is even worse than his father. Personally my AFC team is the Ravens.
I really feel for the younger fans who have never seen this team do diddly poo.
At least us old timers have some great memories.

Flamma

Reaction score
Been a Cowboys fan for about 40 years. Some great times in the 90s and late 70s, 80s. It’s been a rough ride for about 26 years now. I have never shifted fandom in any sport. I rooted for Seattle a couple times in their last run but never considered shifting. I don’t even think it’s possible. That said I am going to start following the Bills a bit more. I am from NY. Have family in that area. Always loved that fan base. Those folks are hard core. I think Josh Allen is a great person to root for. I know it’s a bandwagon move but going to try it. Will still helplessly root for Dallas but I am going to try to root for Buffalo too.

Could you guys do it? If so which team?

For me it's impossible. I tried it a long time ago with hockey so that I could watch more of the games, it just didn't work. It's like rooting against your brother. Or abandoning a family member.

I wonder what Cleveland Browns fans did? Did they shift to Baltimore and stay put? Or did they go back to being a Browns fan when they returned? I would have rejected the doppelganger.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I wonder what Cleveland Browns fans did? Did they shift to Baltimore and stay put? Or did they go back to being a Browns fan when they returned? I would have rejected the doppelganger.

As someone from the region, my experience has been most of them remained Browns fans. I've rarely encountered a Ravens fan.

There was regret, for some, when the Ravens won a Super Bowl a few years later. Most felt Art Modell robbed them of the experience by moving the team.