Is it time?

canters

Reaction score
If Garret goes 4-3 or better the rest of the way, he will be back.

Hardy might in fact not return if he cannot get some sacks AND stay out of media headlines. He is too dumb to realize he is a hated marked man that needs to work and shut up. The last two weeks for Hardy trend against him coming back. IMO>

Sydla

Reaction score
So who are you replacing Carr with? Like it or not he is our best corner.
You want to get rid of Hardy now? The only pass rusher that even sniffs the QB. The only guy on this defense with intensity.
Every hole you create needs to be filled somehow.
Fans get all worked up over a players salary. Last I checked unused salary cap space didn't make any tackles or score any touchdowns.

This replace everyone mentality is why teams like Jacksonville stink every year.
Blowing holes in your starting lineups require you to use free agency or trust unproven rookies to improve in these areas. Generally a risky move.

Almost ever roster in the NFL has enough talent to win games. It's no coincidence that some coaches win year after year while the players all change.

I'd quibble that Carr is our best CB. Claiborne, if you look at the entire season, has played better than Carr. There is no reason Carr should be on this roster next year.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
So who are you replacing Carr with? Like it or not he is our best corner.
You want to get rid of Hardy now? The only pass rusher that even sniffs the QB. The only guy on this defense with intensity.
Every hole you create needs to be filled somehow.
Fans get all worked up over a players salary. Last I checked unused salary cap space didn't make any tackles or score any touchdowns.

This replace everyone mentality is why teams like Jacksonville stink every year.
Blowing holes in your starting lineups require you to use free agency or trust unproven rookies to improve in these areas. Generally a risky move.

Almost ever roster in the NFL has enough talent to win games. It's no coincidence that some coaches win year after year while the players all change.

I'm not advocating cut/fire today. These are off season moves that need to be made.

Money/performance/headache are 3 factor I would strongly look at. P Hardy might be good to great but Will be long term headache that will create distractions. Charles Haley got away with it in the 1990s because there was not social media around then. Carr is stealing Jerry Jones money. Better FA options will be available an Romac is just done a mental midget that the team needs to address in the draft. It's time to look forward to the off season an have plan to fix his mess

Garret's plan is not/ has not worked on 5yrs

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Just out curiousity, at what point will you question the head coach, or any head coach for that matter?

Let's note, that it's not like Garrett is coming off years of success and at the first sign of trouble people want him gone. He's been the full time head coach for 5 years. In those 5 years, he'll have made the playoffs once. So when people talk about making a coaching change, it's not based solely on just a 7 game losing streak. It's that 7 game losing streak against a backdrop of basic ineptitude for 5 years, save for one season.

How do you people not see this?

I disagree with you on this. I don't see his first years as inept. Not at all actually. I have said it before, the last 8-8 season before the 12-4 year was one of the best coaching jobs I have ever witnessed. When people look at strictly w-l they really lose sight of the big picture. The first 2 years were rebuilding years, no other way to look at it. The fact that the team was able to win 8 games in each of the rebuilding years and be on the cusp of the playoffs was truly amazing work by all involved. the 3rd year was just destroyed with injuries. When you cycle what 19 DL in a year and can still manage to win 8 games, that is outstanding work. Last year, speaks for itself. This year has been disappointing, to say the least. And some of that does go on the HC, no doubt about it. But at the same time, you expect your players to make the plays that are there for the making. I am not talking something like the Odell catch to save the year, but you know, catch the balls that hit you between the numbers, tackle the guys in front of you, don't hold a WR when he is doubled and blanketed, don't throw 3 INTs, etc.

Some people have been praying for a season like this because it fits their Anti Garrett agenda. It's sad really. The man has done a good job as a coach here over the last 5 years. And I think it would be huge mistake to cut and run at this point.

Now is the time for the fans and team to rally and make a stand. Its been a very frustrating year for sure. But when the dust settles we are 2 out with 7 to play. And for the first time this year, we are taking the field on Sunday with a full team. I am not ready to count us out just yet, even though I know the odds are very much against us.

But to answer your question directly, when I see the signs that the team has given up on him, that is when its time for any HC to go, regardless of who it is. The team has been playing hard, so they are not there yet.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'd quibble that Carr is our best CB. Claiborne, if you look at the entire season, has played better than Carr. There is no reason Carr should be on this roster next year.

Cut Carr was the battle cry most of the offseason...then Scandrick went down and everyone was happy we kept Carr. Mo has played better but Mo is also a part of the reason we can't play much zone. He just can't play zone at this level. Also he will be a free agent in the offseason. Are you ready to commit long term to Mo?

There is a reason to keep Carr. I don't care for him as a player but unless I see a better option then I won't say cut him.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Funny how some post get moved or disappear at random.......seems like a little coincidentally but totally fits the times