Is Jamaal Charles draft eligible this year?

hendog

Reaction score
And if he is do any of you Horns fans think he'll come out this year? I think with his speed he would be a great compliment to MB3. Especially if he could be had in rd 2.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
hendog;1736123 said:
And if he is do any of you Horns fans think he'll come out this year? I think with his speed he would be a great compliment to MB3. Especially if he could be had in rd 2.

Yes this is his last season at Texas and should be around in the 2nd or 3rd rd of the draft. I wish he was getting some better blocking up front at UT so that he could show what he can really do. Last weeks game though really helped his cause.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Like my boy Big Bill said no Running Back is worth turnovers and this guy puts the ball on the ground.

Good talent... But no thanks.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
He can't/won't run between the tackles...

Now if he gets outside...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
trickblue;1736137 said:
He can't/won't run between the tackles...

Now once/if he gets outside...

He runs between the tackles quite a bit. Most of his run come from between the tackles.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736125 said:
Yes this is his last season at Texas and should be around in the 2nd or 3rd rd of the draft. I wish he was getting some better blocking up front at UT so that he could show what he can really do. Last weeks game though really helped his cause.

He is a junior, so he can go back to Texas next season.

Speed does not mean much if you can't get past the line of scrimmage. Julius has plenty of speed and you can see how well he is doing. And I agree that he puts the ball on the ground too often. He is a 4th rounder in my opinion.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736139 said:
He runs between the tackles quite a bit. Most of his run come from between the tackles.

Sorry, but the guy doesn't like running between the tackles. The only time he gets yards between the tackles is if he goes virtually untouched.

And round 2? Try DAY 2.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
UT Backs lately haven't shown much....just ask Roy..

http://i7.***BLOCKED***/albums/y270/Bonecrusher31/RoyHookEm.jpg

jordan20

Reaction score
If he can cure his fumbling problems and he stays for his Senior year he will be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd in 2009. The O-Line for Texas is young (new starters/except for Hills) and not very good this year. I feel that they don't run him outside enough. Just my opinion.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;1736159 said:
Sorry, but the guy doesn't like running between the tackles. The only time he gets yards between the tackles is if he goes virtually untouched.

And round 2? Try DAY 2.

I have seen plenty of runs the the spread formation where he is taking it right up the middle. As for when he goes in the draft that would be anyone guess. If he comes out this season as joseephuss said he is a jr. In my opinion he should stay at UT another season to help himself

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Uh.... round 2?

The guy won't even be drafted. UDFA probably.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jordan20;1736167 said:
If he can cure his fumbling problems and he stays for his Senior year he will be a late 1st rounder or early 2nd in 2009. The O-Line for Texas is young (new starters/except for Hills) and not very good this year. I feel that they don't run him outside enough. Just my opinion.

Can I quote you on that?

Oh wait, I just did. Teehee.

Yeah I'll be digging this up in the future... when he's a 2nd day pick.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736169 said:
I have seen plenty of runs the the spread formation where he is taking it right up the middle. As for when he goes in the draft that would be anyone guess. If he comes out this season as joseephuss said he is a jr. In my opinion he should stay at UT another season to help himself

And the only time he does something with it is if he's untouched.

YOu need to watch him more closely, the dude has no huevos. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL.

And like you said "SPread formation", yeah that's what opens up the holes. Put him in the "I" and run a dive. He'll fold like cheap toilet paper or he'll try to pop it outside. The dude is scared of contact.

PosterChild

Reaction score
He's a poor man's Reggie Bush but with almost no moves and has a tough time hanging on to the ball. Not exactly a scholar either.

He might make a good return man or even a third down back with the right team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;1736176 said:
And the only time he does something with it is if he's untouched.

YOu need to watch him more closely, the dude has no huevos. He just doesn't have what it takes to be a starter in the NFL.

And like you said "SPread formation", yeah that's what opens up the holes. Put him in the "I" and run a dive. He'll fold like cheap toilet paper or he'll try to pop it outside. The dude is scared of contact.

I watch all the Texas game and your full of it to say he is scared of contact. I agree his biggest problem has been putting the ball on the ground and if he can't correct that it will cause him to drop far in the draft but the as far as his ability to run the ball and catch it out of the back field the kid has some good talent. You are entitled to your opinion of who can make it in the NFL and who can't but I don't agree with you on this.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
IF you can get him to control his fumble problems he would be a good returner for you. 3rd string RB.

Maybe bring him in on 3rd downs and try to get him in space for a screen, swing pass, etc.....

But he just isnt a guy you want to depend on.

Hes going to give you about the same thing Darren Sproles gives the Chargers at the NFL level.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736183 said:
I watch all the Texas game and your full of it to say he is scared of contact. I agree his biggest problem has been putting the ball on the ground and if he can't correct that it will cause him to drop far in the draft but the as far as his ability to run the ball and catch it out of the back field the kid has some good talent. You are entitled to your opinion of who can make it in the NFL and who can't but I don't agree with you on this.

:rolleyes:

And people accuse me of insulting others.

First of all, it's MY opinion.

Second of all, I'm not the only one that shares that opinion.

Let me guess, you're a texas fan? You "watch all their games" so I assume you're a texas fan. If so, try taking off the homer goggles next time you watch him. He's got amazing speed, but he is AFRAID of contact. He won't make it in the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Rack;1736189 said:
:rolleyes:

And people accuse me of insulting others.

First of all, it's MY opinion.

Second of all, I'm not the only one that shares that opinion.

Let me guess, you're a texas fan? You "watch all their games" so I assume you're a texas fan. If so, try taking off the homer goggles next time you watch him. He's got amazing speed, but he is AFRAID of contact. He won't make it in the NFL.

I am a Texas fan but I don't base my opinion of a player on being a fan or not. I'm a Cowboy fan and could not stand Carter at QB and I'm not overly thrilled with Jones so I can look at players regardless if I like the team or not and make observations of that player. But you are way off base to sit there make remarks of how he is scared of contact? Give me a break RB positon is going to take a lot of contact as does Charles and yet he keeps going.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1736125 said:
Yes this is his last season at Texas

So, the JUNIOR, called you and told you this personally, huh? 'Cus I sure missed that tidbit in the papers.

FWIW, if he did come out early, he be lucky to sniff the bottom of the 3rd.