Is Jerry even really a Cowboys fan?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jerry likes money. Jerry makes a lot of money, from the Cowboys, and other ventures. Every decision he makes, money is the first priority. Don't let him fool you with the "wants to win" shtick, it's all for show.

Yep it sure seems with all the money he has coming in from all the different ventures he's into a shiny trophy with Lombardi's name on it and a football on top of it doesn't even rate as a consolation prize in his world.

Now if it was the Jerry Jones trophy that would be a different story

Blackrain

Reaction score
it’s a legitimate question. I am witnessing another individual that is doing every diametrically opposed to the success on an entity that he controls. These things can defy logic at times.

Really unbelievable to me to have so many resources at your fingertips and just not be able to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Impossible for me to believe that you can be so successful in business and build the most valuable sports franchise and not be able to get past the first round in the playoffs.

Seems like whatever Jerry makes a priority he makes happen so in my mind a super bowl just can't be much of a priority more of an afterthought or an acceptable byproduct

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Sometimes I just have to ask myself because none of this really makes sense.

Was he heartbroken after the ice bowl did he watch Roger Staubach bring us back against the John Brody LED 49ers.
Did he see Bob Lilly sack Bob Griese for a 24-yard loss in our first super bowl win

Was he crushed by Jackie Smith's drop in the end zone did he jump for joy after the hail Mary
Is he sick of watching continual replays of the catch.
What real cowboy fan could do Tom Landry like that
Or is he just a self-absorbed ego maniac only caring about his accomplishments and having no real commitment of fanhood to our team.

At this point it is really difficult for me to believe with all his resources and all his money that he is unable to build a team capable of getting to an NFC championship game.

We are a diverse group on this site but we are Cowboys fans and I truly believe if any of us had Jerry's money and resources we could do better why because we are really fans of this team.

The only thing Jerry is a fan of is money and Jerry
Thank you for saying that so well. I have taken that same ride all the way back to the ice bowl. I have the same feelings you do about it.Yes I remember Lilly, Lee Roy Jorden, Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes, Don Perkins, Jeffro Pugh, Cornell Green. Those were some great times.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jerry is the biggest cowboys fan

hes also set in his ways and thinks his way is the best way for the team

i never doubted for one second Jerrys passion for the team and wanting to win.....hes just set in his ways hes stuck in 92
The good part about 92 was he let somebody else build the team because he was a little unsure and then that wasn't good enough he needed all the credit and because it came so easy he thought anybody could do it.
He was almost right for a short time then came the salary cap.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Thank you for saying that so well. I have taken that same ride all the way back to the ice bowl. I have the same feelings you do about it.Yes I remember Lilly, Lee Roy Jorden, Mel Renfro, Bob Hayes, Don Perkins, Jeffro Pugh, Cornell Green. Those were some great times.
That team shaped my young life They were my heroes still have my Cowboys jacket with the vinyl sleeve that froze in the winter and made pass catching difficult.

There is no replacing the memories of my old cowboys .

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Lol. Of course he is. Two years after lifting the Lombardi Trophy, Switzer’s Cowboys went 6-10, missing the playoffs; the club hasn’t been back to an NFC title game, let alone a Super Bowl, since. Johnson’s departure also marks when Jerry Jones fully took control of personnel decisions.

As Dallas Cowboys fans know all too well, that reality is incredibly problematic. Even if Jones only made correct moves as general manager, tying an entire organization to one man’s point of view can be dangerous. Guess Jerry has yet to receive the memo.

Blackrain

Reaction score
NO ....... he bought the Cowboys as a back up option.
Kind of like he drafted DAk as a backup plan when he really wanted Paxton Lynch
The guy falls in spit and comes up smelling like roses every time.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sometimes I just have to ask myself because none of this really makes sense.

Was he heartbroken after the ice bowl did he watch Roger Staubach bring us back against the John Brody LED 49ers.
Did he see Bob Lilly sack Bob Griese for a 24-yard loss in our first super bowl win

Was he crushed by Jackie Smith's drop in the end zone did he jump for joy after the hail Mary
Is he sick of watching continual replays of the catch.
What real cowboy fan could do Tom Landry like that
Or is he just a self-absorbed ego maniac only caring about his accomplishments and having no real commitment of fanhood to our team.

At this point it is really difficult for me to believe with all his resources and all his money that he is unable to build a team capable of getting to an NFC championship game.

We are a diverse group on this site but we are Cowboys fans and I truly believe if any of us had Jerry's money and resources we could do better why because we are really fans of this team.

The only thing Jerry is a fan of is money and Jerry
“ just a self-absorbed ego maniac only caring about hisaccomplishments and having no real commitment of fanhood to our team.“

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro is living the dream of being a celebrity football guy. He’s only interested in winning if he’s the face of the franchise.

Remember it wasn’t enough winning back to back championships when Jimmy was the face of the Cowboys receiving the credit.

That’s really all you need to know about him.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Jerry is the egotistical maniac who wants all eyes on him and his team. That's why he's basically made himself the face of a franchise.