Is Jerry even really a Cowboys fan?

Reaction score
Sometimes I just have to ask myself because none of this really makes sense.

Was he heartbroken after the ice bowl did he watch Roger Staubach bring us back against the John Brody LED 49ers.
Did he see Bob Lilly sack Bob Griese for a 24-yard loss in our first super bowl win

Was he crushed by Jackie Smith's drop in the end zone did he jump for joy after the hail Mary
Is he sick of watching continual replays of the catch.
What real cowboy fan could do Tom Landry like that
Or is he just a self-absorbed ego maniac only caring about his accomplishments and having no real commitment of fanhood to our team.

At this point it is really difficult for me to believe with all his resources and all his money that he is unable to build a team capable of getting to an NFC championship game.

We are a diverse group on this site but we are Cowboys fans and I truly believe if any of us had Jerry's money and resources we could do better why because we are really fans of this team.

The only thing Jerry is a fan of is money and Jerry

This quote answers your question. He’s not a fan, he’s P.T. Barnum.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Blackrain

Reaction score
This quote answers your question. He’s not a fan, he’s P.T. Barnum.

Yeah that pretty much says it our job isn't to win a championship our job is to keep people talking about us.

Well they were talking about us today on first take or whatever show that was with Stephen a Smith and Jeff Saturday who said we were most likely to be a disappointment and showed over and over pictures of sad Cowboys fans crying it was unbelievable.

It actually triggered me to post this thread today because I honestly believe that as much as we all may disagree on this forum down deep we are Cowboys fans to the core and if we had Jerry's money and power we would never let anyone disrespect our team like that.
There's no way he can be a fan and let that go on.

plasticman

Reaction score
He claims he was when he purchased the team.......B.S.

If he really was a fan he would have anticipated the fan reaction from firing Tom Landry. I'm not saying he should have kept Landry as a HC but he sure could have been more diplomatic about it.

He even hired a PR company to advise him on how to do it and they admitted years later they completely botched it and it was now a case study for them going forward. However, a Cowboys fan could have told them back then which shows just how detached Jones was from how fans felt.

Today Jerry Jones is a Cowboys fan simply as the result of being such a diehard Jerry Jones fan.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He claims he was when he purchased the team.......B.S.

If he really was a fan he would have anticipated the fan reaction from firing Tom Landry. I'm not saying he should have kept Landry as a HC but he sure could have been more diplomatic about it.

He even hired a PR company to advise him on how to do it and they admitted years later they completely botched it and it was now a case study for them going forward. However, a Cowboys fan could have told them back then which shows just how detached Jones was from how fans felt.

Today Jerry Jones is a Cowboys fan simply as the result of being such a diehard Jerry Jones fan.
Spot on !

JayFord

Reaction score
Jerry is the biggest cowboys fan

hes also set in his ways and thinks his way is the best way for the team

i never doubted for one second Jerrys passion for the team and wanting to win.....hes just set in his ways hes stuck in 92

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry is the biggest cowboys fan

hes also set in his ways and thinks his way is the best way for the team

i never doubted for one second Jerrys passion for the team and wanting to win.....hes just set in his ways hes stuck in 92
If Jerry really loves the Cowboys he would do whatever it takes to win. He's content to win the NFC East which hasn't been strong in years and keeping the Cowboys in the headlines. As long as the Cowboys make news he's happy.

irishline

Reaction score

Was he heartbroken after the ice bowl did he watch Roger Staubach bring us back against the John Brody LED 49ers.
Did he see Bob Lilly sack Bob Griese for a 24-yard loss in our first super bowl win

Was he crushed by Jackie Smith's drop in the end zone did he jump for joy after the hail Mary
Or is he just a self-absorbed ego maniac only caring about his accomplishments and having no real commitment of fanhood to our team.

At this point it is really difficult for me to believe with all his resources and all his money that he is unable to build a team capable of getting to an NFC championship game.

We are a diverse group on this site but we are Cowboys fans and I truly believe if any of us had Jerry's money and resources we could do better why because we are really fans of this team.

He tried unsuccessfully to buy the San Diego Chargers before buying the Cowboys so...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Sometimes actions speak louder than words

If I ever got the chance to speak with Jerry I would have no problem asking the hard questions we all talk about here. What's he going to do, ban me from AT&T? Go ahead - I haven't been to a game since 2011 (only went then because it was a free ticket) and will never go again as long as he is still breathing.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If Jerry really loves the Cowboys he would do whatever it takes to win. He's content to win the NFC East which hasn't been strong in years and keeping the Cowboys in the headlines. As long as the Cowboys make news he's happy.

What really frost me even more is his attitude seems to be infectious to many of the young players who come here.

After they're here for a while a super bowl ring is about as important as a secret decoder ring they get from a bubble gum machine.

All they care about is marketing themselves and their brand.
Jalen swipe. LVE and his bull spit wolf howl along with Zeke's obnoxious feed me nonsense.

shabazz

Reaction score

it’s a legitimate question. I am witnessing another individual that is doing every diametrically opposed to the success on an entity that he controls. These things can defy logic at times.