Is Jerry even really a Cowboys fan?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Jerry might be a fan of many different things, but I doubt if winning ranks among them enough to make it happen! :grin:

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Crazy, it’s not the money. It’s ego at this point. There’s no pay limit on coaches right? He could hire anyone to coach/gm. Lol
Yep I truly believe you could take anyone on this forum because we are all truly cowboy fans and give them $8 billion dollars and every one of us would find a way to build a team that would make it to the super bowl because with unlimited funds there's no reason not to hire the best to do everything if you are actually a fan and it means that much to you.

He's already got three of those trophies and the amount he knows he'd have to pay to get another one is not justifiable in his mind.

The end just doesn't justify the means for Chrome trophy that doesn't even have his name on it.
Some old coach from the '60s that he doesn't even care about
They should have told him that he wasn't getting in the Hall of Fame unless he won another super bowl then we would have had a chance

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The only one who can answer that question is Jerry, and even then, we'd not know if he was telling the truth.

Though being a Cowboys fan and loving making money doesn't have to be a one or the other thing....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry is a fan....in public.....and of the family cash cow. Winning, he is a fan of, if it is HIS WAY and HE gets the credit. Otherwise, its just another day at the office for him. But he does love the team on some level. Only he can answer that question I guess. But I think he is surrounded by grifters, and many are those in his own family. Wildcat Jerry loves the team thru and thru. Tamed, controlled Jerry is another story. I call the current version of Jerry "Please don't put me in a nursing home Jerry." Which is why he is very careful of what he says...ie all the word salad he uses. I miss Wildcat Jerry honestly. BOLDNESS is whats missing from the current team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
d9343eca49dcff15036d6567e73d9782.gif
wildcat Jerry

Blackrain

Reaction score
Good post Ray Jerry loves the team for different reasons than we do.
It's satisfies his gambling lust on a huge scale that only people with his money and influence can play on. Proven positive on almost a yearly basis in the second round of the draft.

Where else could he get put into a Hall of Fame

He's on TV he speaks to the media The Dallas Cowboys give him Rockstar status Even though he is a failure at his general manager job to the point he admits he would have fired himself.

We on this forum are real fans pure fans and all we care about is winning the super bowl.
Most of what is important to Jerry is not important to us and what's important to us is on Jerry's back burner

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's satisfies his gambling lust on a huge scale that only people with his money and influence can play on. Proven positive on almost a yearly basis in the second round of the draft.

He's on TV he speaks to the media The Dallas Cowboys give him Rockstar status Even though he is a failure at his general manager job to the point he admits he would have fired himself.

We on this forum are real fans pure fans and all we care about is winning the super bowl.
Most of what is important to Jerry is not important to us and what's important to us is on Jerry's back burner
Thank u. Yeah what you say is spot on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Wildcat Jerry has been MIA the last several years and its not comin back. Many fans , including the delusional, and sometimes complicit Mike Fisher(part time grifter/journalist) need to understand this. The cows left the barn a loooong time ago.

kskboys

Reaction score

If only winning was his first priority. Hades, even 2nd or 3rd priority would be nice. Instead, it's way down the list.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If only winning was his first priority. Hades, even 2nd or 3rd priority would be nice. Instead, it's way down the list.
Yes brother his priorities never cease to amaze me.
He's almost made it an art form in keeping winning just far enough down the list where we make the playoffs and give people hope but we don't get any further than that.

His pet projects just limit of potential Garrett is the first one that comes to mind

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes brother his priorities never cease to amaze me.
He's almost made it an art form in keeping winning just far enough down the list where we make the playoffs and give people hope but we don't get any further than that.

His pet projects just limit of potential Garrett is the first one that comes to mind
The most amazing thing to me is about half the league who actually run their football operations like it should be don’t have any more success.

At least they have a better opportunity to finally get it right while we are stuck in this perpetual revolving door of mediocrity which is all Jethro needs to remain interesting and relative . Master con promoter. 1+1=3

He can hype and promote an iconic brand drawing fans in from both sides . It’s become quite an embarrassing spectacle. One of a kind.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The most amazing thing to me is about half the league who actually run their football operations like it should be don’t have any more success.

At least they have a better opportunity to finally get it right while we are stuck in this perpetual revolving door of mediocrity which is all Jethro needs to remain interesting and relative . Master con promoter. 1+1=3

He can hype and promote an iconic brand drawing fans in from both sides . It’s become quite an embarrassing spectacle. One of a kind.
It truly has we are stuck in like a combination of groundhog Day and The Twilight zone of football.

Those eight and eight years with Garrett were an exercise in NFL purgatory not bad enough to draft well not good enough to get into the playoffs by usually one game.

Jerry wanted so bad for Garrett to be his Landry that I never thought that horrible experiment whatever end.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It truly has we are stuck in like a combination of groundhog Day and The Twilight zone of football.

Those eight and eight years with Garrett were an exercise in NFL purgatory not bad enough to draft well not good enough to get into the playoffs by usually one game.

Jerry wanted so bad for Garrett to be his Landry that I never thought that horrible experiment whatever end.
Unfortunately the Garrett years were only one segment of this horrible experiment of the last 27 years. And there’s still more to come. The nightmare continues.