Is JG handcuffing Kellen Moore?

dfense

Reaction score
Anyone watching football that knows anything about X's and O's or has played the game themselves know that is exactly what is going on.

The offense that we fielded in the first three weeks looks nothing like the offense we are running now. No RPO's, pre-snap motions, or any deception that we saw early on. Only our HC would be dumb enough, stubborn enough, or naive enough to change something that was working well for us.
Take into account 2 out of 3 of those motion guys were out. And the 3rd guy had multiple drops.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
On that read option play on 4th and 2. Romo said the defenders knew it was going that way. At the snap they were headed there.

I would trust romo, i would still think he has connections with this team and they are telling him these things. He's saying stuff without actually saying it. Funny because i know his good friend on the team is Witten.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Look at all the things that have reverted back to Garrett mode since Week 3.

-Nonstop 1st down Zeke dive runs.
-Nonstop hitch routes.
-No RPOs.
-No motion.
-No rotating Pollard in.

If I had to guess, he's running the show again.

I don't mind pounding Zeke, but how many times are you going to run the same off-tackle to the right run before you start to mix it up?

They are man pressing and blitzing us and they run 4 hitch routes, not one WR running a slant or crossing route. No chance of separation vs press coverage when they know the blitz is coming.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On that read option play on 4th and 2. Romo said the defenders knew it was going that way. At the snap they were headed there.

I would trust romo, i would still think he has connections with this team and they are telling him these things. He's saying stuff without actually saying it. Funny because i know his good friend on the team is Witten.
Yeah, maybe, but he is good at play calls on all of the games he works.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Nah man. Dez and TO have said stuff as well. I’m sure they know a hell of a lot more than we do about the insides on this team and how the playcalling works. Tony went through this garbage for years. I’m sure he has repressed memories of Garrett’s playbook and playcalling and I called it from the start. JG got his crummy little hands on the playbook and has been blackmailing Moore behind the scenes. If Dallas succeeds, JG will come out and say, “It was all me!” And save his job. If they fail (which they are doing right now), Moore will have to take the fall, which many fans and other NFL fanatics are falling for. It’s really a master plan by JG to keep his job. Hopefully, it won’t succeed, but Jerry Jones isn’t smart so he’ll likely fall for this plan too.

dfense

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but if Maher makes that field goal in the 3rd, Dak's TD run wins the game with 47 seconds left. Just sayin.

dfense

Reaction score
Nah man. Dez and TO have said stuff as well. I’m sure they know a hell of a lot more than we do about the insides on this team and how the playcalling works. Tony went through this garbage for years. I’m sure he has repressed memories of Garrett’s playbook and playcalling and I called it from the start. JG got his crummy little hands on the playbook and has been blackmailing Moore behind the scenes. If Dallas succeeds, JG will come out and say, “It was all me!” And save his job. If they fail (which they are doing right now), Moore will have to take the fall, which many fans and other NFL fanatics are falling for. It’s really a master plan by JG to keep his job. Hopefully, it won’t succeed, but Jerry Jones isn’t smart so he’ll likely fall for this plan too.
Dez and TO? the two guys who set franchise receiving records in Dallas with that "horrible" offense?

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Kellen Moore as the OC......really? He was no match for Gregg Williams today. It has to be Front Office arrogance to place him in that roll and have the keys to the car with JG riding shotgun. I'm glad we aren't facing Cincinnati next.....let that sink in.

I know this isn’t going to be popular, but I like the balance so far between run and pass with this offense. And yes, execution was indeed an issue today.
Issues:
1) Missing your starting OT’s hurt the run and the pass today
2) Gallup’s (who cost me a win in FF today) 3 dropped passes today (2 he definitely should have had) caused Dak to look elsewhere. And with your #1 and #3 receivers sidelined, it really narrowed the field.
3) The ref’s offensive PI in the end zone was absolutely pathetic and directly cost the Boys 3 points. The difference between winning and losing this game.
4) For me, the biggest issue with this team is it’s defense. Lawrence is nowhere to be found. The DB’s look lost, and for the umpteenth year in a row now, they cannot stop anybody when the game is on the line. Everybody and their brother new we’d lose if the Jets even got a FG on their last scoring drive because there was no way Dallas was going to score a TD/2 point Conversion/Win in OT.
5) Our FG kicker is Bi-polar with his kicking. He’s a mess

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah I caught that on the broadcast. In fact, Romo mentioned it 2 or 3 times throughout the game. Clearly he sees enough evidence on this offense to call it out on national television. Who knows why Garrett would handcuff Moore? There could be a thousand reasons but it is obvious something is up as we look anemic these last 3 games.

Also, poor Romo. Tethered to Garrett for pretty much his entire career. Gross. Imagine what he could have done in a better system? Makes me sad. :(

tico

Reaction score
The answer is yes. Anyone who is handed the playbook from Jason Garrett would be handcuffed.

When Garrett is fired, I bet they burn that pos playbook and never look back.

That bum wouldn't get a OC job in the NFL

Asklesko

Reaction score
No, Garrett is HC. He wants to win his way. He is simply making Moore implement his scheme. It would be good if we booted Jason and promoted Moore to the top.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
No,it’s just year whatever of the Garrett regime and it’s a tired act. They really don’t have the players to compete this year. We started 2 backup T’s today and our starting LG sucks..and our WRs keep dropping passees,there’s bad passes,etc. That’s not X and O territory. That’s on the FO and HC for not making sure these guys could do that job. That’s on them.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
Anyone watching football that knows anything about X's and O's or has played the game themselves know that is exactly what is going on.

The offense that we fielded in the first three weeks looks nothing like the offense we are running now. No RPO's, pre-snap motions, or any deception that we saw early on. Only our HC would be dumb enough, stubborn enough, or naive enough to change something that was working well for us.

My first thought was Garrett doesn’t want Moore to make him look bad which is exactly what he did those first 3 weeks. But Garrett calling plays again is the only thing that can explain the last 3 weeks.