Is JG handcuffing Kellen Moore?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Romo was talking about the same down the field routes are being called now that were used pre linehan. That makes sense cause its its s the same offensive scheme/ book. Sprinkle in pre snap motions, rpo's and its the same stufff only moore is calling the plays now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Maybe this is why the players are starting to rebel against JG?

To me he took over oc duties.

And that is the worst thing that could happen to this offense. Garrett to me still is a good HC but he also is one of the worst OCs that i ever watched.

No feel for the game. Bad playcalling. Stubborn in his playcalling.Really bad bad game management.

I am actually quitting on my support of Garrett. He needs to go.

khiladi

Reaction score
Romo was talking about the same down the field routes are being called now that were used pre linehan. That makes sense cause its its s the same offensive scheme/ book. Sprinkle in pre snap motions, rpo's and its the same stufff only moore is calling the plays now.

that’s basically what Dak and others said about the offense..

Dre11

Reaction score

Maybe this is why the players are starting to rebel against JG?

Funny how they fail to mention that Romo said right before that that the offense was dynamic. The offense then was in 2007-2009 was humming. Funny how folks try to twist Romo's comments to fit an agenda.

Dre11

Reaction score
To me he took over oc duties.

And that is the worst thing that could happen to this offense. Garrett to me still is a good HC but he also is one of the worst OCs that i ever watched.

No feel for the game. Bad playcalling. Stubborn in his playcalling.Really bad bad game management.

I am actually quitting on my support of Garrett. He needs to go.

Lol foolish when you see Moore calling the plays ...lol

dfense

Reaction score
I know this isn’t going to be popular, but I like the balance so far between run and pass with this offense. And yes, execution was indeed an issue today.
Issues:
1) Missing your starting OT’s hurt the run and the pass today
2) Gallup’s (who cost me a win in FF today) 3 dropped passes today (2 he definitely should have had) caused Dak to look elsewhere. And with your #1 and #3 receivers sidelined, it really narrowed the field.
3) The ref’s offensive PI in the end zone was absolutely pathetic and directly cost the Boys 3 points. The difference between winning and losing this game.
4) For me, the biggest issue with this team is it’s defense. Lawrence is nowhere to be found. The DB’s look lost, and for the umpteenth year in a row now, they cannot stop anybody when the game is on the line. Everybody and their brother new we’d lose if the Jets even got a FG on their last scoring drive because there was no way Dallas was going to score a TD/2 point Conversion/Win in OT.
5) Our FG kicker is Bi-polar with his kicking. He’s a mess
You are making too much sense to post in this forum. ;)

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe. I am not at all convinced Moore is any good.

I mean it seems like he and Garrett are buddy buddy- Moore was loved by Linehan, probably because they thought the same.

Both Garret and Linehan suck, and they love Moore. Maybe Moore also sucks???

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
that’s basically what Dak and others said about the offense..

Yea. I think its a good scheme if your qb and receivers can connect. Maybe this was why linehan was too conservative? Having gallop and cooper helps but missing 1 shouldnt derail the whole offense.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
It seems 99% of our pass plays are come backs and hitches or dump offs, I would like to have some routes like the Pats that are short but hitting a moving receiver. Of course the refs would call something illegal on our rub routes!

Carter

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but if Maher makes that field goal in the 3rd, Dak's TD run wins the game with 47 seconds left. Just sayin.

And if he doesnt make the 62 yarder like 99,999999% of all Kickers they would still be trailing. So whats the Point? We blame Maher now?

Cmac

Reaction score
I know this isn’t going to be popular, but I like the balance so far between run and pass with this offense. And yes, execution was indeed an issue today.
Issues:
1) Missing your starting OT’s hurt the run and the pass today
2) Gallup’s (who cost me a win in FF today) 3 dropped passes today (2 he definitely should have had) caused Dak to look elsewhere. And with your #1 and #3 receivers sidelined, it really narrowed the field.
3) The ref’s offensive PI in the end zone was absolutely pathetic and directly cost the Boys 3 points. The difference between winning and losing this game.
4) For me, the biggest issue with this team is it’s defense. Lawrence is nowhere to be found. The DB’s look lost, and for the umpteenth year in a row now, they cannot stop anybody when the game is on the line. Everybody and their brother new we’d lose if the Jets even got a FG on their last scoring drive because there was no way Dallas was going to score a TD/2 point Conversion/Win in OT.
5) Our FG kicker is Bi-polar with his kicking. He’s a mess
…..lots of excuse-making....good teams don't do that....they win despite....."Pretenders".

khiladi

Reaction score
Yea. I think its a good scheme if your qb and receivers can connect. Maybe this was why linehan was too conservative? Having gallop and cooper helps but missing 1 shouldnt derail the whole offense.

Linehan basically said pre-season of 2018 that they wouldn’t rely on Dak to throw the deep ball as much as Romo, because that isn’t his speciality, but he would be required to complete them. Linehan likes to attack downfield with the big arm QBs. I’m not sure if Linehan was conservative in this case of what. Even in 2016, when Moore was finally allowed to start, the playbook opened up a lot more than with Cassell and Weeden and based on what I remember, apparently Linehan wanted to go with Moore right away, but Garrett had Jones go out and get Cassell. It seems like Garrett’s MO in these type of situations is to get a ‘blue book’ veteran QB with a decade of experience.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Anyone watching football that knows anything about X's and O's or has played the game themselves know that is exactly what is going on.

The offense that we fielded in the first three weeks looks nothing like the offense we are running now. No RPO's, pre-snap motions, or any deception that we saw early on. Only our HC would be dumb enough, stubborn enough, or naive enough to change something that was working well for us.

==================

Have been thinking the same thing. All the headlines were about Moore and his innovations/creativity. Reminds me of Wade/Garrett . JG doesn't like it credited to someone else.....

It appeared yesterday when we did do some motioning that we moved quite well. The run into the middle of the line did not work and I felt this was an eek out a W strategy rather than an attack put these guys away.

That said, the D was atrocious allowing the Jets to control the clock and scoreboard.

Throw in the refs version of " flag football" and a very frustrating game to watch. On one hand.... a sure L, then hope, then frustration to have to get to a 2 pt conversion to tie, with no real certainty that our D would control them to not kick a FG for the W...

Bill Cowher was right. Kick the FG , trail by 1 point... Instead, we fail, and they score 7 right afterwards and extend their lead...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
YES. OBVIOUSLY.

There is such a colossal difference in the offense between weeks 1-2 and 4-6. The latter are the 07-09 offense, just as Tony was saying last night. JG has gone and gotten himself involved in offensive playcalling, and then just blames execution when it doesn't work. It is the same script he's been using for a freaking decade.

phildadon86

Reaction score
YES. OBVIOUSLY.

There is such a colossal difference in the offense between weeks 1-2 and 4-6. The latter are the 07-09 offense, just as Tony was saying last night. JG has gone and gotten himself involved in offensive playcalling, and then just blames execution when it doesn't work. It is the same script he's been using for a freaking decade.
Very easy to see. People asking why? Well. He didn’t like the fact someone else was succeeding. He wants it his way.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If it were provable and TRUE, JG will be in Jerry office being TOLD to bak the f off for sure... he said that prior to the season , so if KM wanted to go complain to the Jonses , im sure it would get handled..

we cant prove any of it , could be a young new first time OC is making bad decsions and we keep using JG as the scapegoat..

I say its all bs/. I doubt JG is forcing KM into anything..neither side of this debate can actually PROVE it and sure it looks like Romos old Garett run offense, its the same playbook and at this point KM is naturally bit hamstrung using the same plays ion new ways you run out of new at some point....then its on the payers to execute..

execution is the biggest issue IMO way too many mistakes from bad blocks, missed holes, poor throws, dropped passes, and Penaltys.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He absolutely is.......Garrett is a low character guy.........fact check that with Wade Phillips.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's still JG's playbook. It was the same when SL was here. Never going to change until Garrett's gone.