Is mario maningham eligible for upcoming draft

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1752540 said:
In this class, I'd take DeSean Jackson, Early Doucet, or Adarius Bowman in the first. That's about it.

I like Manningham better than all three of those

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1752554 said:
Michigan WR's? I get bad feelings thinking about 'em.

yeah, because guys like Braylon Edwards and Anthony Carter are/were just awful right?

David

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1752540 said:
In this class, I'd take DeSean Jackson, Early Doucet, or Adarius Bowman in the first. That's about it.

what is your fascination w/ Early? he's done crap

he's not that great of a talent

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1752841 said:

I think some people remember him being a super recruit, but you right...he hasnt done much at LSU and for the most part had been considered a disappointment while he's been there

he isnt going to be a 1st rd pick...I could see him going 2nd or 3rd maybe

David

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Being a Michigan fan myself, if we were to draft Mario Manningham it'd be like a dream come true. The guys got some serious deep threat capabilities.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
People laughed at me when I said Braylon Edwards was gonna be a stud...

Pretty much got the same response when I was hyping MM up over the summer during the off-season.

I love this kid (and yes I know I am a homer) and hopes he falls to us somewhere in the 1st IF he comes out.

He can take over the game and be Mr Clutch in the 4th quarter.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Depends on his 40 times. At 6-7 and 215 he has the size. But is 4.7 good enough. And I'd look at how quick he is. Can he get up high enough for that height to work? Some of these DBs get way up there without being 6-7. How strong is he? Can he get off the line in the NFL? Just as important what's the real story behind those off field issues? He is an oddity that catches a TD a game, is tall, has caught more than 8 passes once or twice usually 4-5 a game, and is currently the tenth to 20th WR on average.

I thought we were spending two ones on McFadden anyway. :)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1752841 said:

Just watch him. I don't care about stats. He's going to be a top 10 receiver. He does and has everything you want in a receiver.

dbair1967;1752867 said:
I think some people remember him being a super recruit, but you right...he hasnt done much at LSU and for the most part had been considered a disappointment while he's been there

he isnt going to be a 1st rd pick...I could see him going 2nd or 3rd maybe

David
Wanna make a bet?

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1752896 said:
Just watch him. I don't care about stats. He's going to be a top 10 receiver. He does and has everything you want in a receiver.

I tried to this year but he never seems to be on the field :confused::p:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
smarta5150;1752894 said:
People laughed at me when I said Braylon Edwards was gonna be a stud...

Pretty much got the same response when I was hyping MM up over the summer during the off-season.

I love this kid (and yes I know I am a homer) and hopes he falls to us somewhere in the 1st IF he comes out.

He can take over the game and be Mr Clutch in the 4th quarter.

He's one of the better WRs arguably the best. You're on safe ground.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dbair1967;1752831 said:
yeah, because guys like Braylon Edwards and Anthony Carter are/were just awful right?

David

I was thinking more about Terrell, Avant, Walker, Alexander, Howard, or Streets. Edwards is turning out pretty nice, and Carter was a diamond for a 12th round draft pick, but the misses in round 1-4 are pretty bad for michigans top receivers.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
smarta5150;1752899 said:
I tried to this year but he never seems to be on the field :confused::p:
He's been on the field the past couple of weeks.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1752904 said:
I was thinking more about Terrell, Avant, Walker, Alexander, Howard, or Streets. Edwards is turning out pretty nice, and Carter was a stud for a 12th round draft pick, but the misses in round 1-4 are pretty bad for michigans top receivers.

Desmond Howard was a Superbowl MVP

Avant is playing with McNabb...

Blah blah blah, why does history have to repeat itself anyway?

Historical comparisons based on teams and positions is the biggest excuse I ever heard.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1752896 said:

Wanna make a bet?

he better be 6'4" and run a 4.25

idk, someone who isn't progressing at the collegiate level probably doesn't have much of a future unless he possesses incredible abilities, I'll start to watch him more, I only watched bits of the Alabama/LSU game, but he didn't stand out to me

maybe it was because Flynn was tossing INTs left and right lol

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1752896 said:

Wanna make a bet?

I'd probably bet on it...he was supposed to be a really dominant player coming out of high school, and has been pretty average despite playing on a loaded team every yr and having good QB play the entire time...guys that were not as well thought of coming out of high school passed him up on the depth chart

I've never been overly impressed with him

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1752914 said:
he better be 6'4" and run a 4.25

idk, someone who isn't progressing at the collegiate level probably doesn't have much of a future, I'll start to watch him more, but I watched the Alabama/LSU game and he didn't stand out to me
It's whatever. You don't have to believe me. But, of course, I'm usually right, so it's at your own risk.

Edit: Regarding your edit: Flynn is absolutely horrible.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1752916 said:
I'd probably bet on it...he was supposed to be a really dominant player coming out of high school, and has been pretty average despite playing on a loaded team every yr and having good QB play the entire time...guys that were not as well thought of coming out of high school passed him up on the depth chart

I've never been overly impressed with him

David
I'll ban myself for a year if he doesn't go in the first round.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1752904 said:
I was thinking more about Terrell, Avant, Walker, Alexander, Howard, or Streets. Edwards is turning out pretty nice, and Carter was a diamond for a 12th round draft pick, but the misses in round 1-4 are pretty bad for michigans top receivers.

Carter was such a low pick because he played in the USFL, otherwise he'd have been a top-10 pick coming out

Desmond Howard ended up having a decent career, but just was never a dominant WR...Tai Streets was a middle rd pick and actually had a couple of decent years, but was doomed by injuries...Avanta was a late rd pick, nobody expected anything from him

Manningham is a great player

David

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
smarta5150;1752911 said:
Desmond Howard was a Superbowl MVP

Avant is playing with McNabb...

Blah blah blah, why does history have to repeat itself anyway?

Historical comparisons based on teams and positions is the biggest excuse I ever heard.

Howard was the 4th pick in the draft and made little impact at the position he was drafted at. To date, what has Avant done? I'm not saying Manning ham won't be good, but I also thought Marquis Walker was going to be a pretty good receiver (highlight reels from ESPN), but he can't even get on the field.