Is mario maningham eligible for upcoming draft

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;1752926 said:
I'll ban myself for a year if he doesn't go in the first round.

dont do this Theo...we like you and dont want you to disappear

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1752933 said:
dont do this Theo...we like you and dont want you to disappear

David
You gotta match the bet. I'm not too worried. I won't be going anywhere.

He's a better receiver than Dwayne Bowe (who I raved about last year) and you see how he's doing in the NFL.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1752932 said:
Howard was the 4th pick in the draft and made little impact at the position he was drafted at. To date, what has Avant done? I'm not saying Manning ham won't be good, but I also thought Marquis Walker was going to be a pretty good receiver (highlight reels from ESPN), but he can't even get on the field.

So Manningham went to the same school as these other so-called busts which makes MM a bust in the making?

I am still not following this "logic."

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dbair1967;1752931 said:
Carter was such a low pick because he played in the USFL, otherwise he'd have been a top-10 pick coming out

Desmond Howard ended up having a decent career, but just was never a dominant WR...Tai Streets was a middle rd pick and actually had a couple of decent years, but was doomed by injuries...Avanta was a late rd pick, nobody expected anything from him

Manningham is a great player

David

4th round isn't that late for expectations. (Green, Stanbach)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1752935 said:
You gotta match the bet. I'm not too worried. I won't be going anywhere.

He's a better receiver than Dwayne Bowe (who I raved about last year) and you see how he's doing in the NFL.

:lmao2: Craig Davis started over Early, and you see how he's doing in the NFL

squat

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
smarta5150;1752937 said:
So Manningham went to the same school as these other so-called busts which makes MM a bust in the making?

I am still not following this "logic."

I never said he was going to be a bust :rolleyes: All I said was that Michigan receivers scare me. To be totally fair, Florida receivers scare me more with Jackson being the latest to not do much.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1752953 said:
:lmao2: Craig Davis started over Early, and you see how he's doing in the NFL

squat
Are you implying that Davis starting over Early means that Davis is better?

If so, you're not very familiar with Les Miles. He'll start a senior over a more talented younger player regardless of how good he is. Perilloux is better than Flynn and they have more than one back on the roster better than Hester.

By the way, despite playing behind Davis, he had more receptions. Why? Because of his speed and ability to read defenses and find the opening between zones.

He would have posted 1000+ yards this season had he not been injured. By the way, I didn't think Davis should have been drafted that early. He was at best a 3rd rounder.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Paniolo22;1752960 said:
I never said he was going to be a bust :rolleyes: All I said was that Michigan receivers scare me. To be totally fair, Florida receivers scare me more with Jackson being the latest to not do much.

you left off a few other good Michigan WR's...

Glenn Doughty was pretty good for the Colts in the 70's...Chris Calloway was a middle rd pick at WR was good for a number of years in the 90's 90's...that Amani Toomer guy turned out ok too

David

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1752970 said:
Are you implying that Davis starting over Early means that Davis is better?

If so, you're not very familiar with Les Miles. He'll start a senior over a more talented younger player regardless of how good he is. Perilloux is better than Flynn and they have more than one back on the roster better than Hester.

guess I don't know Les Miles then

theogt said:
He would have posted 1000+ yards this season had he not been injured. By the way, I didn't think Davis should have been drafted that early. He was at best a 3rd rounder.

do you have his stats for the games played? because I couldn't see his name on the receiving yards stat sheet on ESPN.com:laugh2:

edit: I'm just funning you theo, Doucet isn't a bad receiver, just I feel he's being a little overrated for not doing much of anything, I'll have to watch him more

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
dbair1967;1752981 said:
you left off a few other good Michigan WR's...

Glenn Doughty was pretty good for the Colts in the 70's...Chris Calloway was a middle rd pick at WR was good for a number of years in the 90's 90's...that Amani Toomer guy turned out ok too

David

I like Toomer and followed him from High School outside of Menlo. He was such a stud, I thought he would dominate in college. He did pretty well and has made a nice career out of it, but hasn't been the dominant force I thought he would be, which is probably why he lasted to the 2nd round.
Greg McMurtry was picked earlier than Calloway and didn't do much. All in all, I'm not ANTI Michigan, but if it were between 2 guys of similar talent and they went to Michigan, Florida, or Anyplace USA, my preference would be for the 3rd.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1752998 said:
guess I don't know Les Miles then
No, apparently not.

or because he was going up against inferior comp

the college, 3rd CB
Really? You know what looks he got last season? You watched him play that much?

do you have his stats for the games played? because I couldn't see his name on the receiving yards stat sheet on ESPN.com:laugh2:
He has 313 yards and 4 TDs in 4 games. Not bad for a guy that's dealt with an injury. He'll probably end the season with 600 yards despite missing half the season.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1753005 said:
No, apparently not.

I said that already, but thanks for repeating

theogt said:
Really? You know what looks he got last season? You watched him play that much?

the 3rd WR usually doesn't get the looks that the starting 2 guys do, and you said it yourself, he found the holes in zones

theogt said:
He has 313 yards and 4 TDs in 4 games. Not bad for a guy that's dealt with an injury. He'll probably end the season with 600 yards despite missing half the season.

again, I'll have to watch him more, so for now, DJ Hall >>> Doucet

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1753025 said:
I said that already, but thanks for repeating
Just pointing out your lack of knowledge on the subject at hand. ;)

the 3rd WR usually doesn't get the looks that the starting 2 guys do, and you said it yourself, he found the holes in zones
And he continues to do it with regularity as the #1 receiver.

again, I'll have to watch him more, so for now, DJ Hall >>> Doucet
These last few games (and of course the Combine) will really determine how high in the first he's drafted. Should be a treat as he looked much better last weekend than he did the weekend before when he first returned from his injury. Unfortunately, the better he performs, the more out of reach he'll be.

And I like DJ Hall too, but I think Doucet is the more complete receiver. He'd more likely contribute immediately. I probably should have added Hall to my list earlier.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1753037 said:
Just pointing out your lack of knowledge on the subject at hand. ;)

And he continues to do it with regularity as the #1 receiver.

These last few games (and of course the Combine) will really determine how high in the first he's drafted. Should be a treat as he looked much better last weekend than he did the weekend before when he first returned from his injury. Unfortunately, the better he performs, the more out of reach he'll be.

And I like DJ Hall too, but I think Doucet is the more complete receiver. He'd more likely contribute immediately. I probably should have added Hall to my list earlier.

well I got Saturday off

I'll be watching *gives the stink-eye*

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1753065 said:
well I got Saturday off

I'll be watching *gives the stink-eye*
Watch their tight end, Richard Dickson, too. He's only a sophomore, but he'll be a future 1st/2nd rounder.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Mike Hart hasn't fumbled in 16 years.

Not exact number but look it up statistic gurus.

Go Blue! :p