Video: Is McCarthy a Motivator of Men?

T-RO

Reaction score
Enjoying watching Player's Lounge.

When all McCarthy had to do was plan a 2 minute speech, and put forth a slogan...and he fumbled half a dozen things...he's dead in the water, sinking fast. No one will respect him moving forward.

That Mojo thing was pulled from Michael Meyers comedic farce. It was meant to be a joke. Yet Mike thinks it's going to inspire players!? That slogan has no future except for sarcasm and parody.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t see how people can look at his track record dating all the way back to the 90s and say this.

Maybe he’s not yelling at people like a Harbaugh or whatever, but to act like he’s some trash coach with no motivational skills seems to be a bit of an overreach.

He isn’t anymore, but in the past he was considered a phenomenal offensive coach.

I don't care what he used to do. Now he does nothing. He brings nothing to the table. He didn't develop Hof qb's he simply drafted/inherited them. They didn't win because of him but in spite of him and his horrid scheme. Most overrated coach ever. But if you have good coordinators then he just needs to stay out the way and try not to screw up managing the game too much, which he does alot. Dam he just sucks.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
I don’t like the McCarthy hire but he did get Jerry to buy in to him and Jerry is a billionaire that doesn’t have to buy into anything.

Mannix

Reaction score
Retton looked pretty good (53 y.o.) in a commercial that aired during the Olympics coverage.
(Daikin Industries- manufacturer of HVAC, refrigeration, and air purifier systems and equipment.)
Maybe....but to choose her back in the 80's over so many other obvious choices is a strange one. I'm just making light....Sturm is one of the best around....dude is smart....but I really disagree about his stance in regard to Corky. Has he back peddled on it at all???

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I won't say I saw the show in question for free on youtube but yeah McCarthy he instills 0 confidence for him and Moore too looks pretty pathetic in it. OTOH the defense coaches look on top of things and ready to put an actual plan in action. That is how they are portrayed but who knows what is going on off camera.

Mannix

Reaction score
The more that I see of Corky, the more that I wish Moore had taken the Boise St. gig....I think Booger behind the scenes is not happy with Corky at all....me thinks the leash is very short this time around. That's why I wish Moore was already gone.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
Motivation is for self help nonsense and multilevel marketing scams, not winning football games. You really think giving good speeches is what takes teams to Super Bowls? This ain't a sports movie.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Based on what we saw on Hard Knocks, I’d say both attempts with his Super Bowl chanting and his Austin Powers mojo seemed awkward at best.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

7:53-12:00

Danny Mccray said exactly what I've been saying. Quinn is basically here to play Dom Capers. MM really isnt doing anything because the offense is fine and he doesn't even call plays.

@WillieBeamen
Ya boy getting paid alot to do nothing lol

While the notion that the head coach does "nothing" if he's not playing coordinator on the side remains comical to me - apparently Chuck Noll did "nothing" while turning a joke franchise into 4 time SB winners - the answer to the McCarthy question is no. Garrett wasn't a motivator, and neither was Wade.

Jerry doesn't want strong leaders in the HC position. Coaches like that think they're in charge. Jerry wants to be in charge.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Going to be honest, watching the first episode of HK I thought he seemed hesitant to talk to the players.

Big_D

Reaction score
He's better at everything than the last guy... except field trips and t-shirts.

and motivational slogans. There’s no i in team. Finish the fight! If that doesn’t motivate I don’t know what will! Maybe Jerry’s slogan hanging in the halls. I’m sure that one gets the players fired up!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

7:53-12:00

Danny Mccray said exactly what I've been saying. Quinn is basically here to play Dom Capers. MM really isnt doing anything because the offense is fine and he doesn't even call plays.

@WillieBeamen
Ya boy getting paid alot to do nothing lol

He shouldn't have to be....their paycheck should be motivation. This isn't HS.

Reaction score
I've never understood why a group of professionals need a coach to stand in front of them and rant about winning to motivate them.

They should be able self motivate. To want to do your best without some coach in your ear.

Do people think Tom Brady needed Bill Belichek to motivate him?

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerry bought into Greg Hardy too. So? Billionaires can get fleeced too

Jerry didn’t buy into Greg Hardy. That contract was heavily incentive based and he got out of it quickly. I’d say he took a low risk on Greg Hardy being the wildcatter that he is.