Is McGovern a Better Option Than Williams at This Point in Time?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just curious. I saw the graphic onscreen during the Carolina game that showed McGovern was one of the best rated linemen on the team. I don't know the sample size or how they assess these grades but I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

I'm all for putting the best guys out there no matter their name or salary. Thoughts?

Why do you keep showing pictures of men with long hair? Are you some kind of weirdo?

McGovern for sure. Plus dont we need to see how good he can be so we know to let Williams go?

tunahelper

Reaction score
If he was better, he'd be starting

As long as the DT doesnt use his physical strength and bull rush Williams is better. Outside of that Williams is golden. Maybe a rule could be changed where OL cannot use upper body when blocking? Then Williams is all pro.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I thought the idea was to get the best out there. Clearly McGovern is better then Williams. Why is Williams still starting:facepalm:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the DT doesnt use his physical strength and bull rush Williams is better. Outside of that Williams is golden. Maybe a rule could be changed where OL cannot use upper body when blocking? Then Williams is all pro.
So Philbin doesn't know what he's doing. Said him an email and put him in his place....

tunahelper

Reaction score
So Philbin doesn't know what he's doing. Said him an email and put him in his place....

Watch Tampa game and then see which guard played better. Then watch the negative plays/penalties in weeks 2-4 from Williams. You will see the light.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch Tampa game and then see which guard played better. Then watch the negative plays/penalties in weeks 2-4 from Williams. You will see the light.
I can see just fine, apparently Philbin can't.....if he's playing Williams over him, there must be a reason......again, email him and tell him to watch the Tampa Bay game.....

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
This O-line is one of the better rushing lines in the league and has allowed some of the fewest pressure while facing the most blitzes. But somehow Biadasz and Williams have played no part in that.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I can see just fine, apparently Philbin can't.....if he's playing Williams over him, there must be a reason......again, email him and tell him to watch the Tampa Bay game.....

Meanwhile JJ named Steele the starter for all the coaches. Remember MM trying keep us in suspense afterwards. Who knows why Williams is still in place is my point.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Why do you keep showing pictures of men with long hair? Are you some kind of weirdo?

I must be.

12313704-655393571269151-3031117186810043468-n.jpg

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just curious. I saw the graphic onscreen during the Carolina game that showed McGovern was one of the best rated linemen on the team. I don't know the sample size or how they assess these grades but I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

I'm all for putting the best guys out there no matter their name or salary. Thoughts?
Not with the way we have been running the ball the last few weeks

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
If he was better, he'd be starting
I would not assume that

We are celebrating around here all week because we FINALLY made a football decision

Think about this...it is national news that the Dallas Cowboys cut somebody during the season

That is how far off we've been from running things like a real football operation

So the "best players will play" does not always apply in Dallas

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not assume that

We are celebrating around here all week because we FINALLY made a football decision

Think about this...it is national news that the Dallas Cowboys cut somebody during the season

That is how far off we've been from running things like a real football operation

So the "best players will play" does not always apply in Dallas
Maybe, but I don't like to assume or quess....if Williams is starting its either because he's better or McGovern isn't quite ready yet.....he may be closing the gap. I don't think Philbin plays those games.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
McCarthy has said McGovern is a LG and isn’t as comfortable at RG.

Can you elaborate on that? Post the quote possibly?

Not questioning you but I really don't understand how that could be a concern seeing as most of McG real game time has been at RG and he has been solid.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. Williams is better overall. McGovern could be better but has not played better overall. I'd rather see him at center if biadaz doesn't step up.