Is McGovern a Better Option Than Williams at This Point in Time?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Any ma........le that reads our conversation and come away with me being obsessed is quite interesting. .
Don't start with me. I have no horse in this race. I'm just saying you made a poor defense of being called obsessed. I don't care one way or the other so go defend yourself with the guy making the claim, not me.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Don't start with me. I have no horse in this race. I'm just saying you made a poor defense of being called obsessed. I don't care one way or the other so go defend yourself with the guy making the claim, not me.
You put your 2 cents in like a woman now saying leave me out of it. Lol weird dudes on here.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You put your 2 cents in like a woman now saying leave me out of it. Lol weird dudes on here.
Spoken like the male chauvinist pig I always thought you were. Way to insult all the ladies out of the blue. It's a public forum, I made a public comment. If you took it as a stab at you it's because of your own guilty conscience.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Spoken like the male chauvinist pig I always thought you were. Way to insult all the ladies out of the blue. It's a public forum, I made a public comment. If you took it as a stab at you it's because of your own guilty conscience.
Lmao right right

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Just curious. I saw the graphic onscreen during the Carolina game that showed McGovern was one of the best rated linemen on the team. I don't know the sample size or how they assess these grades but I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

I'm all for putting the best guys out there no matter their name or salary. Thoughts?

McGovern is probably better in short yardage, where the field is crowded and there's a premium on anchoring and straight ahead blocking.

Williams still better in pass blocking.

Williams was good last year and is better this year. PFF 15th best G last year. 8th best this year.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Fans have been trying to bench Williams for years but the coaches, two different sets of them, never agree. :muttley:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am not a Williams fan at all but you have to admit the line has been very strong. The whole group. I mean they mauled a good Carolina defense. 200 something yards rushing. Just crushed them. Bosa a couple weeks back. Got his azz tossed around. It’s been impressive. OLines get mojo going. It’s a down hill position that gets stronger when the guys are playing together. There is zero need to change now.
And yet he is part of a unit that's ranked number one in the league ..hmmmmm

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Just curious. I saw the graphic onscreen during the Carolina game that showed McGovern was one of the best rated linemen on the team. I don't know the sample size or how they assess these grades but I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

I'm all for putting the best guys out there no matter their name or salary. Thoughts?
Connor Williams gets no appreciation by many here. He is very good in the run game and hasn't given up a single sack this season. Yes, he struggles to anchor at times, does commit some penalties, but the offense has thrived with him apart of it. I like McGovern, but he is more of a phone booth player, will anchor better, but isn't great on the move.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

It's good to know this is even a discussion point. We haven't had quality depth on the line for quite a while.