Is McGovern a Better Option Than Williams at This Point in Time?

Iago33

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on that? Post the quote possibly?

Not questioning you but I really don't understand how that could be a concern seeing as most of McG real game time has been at RG and he has been solid.
Sorry. Mistyped. In a pregame interview early in the year he said McG was a RG

blueblood70

Reaction score
If he was better, he'd be starting
NFL coaches dont typically say oh well lets play the worst guy LOL

id say all things being equal which its close you stay with the starter, its called cohesion..

the issue we will have is inserting LC back into RT.. as good as steele is playing we know lC is better BUT can you upset the cohesion and bond these guys have formed without him...its tough. id say after he comes back you dont do it immediately..maybe you get him some snaps on some series and see how LC performs & work him slowly back in like tempering food..

if hes not ready you stick with Steele..IMHOo_O

but the bye week is good week for many roster changes, so practices can see how this transition works..

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
He said the opposite.

Exactly. People just have no comprehension. McGovern feels comfortable on the right, not so much on the left. So in the staff's opinion, Williams is a better LG than McGovern is. If Williams is the RG, then maybe McGovern would start over him. Of course, you could say move Martin to LG and put McGovern at RG to make an overall better line. But then, that means you have all youth on the right side, which I don't think would be a great idea.

Better to leave it as is and have a solid backup ready to step in if needed. The OL has not been an issue this year. They have played very well, and they have been victimized by several BS holding calls...both Williams and Smith.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Williams has played well in spite of a handful of ugly plays. The OL is a huge strength at the moment and the team is winning. Not the time to make changes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is Jayron Kearse better than Donovan Wilson?
Wilsons been hurt what's your point? id say its coin toss..why?? pretty much the same player..

but yes at this point with Wilson missing most of the season with groin injury maybe got passed you , id say you roll with Kearse...hes hasnt done anything to give up his spot.,.you work Wilson back in and of he clearly looks better you roll with the hot hand..

its not rocket science.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'll try it again. Is Jayron Kearse better than Donovan Wilson. Yes or no
NO not when you are on the shelf all eyar and yuorrepalcement has clearly layed beter in 2021

what exactly has DW done this year ???

let me clear this up

ZERO NOTHING NADAS

you have to play in this defense in real games..has DW??

NOT ONE SNAP

yet are you are blind

who cares what happened in 2020 seriously an injured player who hasnt played in rs game yet is better?not from what ive seen i said its tie coin flip go with the hot hand..KEARSE in 2021 is better then an IR player in Wilson yes he is

stilltheguru

Reaction score
NO not when you are on the shelf all eyar and yuorrepalcement has clearly layed beter in 2021

what exactly has DW done this year ???

let me clear this up

ZERO NOTHING NADAS

you have to play in this defense in real games..has DW??

NOT ONE SNAP

yet are you are blind

who cares what happened in 2020 seriously an injured player who hasnt played in rs game yet is better?not from what ive seen i said its tie coin flip go with the hot hand..KEARSE in 2021 is better then an IR player in Wilson yes he is
So if Kearse is better why didnt he start week 1? Wilson played week 1 by the way. You seem angry lol relax

blueblood70

Reaction score
So if Kearse is better why didnt he start week 1? Wilson played week 1 by the way. You seem angry lol relax
because no one had chance to see that as he was here last year was he?? ..he now got his shot and is starting.

Wilson wont get his job back unless he proves it..whats your point?? btw wilson was injured going into game 1 not sure if he played i thought he was on IR already..kearse EARNED his way in

you can use PS as barometer Kearse has been surprise to us and coaches hes a gamer..so?? i said they both are coin flip yet somehow you are so dense you only ready what you want?? ..i think they are close of each other,,yet we haven't seen either in Quinns defense until game 1 up to now with Wilson on the injury list all this time he lost his job, again what's your point?

its truly obvious in this case and not the same as Cwill vs Mcgovern who both are healthy and the starter has been playing LEFT Guard and the backup while swing G rather be at RG and is NOT clearly better plays lg because we havent seen it

you get that yet?? or will you argue all day to try an wear person out to make yourself right when we give up..

DENSE
THICK
Stubborn
:laugh:
has to be always right=guruofnothing :angry:

blueblood70

Reaction score
no Kearse is NOW better ughh he earned his way to the starting while Wilson was on the shelf..easy answer for those with common sense..has zero to do with Cwill vs McGovern

when Cwill gets hurt and Mcgovern takes his place and clearly outplays him and they put cwill back we can talk..if not just be silent..i mean CLEARLY

stilltheguru

Reaction score
because no one had chance to see that as he was here last year was he?? ..he now got his shot and is starting.

Wilson wont get his job back unless he proves it..whats your point?? btw wilson was injured going into game 1 not sure if he played i thought he was on IR already..kearse EARNED his way in

you can use PS as barometer Kearse has been surprise to us and coaches hes a gamer..so?? i said they both are coin flip yet somehow you are so dense you only ready what you want?? ..i think they are close of each other,,yet we haven't seen either in Quinns defense until game 1 up to now with Wilson on the injury list all this time he lost his job, again what's your point?

its truly obvious in this case and not the same as Cwill vs Mcgovern who both are healthy and the starter has been playing LEFT Guard and the backup while swing G rather be at RG and is NOT clearly better plays lg because we havent seen it

you get that yet?? or will you argue all day to try an wear person out to make yourself right when we give up..

DENSE
THICK
Stubborn
:laugh:
has to be always right=guruofnothing :angry:
You think I'm obsessed with being right but you wrote a whole essay? Lol gotcha

blueblood70

Reaction score
You think I'm obsessed with being right but you wrote a whole essay? Lol gotcha
a dense person needs to be MANsplained to:lmao:
sorry i needed to be sure it got through, period..

keep reading, you will learn something:popcorn:.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The better option for McGovern is to be available for the "Mac" formation where he checks in as a FB and leads the blocking for the running game.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just curious. I saw the graphic onscreen during the Carolina game that showed McGovern was one of the best rated linemen on the team. I don't know the sample size or how they assess these grades but I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think.

I'm all for putting the best guys out there no matter their name or salary. Thoughts?

My thoughts are, that girl in your sig is hideous! lol

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He's a better fullback.

I mean...is he? I'm not a fan of #52 (also we never should have traded Dexter Coakley) but who's to say Connor Williams wouldn't be just as good playing FB

Now McGovern is certainly a better FB than Williams is a guard

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Any ma........le that reads our conversation and come away with me being obsessed is quite interesting. .
Two things can be true at the same time so don't think you're off the hook for being obsessed.