Is Micah on the Zeke path

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You should ask when will he get the fans hated treatment after signing a huge contract. Then doesn’t get 50 sacks and 15 INT’s and 20 fumble recoveries for TD’s.
I think this comparison is a little unfair. Zeke came into the league with off-field issues that some could never accept. I loved Zeke's play but others were more influenced by the baggage. Micah has no baggage and will be treated differently imho

Whyjerry

Reaction score
yeah he could be used much wiser than what the cowboys have done.
I would put him at middle LB, and on pass plays he could wait to go thru any open gap of his choosing. That way he would be unblocked.
He has covered up for LVE and Lawrence for the last 2 years. They get no splash plays from LVE and Lawrence has provided very little outside pass rush. I think the objective should be to split Micah’s pass rush 60/40 blitz/line up in the edge.

conner01

Reaction score
I worry that Micah will suffer the same fate as Zeke when it comes to longevity.
Like Zeke, he is taking a pounding and seeing him wear down towards the end of each of his two seasons is concerning.
It may happen the same where he signs a big contract and can't live up to it due to the wear and tear.
Totally different. RB as a position tend to have short shelf lives. Edge guys tend to last much longer. Biggest problem with Zeke is he had a ton of carries in college then we added another ton early in his career. He’s also had nagging leg issues and played through them but lost his quickness
Micah needs to have his snaps on the edge limited some but he’s gonna be fine

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I worry that Micah will suffer the same fate as Zeke when it comes to longevity.
Like Zeke, he is taking a pounding and seeing him wear down towards the end of each of his two seasons is concerning.
It may happen the same where he signs a big contract and can't live up to it due to the wear and tear.
Told people he was out of shape...no one believed.

GMO415

Reaction score
It'd be nice if the negative nancies would go with him....

You’re pathetic!
Why waste your time?
Go take a pill or drink a double. Do something to get over your misery.
Think of all the SB quality talented players Jerry squandered away.....

I have every right to be negative about this franchise. 28 years of good enough just ain't cutting it anymore.

Micah is generational talent. Something few Cowboys fans have witnessed. Shame it's going to get wasted by an administration that's not bold

80+ year old GMs don't exist outside of Dallas, why? Their imitators and not innovators.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don't think you can drag Micah off the field, the guy is obsessed with winning and possible desire for the sack title.
I doubt we're going to change him, It would be interesting, if we drafted a high DE or schemed Sam open to pass rush whether we could lessen the load (or whether Micah would even want that).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Really? Really? Are you serious or are you trolling? It’s obvious the answer. Jeez, I’ve seen some pathetic trolling but this is up there.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to take a player off the field when his paycheck is largely defined by the stats he produces. Sacks and pressures are easy money when you have a team down.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think of all the SB quality talented players Jerry squandered away.....

I have every right to be negative about this franchise. 28 years of good enough just ain't cutting it anymore.

Micah is generational talent. Something few Cowboys fans have witnessed. Shame it's going to get wasted by an administration that's not bold

80+ year old GMs don't exist outside of Dallas, why? Their imitators and not innovators.
Jerry is GM in name only....anyone can see that. I don't let things I can't control take away from my enjoyment....if I did, I wouldn't be around here anymore. Some take it way to seriously.....but, to each his own. Some people take a beating and keep coming back. Maybe they enjoy that kinda thing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to take a player off the field when his paycheck is largely defined by the stats he produces. Sacks and pressures are easy money when you have a team down.
Not really, coaches can see the affect these kind if players have on the field. If they command double and triple teams, it opens up another player to make the play. A good defender can change the game. Deion, used to engage his half if the field...leaving an extra man to help on the other side or in the box.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not really, coaches can see the affect these kind if players have on the field. If they command double and triple teams, it opens up another player to make the play. A good defender can change the game. Deion, used to engage his half if the field...leaving an extra man to help on the other side or in the box.
All part of production no?

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
They need to use him like his rookie year when he was allowed to use his athleticism to make plays at LB. He's not big enough to do what he's being asked for regular season plus playoffs

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah will be fine. But there is no excuse for him being on the field late in games when the outcome has already been decided. It makes absolutely no sense and I’ve seen it way too often in the past 2 years. I don’t care how peed off he gets. Take charge and tell him to take a seat on the bench!!!
That is not the way the Cowboys operate with their stars. Remember, it is all about entertainment to this owner.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is not the way the Cowboys operate with their stars. Remember, it is all about entertainment to this owner.
It's all about entertainment to all of us....that's why we watch. Wether you enjoy it or you let it get you down, it's still entertainment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember a pc with Parcells when he was asked why Ware was not getting more breaks on the sidelines and he just looked at the reporter and said "because the other coaches know when he is out".

Ratliff was the only break he ever got and he'd run himself out of steam facing 330lb guys over and over and he was a big guy himself but he was motor dependent.

You look at the stud D players on other teams, or even on earlier Cowboys teams, and they didn't let it rest too heavy on one player, they gave him help.

And before anyone crows about this DL, how effective is it without Parsons? Who is the behemoth in the middle taking up two OL?

This brain trust does not apply the same thinking to the DL that it does the OL. The GM looks for D stars instead of building a DL.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been saying it for a while. This kid is going to wear himself out and started to last season. The Cowboys should have taken Floatyworm's advice and traded him for a Herschel Walker style trade. Would have been the smart thing to do!
I’m sorry but this is stupid. Trade our young generational pass rusher on a team with very few holes to begin with, so we can get picks who may be nowhere near as good as Parsons? No thanks.