Is Micah Parsons overhyped?

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
So, he doesn't do coke? Lol, couldn't resist.
Remember how weed was the boogeyman drug? I do. Coke...is similar. Yes, it can cause a nasty addiction, but most people ...do it and then stop. MOST. So distilling all of Michael's discipline, leadership, teamwork and skill to "cocaine"...I get the joke, but it's lost its sting.

#88 is my favorite Cowboy...I don't care what he ate/drink/screwed...anymore than I care about someone smoking weed who isn't operating heavy equipment.

shabazz

Reaction score
No ....... but he needs to find away to make an impact in the playoffs.
He also disappeared against the Bills and Dolphins and that was just last season.

If he would find consistency the narrative would change.

I would find it hard to set the marker on him at this point.....but it doesn't mean he's not uniquely gifted.

shabazz

Reaction score
..anymore than I care about someone smoking weed who isn't operating heavy equipment.
I'm with ya. It's ridiculous that aircraft mechanics and air traffic controllers can't blaze up before their shifts.....they don't operate heavy equipment.

The same goes for surgeons as well.....especially just before open heart or brain surgery.....it will help them focus

So much Intolerance around us.....

stiletto

Reaction score
Yep - overhyped by about 50%. Feasts on the NFC Least half the season, disappears against better teams, just like the QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s hyped enough
He’s been a no show in most of our big regular season games and hasn’t shown up in 4 playoff games. He has only one sack and 4 QB hits. That’s a decent game for him.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I'm with ya. It's ridiculous that aircraft mechanics and air traffic controllers can't blaze up before their shifts.....they don't operate heavy equipment.

The same goes for surgeons as well.....especially just before open heart or brain surgery.....it will help them focus

So much Intolerance around us.....
What's funny is that I would probably want my surgeons high than drunk...and many are drunk when performing surgery.

Something to "take the edge off".

shabazz

Reaction score
What's funny is that I would probably want my surgeons high than drunk...and many are drunk when performing surgery.

Something to "take the edge off".
My best case scenario is getting a surgeon who was certified through a correspondence course.....or perhaps an uncredited school in a 3rd world country

fivetwos

Reaction score
His pass rushing skills are at the top end of elite.

They will waste him though if they continue to not find answers at DT because he can be schemed out of games, especially when not playing with a lead. He doesn’t “disappear” in the playoffs because the stage is too big. Not the problem.

Wouldn’t call him a great run defender but certainly good enough.

He sells jerseys and is extremely marketable, so may as well get used to him if you don’t like him.

btgboys41

Reaction score
In my opinion, as an athlete, he deserves all the hype. As a football player, his hype doesn’t match his production. I think there is too much of a drop off between his pass rushing, and his ability to support in the run game.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The answer to the question is yes. But the OP has asked this question over and over in different ways. Not clear as to why the OP starts a new thread over every little brainfart.
Because people like you who cry are always here to support!!!!

Redline360

Reaction score
I wouldn't say overhyped more like a lack of bad coaching. He's undersized on what he's asked to do and eventually wears down towards the end of the season. This falls back on the coaching staff to balance his load.

Even though his stats don't pop on paper(cause they tired) especially in the playoffs he still warrants double teams and accountability on every play.

Now don't get me started on social media and etc. Think he's catching the cowboys culture