Is Micah Parsons overhyped?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The ones that cost us 15+ percent of our salary usually are
I am not aware of many having a 15% annual comp plan. It just appears that way because GM Jethro likes to restructure and kick the can down the road. Then at the end of the contract we get a ballon cap hit and it often more than not ends up including a dead cap expense.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
No. He’s one of 5 players ever with 40 sacks in his first 3 years. Only Derrick Thomas and Reggie White had more after 3 seasons. And we know he does other things like track down ball carriers, fumble recoveries, returns, etc.

He’s on a hall of fame pace.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. He’s one of 5 players ever with 40 sacks in his first 3 years. Only Derrick Thomas and Reggie White had more after 3 seasons. And we know he does other things like track down ball carriers, fumble recoveries, returns, etc.

He’s on a hall of fame pace.
A new contract needs to be about his future performance. I don't want future money going to someone's past performance.

I understand he has had a great first 3 years. I also understand he is undersized and feasts on poor teams and fades in the second half of the season. With an 18th season coming up Micha needs to play 21 games now.

I would not pay what he is asking for. I would trade him and add 5 pieces to replace him. Two high dreads picks and $40M saved.

I don't care about HOF players on a losing team. I care about building a legit SB contender.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yes or no, and why????
At this point does it really matter what WE think?????? It's not like JJ is going to hold a zoom meeting with us all to get our approval on the dollar amount Parsons deserves.....................LOL!

Chasing6

Reaction score
He’s overhyped because he’s a Cowboy, just comes with the territory. He’s a top 5-10 defensive player in the league depending on what you value positionally.
And because he is overhyped he will want to be the highest paid none QB.

Let's trade him away for some overhyped draft picks and spend the money somewhere else.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
trade him we need draft capitol in the next draft and we have seen hum during the regular season wearing down because all he wants to do is rush. coverage he looks lost and has vocally been out there saying he doesn't want to learn the linebacking skills so what is he good for when the other teams have nuetralized his rushing the QB
Trading him for a haul of picks is the right way to go. We can’t pay him and CeeDee and expect to remain competitive with Dak’s already enormous contract.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He’s overhyped because he’s a Cowboy, just comes with the territory. He’s a top 5-10 defensive player in the league depending on what you value positionally.
Speed is what must be valued taking over games he doesn't do

Loso86

Reaction score
Our fan base does this to just about every good player we have who's due for a Fat payday

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
No, he is one of the most gifted defensive players of all time. I don’t think we’ve used him properly. He has the versatility to do a lot more than the Cowboys use him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No hes not overhyped. He's the best pass rusher in the game today. I fully believe he needs to not get 800+ snaps at DE as he can be a liability against the run, but he's a generational type of talent in getting to the QB.
then why was he useless in the GB game?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No, he is one of the most gifted defensive players of all time. I don’t think we’ve used him properly. He has the versatility to do a lot more than the Cowboys use him.
yeah that's fine, but does he want to be moved around

Chasing6

Reaction score
No hes not overhyped. He's the best pass rusher in the game today. I fully believe he needs to not get 800+ snaps at DE as he can be a liability against the run, but he's a generational type of talent in getting to the QB.
Go back and look at his sacks in a quarterly fashion. Majority are the first half of the year. A majority are against bad teams.

Is 13 sacks a year impressive? Absolutely. Does it show up when we need it the most? No it does not.

Not saying it is 100% Dak's fault. If Dak is constantly being doubled why can't some else get to the QB? With our great DB'a this year, I would hope we would be blitzing significant more often.

We had Dak, CD and Micah last 3 years and could not get passed round 1 of the playoffs. Does paying all 3 of them significantly more make us a better team? No it does not.

One of them, if not all of them, should not be resigned. It makes no sense to me to keep Dak or CD without the other. Letting Dak walk for a late 3rd round comp pick seems dumb and will not help finding his replacement.

Only real option to rebuild this team quickly with out a complete tear down is to trade Parsons. Save $40M a year and should be able to get 2 high draft picks.

Plus I think he is the biggest injury risk of the 3 playing undersized and the beating he takes.