Is Micah Parsons overhyped?

ksadler1

Reaction score
Yes. He's really good. He ain't LT and he ain't Michael Irvin.

"I'm like you...I"m like you...." - said Parsons to Irvin on draft day.

No Micah...you ain't The Playmaker in ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.
Funny you should mention the players hyped up on drugs during their careers. Let's throw Ray Lewis name in the hat while we're at it.

And no Six, l'm not dogging your post. I'm just saying that their careers were HIGHLY enhanced. But l'm glad Parsons isn't like that.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Funny you should mention the players hyped up on drugs during their careers. Let's throw Ray Lewis name in the hat while we're at it.

And no Six, l'm not dogging your post. I'm just saying that their careers were HIGHLY enhanced. But l'm glad Parsons isn't like that.
Dog away lol! I hear you...and good point. They come in all packages...and mostly the unconventional type.

Proof

Reaction score
Yes. Great talent, but not the "generational" talent he's hyped to be. How can he be that when he hasn't even won a single DPOY yet?

And please never tell me he's the "New LT" again. Not until he's clearly and obviously the best defensive player in the league for several consecutive years.
lol at “yet” he’s been a finalist every year in the league and is the odds on favorite already this year.

Proof

Reaction score
Remember how weed was the boogeyman drug? I do. Coke...is similar. Yes, it can cause a nasty addiction, but most people ...do it and then stop. MOST. So distilling all of Michael's discipline, leadership, teamwork and skill to "cocaine"...I get the joke, but it's lost its sting.

#88 is my favorite Cowboy...I don't care what he ate/drink/screwed...anymore than I care about someone smoking weed who isn't operating heavy equipment.
coke and weed aren’t similar whatsoever. and i don’t think anyone is taking away any of irvin’s hall of fame attributes, just that coke can give you an additional … edge lol

Proof

Reaction score
He also disappeared against the Bills and Dolphins and that was just last season.

If he would find consistency the narrative would change.

I would find it hard to set the marker on him at this point.....but it doesn't mean he's not uniquely gifted.
he’s as consistent as it gets. citing a game here and there is crazy because that’s literally every player in the league and most if not all at a worse clip than micah. obviously the playoffs are the glaring wart but “the bills and dolphins” is not a compelling case.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
coke and weed aren’t similar whatsoever. and i don’t think anyone is taking away any of irvin’s hall of fame attributes, just that coke can give you an additional … edge lol
They are not similar, but the point is that they are also not as bad as advertised by people who don't know better.

And as I said, I get the joke, but it's also very disrespectful and feeds into the narrative of some Cowboy haters. Here's my bottom line to both your points above: All these people who make sneering remarks about Irvin's coke/crack habit, need to tell me WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR LIVES. Ok, so you had "no cocaine" and didn't do squat...but because he did...that diminishes his work ethic, skill, leadership, sacrifice, etc?

So again...in my book it is designed to "take away".

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And please never tell me he's the "New LT" again. Not until he's clearly and obviously the best defensive player in the league for several consecutive years.
This is true but let's be honest, LT would have never played past his rookie contract today.........he was a drug addict protected by Parcell. Arguably the greatest defensive player ever, no question, but poor character and work ethic.

Proof

Reaction score
They are not similar, but the point is that they are also not as bad as advertised by people who don't know better.

And as I said, I get the joke, but it's also very disrespectful and feeds into the narrative of some Cowboy haters. Here's my bottom line to both your points above: All these people who make sneering remarks about Irvin's coke/crack habit, need to tell me WHAT THEY HAVE ACCOMPLISHED IN THEIR LIVES. Ok, so you had "no cocaine" and didn't do squat...but because he did...that diminishes his work ethic, skill, leadership, sacrifice, etc?

So again...in my book it is designed to "take away".
weed isn’t bad in general, just villainized. the medicinal benefits alone outweigh any propaganda. wake me up when doctors are prescribing coke lol. and again, seems like you’re talking about others who talk poorly about mikes vices, the context here is that being on coke is damn near a ped. him and lt had an extra gear and intensity that i’d wager was aided in part by coke / crack. micah already plays like his hairs on fire, so on coke we can only imagine was the point.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Most Cowboys star players are overhyped.
But I wouldn't say Micah is. I'd hate to see this defense without him.
And if we could find a DE who could give us consistent play opposite him, he'd be even a bigger threat.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
What is he runner up for DPOY 3 times now. The most double and triple teamed guy in football, yet still is in the top % in pressure rate. He is the definition of dominant player, when teams entire gameplay is to neutralize you.

This man is the reason Dan Quinn got a job in Washington. He made Quinn look better than he was.

Lastly the stupid thing said on here constantly about his playoff performance. in 3 out of those 4 playoff games the defense played well! I don't understand why people can't see this. Don't just look at stats, look at the game. Look at the first 49er game where Micah helped control the run game, was all over the field.

Last year against GB he couldn't have done much, he's only one guy. To put that all on him, when GB was running it down the teeth of the defense, is crazy.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

he's just highly enhanced on podcasting (not a bad thing) but calling out players on different teams when you have a game the next week, and lose badly isn't cool

Creeper

Reaction score
Why do some Cowboys fans insist on hating the Cowboys best players? I don't understand it. I get it.

Micah is the best player on defense. He forced offenses to account for him on every play. He is not double teamed more than any other player because he is just average. Micah's speed to the QB forces defense to put an extra guy on him and this is disruptive. It is not his fault that when he is fighting off three blocks no one else on the defense steps up to make a play. People point at TJ Watt and all his sacks, but look at his double team rate. It is half what Micah sees.

It is crazy to me that people put the blame on the best players and not the other guys behind them who do absolutely nothing. The Cowboys do not lose because Micah isn't good enough. Or Dak isn't good enough. They lose because the rest of the team is terrible and overhyped. Last year the offensive line couldn't open a hole for a running back but of course Dak is the reason they lose. The defense couldn't stop the run because the we have no DTs and no LBs, but of course its really because Micah can't play 11 positions at once.

Micah isn't overhyped. The rest of the team is. Once you understand that you will see why the Cowboys can't win in the playoffs more clearly.

LOBO7

Reaction score
If they would call the holding penalties against him he would be MVP.

kskboys

Reaction score
The answer to the question is yes. But the OP has asked this question over and over in different ways. Not clear as to why the OP starts a new thread over every little brainfart.
Coogledukes has two braincells and every once in a while they connect!!!!