Is Micah Parsons overhyped?

HungryLion

Reaction score
A few less snaps and some competent DT play next to him might help Micah not wear down late in the season.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Problem is we are not running 3-4. Nor do we have personnel to do so.
You have the personnel. The personnel is better to run a 3/4 than a 4/3. The DTs we have are better suited for DE in a 3/4. If Jerry stays out of Zimmers way, he will put a more solid defense than the so called Mighty Quinn.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You have the personnel. The personnel is better to run a 3/4 than a 4/3. The DTs we have are better suited for DE in a 3/4. If Jerry stays out of Zimmers way, he will put a more solid defense than the so called Mighty Quinn.
We don't have a legit NT.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Both can be true. He’s way more hyped than others that are as good due to being a Cowboy and he promotes himself quite a bit.

i’d put him top 10.
He can’t be overhyped and be a top 5 NFL defensive player. Only in your mind. And by the way, he’s top 2 at worst.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yes or no, and why????
He's not overhyped in Sept and Oct and sometimes even Dec.

But like the rest of the team....he just fades out in Dec/Jan.

He's NEVER overhyped when it co.es to flailing his arms around and whining about holding though. He's a HOFer when it comes to flag-begging

Chasing6

Reaction score
Both can be true. He’s way more hyped than others that are as good due to being a Cowboy and he promotes himself quite a bit.

i’d put him top 10.
I don't really care what he is currently or what he has done in the past. I care about what I project him to be in the future, if I will be extending him.

He is going to continue to be an undersized DE with only more miles on his tires. In my opinion, he is an injury waiting to happen and if he losses a step he is not the same player.

High risk investment in my opinion.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
At .83 sacks per game last season he exceled.
Nothing to sniff at.
But on a team of underperforming lads, he does stand out.
Yes, overhyped!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yes. Great talent, but not the "generational" talent he's hyped to be. How can he be that when he hasn't even won a single DPOY yet?

And please never tell me he's the "New LT" again. Not until he's clearly and obviously the best defensive player in the league for several consecutive years.
The Next L.T.

:thumbdown:

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's not overhyped in Sept and Oct and sometimes even Dec.

But like the rest of the team....he just fades out in Dec/Jan.

He's NEVER overhyped when it co.es to flailing his arms around and whining about holding though. He's a HOFer when it comes to flag-begging
He had 10 sacks in the first 10 games and 4 in the last 8. He fades late in the season when it counts the most. I am sure this is due to wear and tear on his body.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He’s a very good player. But I don’t think he will ever achieve greatness. He disappears later in the season and playoffs. He just doesn’t trike me As a guy that has that bully mentality. He talks like he does, but I don’t see it. Definitely a bit of overhyped.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
We don't have a legit NT.
Overrated. People forget that Jay Ratliff was a Pro Bowl NT. Even Tuna had Jim Burt at NT. Neither one was +320 pounds. Curly Cupp was smaller than both in the Phillips 3-4 DT at 6-1-265.

If you are a strong, quick DT, you can be a NT without being +320 pounds.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Overrated. People forget that Jay Ratliff was a Pro Bowl NT. Even Tuna had Jim Burt at NT. Neither one was +320 pounds. Curly Cupp was smaller than both in the Phillips 3-4 DT at 6-1-265.

That was some time ago. Weight continues to rise decade to decade.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

And likewise, Mazi is a blocking sled at 6'2" 330.

Weight's not the full story. It matters, football is a combat sport after all, but it's not everything.