CFZ Is Micah really worth a record breaking deal?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
True but it's tough to judge and compare a career when one player is only 2 years in and the other is already in the hall of fame. The trajectory is there for Parsons and it would be like trading away one of the greats from the 70s or 90s before they started winning anything. This is the one player who desires a championship. A mindset that we haven't had for the longest time.
Bingo. He brings a rare fire and enthusiasm that inspires and elevates those around him. He's an incredible talent, maybe the best in the game, but the intangibles are also through the roof. I don't see any good reason you don't pay him what's necessary to keep him around for the long haul.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Yup he is worth every cent and the dude works his behind off for this team. He deserves the contract he gets. If your afraid to draft players and keep them to avoid paying them, then we should just build a all rookie team with some vet minimum players and go for that first 5 picks of the NFL draft every year lol.
This. I've never understood some guys fascination with always wanting to trade away
known stars for unknown commodities in the draft. It is a foolish proposition.

conner01

Reaction score
I know I'll get bashed, I know it's not time, but we have to get our thoughts ready for this record breaking deal. In his first season, he blew the league by surprise because obviously no one knew what he could do as a rookie.

2nd season, I think we as fans are still living in the bubble of his first season. With these players, we need to go case by case, season by season. Every year there seems to be a new dominant player, or a team that comes out of nowhere to surprise everyone.

I said that to say, let's take Micah since he's the topic of this post, on a season by season basis. Year one was dynamic, year two, he was good, but often burned out! I've never seen a second year player burned out like that......

Contractually and I REALLY don't care what he gets, it's neither my money or yours. I just think we're basing his every move off of year one. I'd like to see him be that dominant force in the league, to me there's a few guys ahead of him.

He said weeks ago that he wants to affect the game and he isn't worried about sack totals. Believe it or not, I almost cried hearing that!!! It's not just about sack numbers, but what else you can do, to have that ultimate impact on the game.

So let's see what he does this year by taking over games and doing what he needs not worrying about numbers!! Once again I will get bashed and I accept it!!! Please give your thoughts!!
Sounds like he said what you said
Sack totals aren’t important to him but how he impacts the passing game
Sacks are great but pressures, forced throw aways, QB hits and lots of other things also impact the passing game. Focusing just on sacks takes you out of also impacting the run game too
He’s gonna get sacks but he wants to make an impact when he’s not in a position to get the sacks

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I know I'll get bashed, I know it's not time, but we have to get our thoughts ready for this record breaking deal. In his first season, he blew the league by surprise because obviously no one knew what he could do as a rookie.

2nd season, I think we as fans are still living in the bubble of his first season. With these players, we need to go case by case, season by season. Every year there seems to be a new dominant player, or a team that comes out of nowhere to surprise everyone.

I said that to say, let's take Micah since he's the topic of this post, on a season by season basis. Year one was dynamic, year two, he was good, but often burned out! I've never seen a second year player burned out like that......

Contractually and I REALLY don't care what he gets, it's neither my money or yours. I just think we're basing his every move off of year one. I'd like to see him be that dominant force in the league, to me there's a few guys ahead of him.

He said weeks ago that he wants to affect the game and he isn't worried about sack totals. Believe it or not, I almost cried hearing that!!! It's not just about sack numbers, but what else you can do, to have that ultimate impact on the game.

So let's see what he does this year by taking over games and doing what he needs not worrying about numbers!! Once again I will get bashed and I accept it!!! Please give your thoughts!!
If Parsons is signed to a large contract it has to be in the Watts neighborhood, nothing more.