CFZ Is Micah really worth a record breaking deal?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That is non sequitur . Different era, no FA, very rare trades happened at all, and all the players got mickey mouse paychecks.
Great players are great players regardless of the era. You trade them away, you don't win. Think the Rams would have won the Super Bowl without Aaron Donald? Paid him big money on his second contract and it paid off. Our fans want all of our players to cut a deal or get lost.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
This thread is about Parsons.

It has nothing to do with Dak.

Parsons is elite at the second most
Valuable position in the league behind QB. Which is edge rusher.

You pay those guys.
It also had nothing to do with Mahomes but you brought him up.

Yes "edge rusher" he is elite which I agree with.

He is LVE when he's not rushing the QB though.

I dunno why some of ya can't accept that hes kind of a one trick pony, but that one trick is important.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great players are great players regardless of the era. You trade them away, you don't win. Think the Rams would have won the Super Bowl without Aaron Donald? Paid him big money on his second contract and it paid off. Our fans want all of our players to cut a deal or get lost.
Actually most of the naysayers want to feel 'smart' always *****ing.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Also.... I heard that Micah tweeted a couple months ago:

Dallas - Micah Parsons = Washington Commanders

Apparently it was quickly taken down....

Sounds like Micah. Can't blame him for getting his point across. Hope this doesn't get ugly.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Yup he is worth every cent and the dude works his behind off for this team. He deserves the contract he gets. If your afraid to draft players and keep them to avoid paying them, then we should just build a all rookie team with some vet minimum players and go for that first 5 picks of the NFL draft every year lol.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It also had nothing to do with Mahomes but you brought him up.

Yes "edge rusher" he is elite which I agree with.

He is LVE when he's not rushing the QB though.

I dunno why some of ya can't accept that hes kind of a one trick pony, but that one trick is important.
I brought up Mahomes to highlight how silly your post was. You don’t remove a players best skill which is highly valuable, in order to evaluate them.

Discussing parsons without his pass rushing ability would be like discussing a QB without their throwing ability.

It’s just silly.

817Gill

Reaction score
You’ll get bashed for good reason

To say this this is stupid thread is being nice
Absolutely ridiculous thread. Folks are basically saying that since he hasn’t been completely perfect that he shouldn’t get paid. The same guy who’s been in the league 2 years and been first team all pro twice lmao.

And what the heck does the QB have to do with signing a top 5 all around football player in the NFL? Why do we act like there’s only one guy that can have a big contract per team?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Micah Parsons gets burned out just going 1 vs 1 late in a season, so how is getting other weapons on the Dline next to him going to help him keep from getting worn down 3/4ths of the way on his own?

McMicah

Reaction score
The absolute hardest part about this for me is that Micah isn’t built to be a 3 down edge guy. I feel like his body won’t hold up past 5 years doing that.

I pray I’m wrong, but if I were playing th Boys I’d run right at him on first and second and then let him try to rush on 3rd. I’d exhaust him and try and take him out of the game

CCBoy

Reaction score
Micah Parsons gets burned out just going 1 vs 1 late in a season, so how is getting other weapons on the Dline next to him going to help him keep from getting worn down 3/4ths of the way on his own?
C'mon, year two after a MVP year going most plays on the clock.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you have a defensive leader like Parsons who plays multiple positions and excels at almost all of them, you resign him. He's the heart of this new defense. To let him walk would be a huge mistake

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Look at how the defense performed before he showed up vs now. He's the catalyst that makes this defense hum, and letting him walk would instantly send them back to mediocrity. Of course, let him play out the next season or two on his rookie contract, but if the defense continues to dominate, you have to keep him no matter what.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Look at how the defense performed before he showed up vs now. He's the catalyst that makes this defense hum, and letting him walk would instantly send them back to mediocrity. Of course, let him play out the next season or two on his rookie contract, but if the defense continues to dominate, you have to keep him no matter what.
Know how to tell some posters are lying? Their lips are moving. :thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
Franchise him then trade him for a kings ransom after year 6.