CFZ Is Micah really worth a record breaking deal?

Big_D

Reaction score
When he played, QB's were not dropping back at the rate they are today. It was still about the run game.
Still you think the Giants would’ve traded Taylor at the time after year 2? The talent is on par.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
They can use the 5th year option on his contract.

Then tag for two more.

But then, he will be worn out. 8((

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Good post. My view is not yet. Micah is an elite athlete no doubt. He can be a HOF player. My concerns are he has washed out a bit late in both seasons and he comes across as a bit immature. That stuff needs to change. I think it will.
I sense his Cowboys fame is starting to get to his head especially from his social networking presence.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As fans, I see failure in support on excuses that are thrown at the drop of a hat.

These guys give their all, on a personal basis as well as strongly in physical skills and team play. Many, such as Parsons, are great role models for us fans as well as our children. Next to nothing is demanded from us as fans, and they continue to endlessly sacrifice with great dignity.

I tell you guys, it kind of pisses me off to hear constantly a lack of integrity or respect for giving us a game to cherish.

It really isn't cool to always rush to trash a player's image and then attempt to douse another fan's sacrifices as well. Sorry...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still you think the Giants would’ve traded Taylor at the time after year 2? The talent is on par.
No but they were also a heavy D team, they would have traded Simms before Taylor.

And teams were not trading back then, FA hadn't shown up yet.

Flamma

Reaction score
They can use the 5th year option on his contract.

Then tag for two more.

But then, he will be worn out. 8((
He's going to play on the 5th year option whether he gets an extension or not. Any extension he may get after this upcoming season won't start until 2026.

However, if you just pay him the 5th year option as is, then tag him twice, they'd be paying more against the cap than if they just extended him 4 years. It's not a cheaper short term option.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know I'll get bashed, I know it's not time, but we have to get our thoughts ready for this record breaking deal. In his first season, he blew the league by surprise because obviously no one knew what he could do as a rookie.

2nd season, I think we as fans are still living in the bubble of his first season. With these players, we need to go case by case, season by season. Every year there seems to be a new dominant player, or a team that comes out of nowhere to surprise everyone.

I said that to say, let's take Micah since he's the topic of this post, on a season by season basis. Year one was dynamic, year two, he was good, but often burned out! I've never seen a second year player burned out like that......

Contractually and I REALLY don't care what he gets, it's neither my money or yours. I just think we're basing his every move off of year one. I'd like to see him be that dominant force in the league, to me there's a few guys ahead of him.

He said weeks ago that he wants to affect the game and he isn't worried about sack totals. Believe it or not, I almost cried hearing that!!! It's not just about sack numbers, but what else you can do, to have that ultimate impact on the game.

So let's see what he does this year by taking over games and doing what he needs not worrying about numbers!! Once again I will get bashed and I accept it!!! Please give your thoughts!!
Sorry bud gotta bash you. It's absolutely time to start planning to extend this cat. Extend him early to save more $ later and this is the type of guy you do that with.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is one fact that makes this thread just an exercise.

Booger was the first owner to state the NFL is about entertainment and he has followed that plan all along. He is all about finding stars because the stars get more coverage. He has actually established his QB as the 2nd biggest star in the league while he is not that in talent ranking, Burrow might get some love with his glasses and cigars but that pales by comparison to what Prescott gets. Prescott in a slump gets more than Brady and Rodgers combined duking it out for MVP.

He will not let this star go and Parsons and his agent know it. The only player on defense Booger has ever had that gets this much coverage was Deion Sanders, Haley and Ware did not come close to this.

He is PT Booger personified and no way he lets a cooperative player like Parsons walk. He assists Booger in his own promotion with comments on social media. Micah Parsons gets it every bit as much as Booger does about what the NFL is all about.

I believe the NFL has shifted to the individual player's role from the team perspective aided by the continued growth of fantasy football, all about the player. Parsons knows he is not going to get more exposure with any other team, he is becoming the self-promoter than Sanders was.

His agent will play same hardball but what works in their favor is Booger wants him to be the highest paid D player in history, it fits the plan and this plan has been the most successful one in the NFL, it is why he leads in revenue, profit and value.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May I interject something here about this thread and some others like it? Thank you.

This time of year, there is very little to discuss so "what if" threads serve as discussion starters mainly to give us something to talk about besides the QB.

If you check the Rules page, you will not see one requiring you participate in any thread, you can just ignore it.

The complaints about the origination of the thread make posters look like "I am gonna take my ball and go home" children. All of these threads will not be ones you want to participate in and there is no limit to the number of threads we can have going at any given time.

You do not have to feel the need to criticize the thread, if posters do not want to participate in it, it will slowly sink into the pages. I know, I've got more than my share of them in Davey Jones' locker. And some went down like the Titanic.

To call someone's thread dumb or stupid is an insult to them so please do not do that.

At the same time, I realize some posters have a limited amount of time they can spend here and may view these threads as time wasters. So, why spend any of your time sharing your opinion of the thread?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
May I interject something here about this thread and some others like it? Thank you.

This time of year, there is very little to discuss so "what if" threads serve as discussion starters mainly to give us something to talk about besides the QB.

If you check the Rules page, you will not see one requiring you participate in any thread, you can just ignore it.

The complaints about the origination of the thread make posters look like "I am gonna take my ball and go home" children. All of these threads will not be ones you want to participate in and there is no limit to the number of threads we can have going at any given time.

You do not have to feel the need to criticize the thread, if posters do not want to participate in it, it will slowly sink into the pages. I know, I've got more than my share of them in Davey Jones' locker. And some went down like the Titanic.

To call someone's thread dumb or stupid is an insult to them so please do not do that.

At the same time, I realize some posters have a limited amount of time they can spend here and may view these threads as time wasters. So, why spend any of your time sharing your opinion of the thread?
Probably the same reason you are posting this opinion on their opinions.

For me there is a pattern of behavior around here that I see round places like 4chan with the fecesposting.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Indianapolis Colts v Dallas Cowboys

Indianapolis Colts v Dallas Cowboys / Cooper Neill/GettyImages

This say anything?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Parsons is a cornerstone player and I usually don't say that about pass rushers. Hopefully we've added enough pieces around him and Dak to finally do something in the play-offs we haven't done in almost 30 years.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Look at how the defense performed before he showed up vs now. He's the catalyst that makes this defense hum, and letting him walk would instantly send them back to mediocrity. Of course, let him play out the next season or two on his rookie contract, but if the defense continues to dominate, you have to keep him no matter what.
I think people the number of games where the defense laid down like a bunch of dogs and then it immediately changed once he got here

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Indianapolis Colts v Dallas Cowboys

Indianapolis Colts v Dallas Cowboys / Cooper Neill/GettyImages

This say anything?
I love how chill and even keel Gilmore is. He reminds me of Kawhi Leonard in his cadence and manner of speak. He is just more socially fluent and not awkward like Leonard. Similar chill though.

Big_D

Reaction score
No but they were also a heavy D team, they would have traded Simms before Taylor.

And teams were not trading back then, FA hadn't shown up yet.

True but it's tough to judge and compare a career when one player is only 2 years in and the other is already in the hall of fame. The trajectory is there for Parsons and it would be like trading away one of the greats from the 70s or 90s before they started winning anything. This is the one player who desires a championship. A mindset that we haven't had for the longest time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We should be the first franchise to never pay a second contract, with some here i see a pattern... Do not pay a second contract and seriously we dont need WR's we need 6 RB's and should never throw the ball (funny with that kinda offense your probably gonna miss #11)

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
going to be tough moving forward. He's a very good player. Not great yet.

To be honest, I dont think he's in Donald's zone yet. But with time will see.

There's games where he's been almost non existent. Probably wore out, as it looks that way towards late in game.

He's going to command LOTS OF CASH>>>> when the time comes. Will be a tuffy.
When I see stuff like this it really makes me question a posters football IQ. Micah is a top 3 defensive player in the league. If Micah is not great then there are no great defensive players. There is not a single defender in the league who is going to get sacks every single game, it just doesn’t work that way.