Is no news good or bad regarding Rolando McClain?

RamziD

Reaction score
Haven't heard much about our efforts to re-sign him in the last couple of days nor has there been info on other interested teams. I think RoMc is a must sign so that we don't have to look for a starting LB in the first 3 rounds.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
All I can come up with is they're worried about the house burning down incident.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Uh.. in all honesty, I don't think anyone knows what the hell Dallas is doing. You'd think they'd try to sure up the defensive side, but nothing.

I will admit, even in my positivity and my fondness for how they have done things in recent years, I am utterly at a loss right now.

I would have expected after losing Murray, they would have gone all-in for Hardy.

It's like a week of Christmas Eve right now...

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Honestly have no idea, I think Fish mentioned we touched base with his agent but who really knows at this point.

Aven8

Reaction score
If he signs with another team for another prove it deal I might snap! If it's for and NFC East team I might go to VR and burn it down!

I get this patience in the draft deal, let it come to you deal, but not in FA. I'm not talking about Tier 1 FA, I'm talking about the cheap ones that we are now getting accustomed to.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I know he has his issues, but a 1-2 year deal could be in the best interest for both sides.

Unfortunately hope will have to be part of the strategy if they resign Rolando.

Hope that he doesn't continue to get concussed as he did once, possibly twice in his last two games

Hope that he had absolutely nothing to do with the suspected arson of his home.

Hope that whatever substance that earned him his 4 game fine for his 3rd substance abuse offense doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

Hope the guy who was slowed down by various nagging injuries is a better player next season after a full training camp.

Hope the guy who has had runs in with the law and once lied to a police officer about his name doesn't run afoul of the law again

Hope the guy who quit on the Raiders doesn't quit on the Cowboys.

Last edited:

RamziD

Reaction score

Hope that he doesn't continue to get concussed as he did once, possibly twice in his last two games

Hope that whatever substance that earned him his 4 game fine for his 3 substance abuse offense doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

Hope the guy who was slowed down by various nagging injuries is a better player next season after a full training camp.

Hope the guy who has had runs in with the law and once lied to a police office about his name doesn't run afoul of the law again

Hence a low-year, lower-risk deal.

Biggred

Reaction score
Would feel a lot better about the linebackers if McClain was back. Hitchens, Lee and McClain is fine. Just draft or sign another decent guy to go with them.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He ain't going anywhere.......everyone but us is afraid to sign this guy and now he knows he doesn't even need to practice to play, or more importantly get paid

dogberry

Reaction score
Ro ought to get $10 an hour for the games he working without pay. That surely is some kind of labor law violation.

Do the four games count toward his retirement?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Haven't heard much about our efforts to re-sign him in the last couple of days nor has there been info on other interested teams. I think RoMc is a must sign so that we don't have to look for a starting LB in the first 3 rounds.

Fisher said Dallas has touched base with his agent. I don't think they are in a hurry to do anything there

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Hope that whatever substance that earned him his 4 game fine for his 3rd substance abuse offense doesn't rear it's ugly head again.

Hope the guy who has had runs in with the law and once lied to a police officer about his name doesn't run afoul of the law again

He's actually a player I'm wavering on wanting back. I just don't think he mentally wants to play any more.

Knotamus

Reaction score
I agree. I'd like to have him back bc he made game changing/altering tackles..and for a stretch was the heartbeat of the defense. As pointed out many times tho...he's still has a lot to prove on and off the field. I'd be willing to give him a raise from $700k to a 2-3 year deal for ab 5 mil w/ incentives.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score

great question..we need ro, hitch and lee wreaking havoc next year.