Is no news good or bad regarding Rolando McClain?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if they worry about his commitment to the game and/or his mental/emotional status.

There are times when he is a difference maker and tone setter out there. Other times I get the feeling he would rather be on the sidelines with a minor injury.

tm1119

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Ro' is sitting in the middle of nowhere Alabama not answering his phone right now. Doubt he's even thinking about football

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Their defense looks much better than ours.
I'm unaware of Defense being the only determining factor in football.

They lost 3/4ths of their starting DBs. They got a LB who spent all of last yea ron IR and it isn't the first long term injury for him. Outside of Fletcher Cox there is no one on that Defense I would love to have.

They are trading their best OL guy. One of their best already left. There is no one to throw the football to worth a flip, but that is fine because they don't have a QB anyway. Foles was way better than Bradford. I like Murray, but have never thought he was a better weapon than McCoy.

I not only do not fear them like I did last year, I am amused by all of this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He's about the same quality as Foles.
Is he really? I dispute that. I offer this as my evidence.

Sam Bradford...49 NFL starts.
Nick Foles...24 NFL starts. Less than half.

Bradford...59 TDs.
Foles...46 TDs. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 100.

Bradford...18 wins.
Foles...15. I have a feeling he will top 3 wins in the next 25 games.

Bradford...$12,985,000 cap hit in 2015.
Foles...$1,542,000 cap hit in 2015. $11,443,000 savings.

Bradford...Comes with a 2015 5th round pick attached.
Foles...Comes with a 2015 4th round pick and a 2016 2nd round pick attached.

Forgive me if I fail to see why that Eagles loving fool is happy, excited, or thinks his team is better because we lost a RB.

Bradford...38 INTs.
Foles...17 INTs. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 34.

Bradford...11,065 yards.
Foles...6753 yards. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 13,787.

What have you got that backs your claim up?

davey999

Reaction score
Is he really? I dispute that. I offer this as my evidence.

Sam Bradford...49 NFL starts.
Nick Foles...24 NFL starts. Less than half.

Bradford...59 TDs.
Foles...46 TDs. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 100.

Bradford...18 wins.
Foles...15. I have a feeling he will top 3 wins in the next 25 games.

Bradford...$12,985,000 cap hit in 2015.
Foles...$1,542,000 cap hit in 2015. $11,443,000 savings.

Bradford...Comes with a 2015 5th round pick attached.
Foles...Comes with a 2015 4th round pick and a 2016 2nd round pick attached.

Forgive me if I fail to see why that Eagles loving fool is happy, excited, or thinks his team is better because we lost a RB.

Bradford...38 INTs.
Foles...17 INTs. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 34.

Bradford...11,065 yards.
Foles...6753 yards. At this current pace if they played the same number of games Foles would have 13,787.

What have you got that backs your claim up?

Who had a better team, Foles or Bradford? Compare the RB's Bradford had to those Foles did. How about WR's? How about TE's?
I'm not saying its a huge upgrade but Kelly isn't "ruining" his team by going with Bradford.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Who had a better team, Foles or Bradford? Compare the RB's Bradford had to those Foles did. How about WR's? How about TE's?
I'm not saying its a huge upgrade but Kelly isn't "ruining" his team by going with Bradford.
Who does Bradford have to throw to now? Why is that again?

Reaction score
I wonder if they worry about his commitment to the game and/or his mental/emotional status.

There are times when he is a difference maker and tone setter out there. Other times I get the feeling he would rather be on the sidelines with a minor injury.

I'm no doctor, but McClain seems to show signs of being bipolar. I wonder if anybody has ever looked for that about him.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Jerry and Co. are playing it with just the right measure aplomb. They are letting the flighty teams overpay for the shiny items and will step in after the feeding frenzy subsides - snapping up values at positions of need.

On a percentage basis - how many FA players have the Cowboys signed to big contracts and actually had them LIVE UP TO those big contracts? If they're available in FA - that tells you most of what you need to know about the player.

I couldn't be happier with the way they are approaching FA so far.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He has the best running back and o line he's ever played with. PHI TE's are ok. You basically made my point.
Watch the Rams improve and the Eagles collapse and get back to me on your "point."

Gameover

Reaction score
Philly goes mad scientist and we go missing in action.

what have they done? unless that LB from Buffalo is Pat Willis, nothing.

They've replaced Shady with Murray. Even if Murray is better, it doesn't make the Eagles appreciably better. In the end, it'll be much ado about nothing. Like Parcells time in Dallas. They replaced one good back with another good back. So?

We're still better than they are where it counts!

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm unaware of Defense being the only determining factor in football.

They lost 3/4ths of their starting DBs. They got a LB who spent all of last yea ron IR and it isn't the first long term injury for him. Outside of Fletcher Cox there is no one on that Defense I would love to have.

They are trading their best OL guy. One of their best already left. There is no one to throw the football to worth a flip, but that is fine because they don't have a QB anyway. Foles was way better than Bradford. I like Murray, but have never thought he was a better weapon than McCoy.

I not only do not fear them like I did last year, I am amused by all of this.

thank you

endersdragon

Reaction score
He has the best running back and o line he's ever played with. PHI TE's are ok. You basically made my point.

Bradford did have a guy named Steven Jackson in St. Louis. You can say that Jackson is no Murray, but honestly, while they are different types of backs Jackson did have 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons, and had over 3,400 combined rushing yards in Bradford's first 3 seasons. They are honestly pretty comparable considering Jackson NEVER had a decent QB standing along side him to take the pressure off of him. Every team knew they were going to run it every down. To say that Murray is that much better than Jackson seems a bit silly considering Murray has only really had 1 elite year and we all know what happens after 400 carries.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Do you actually like what they ahve done?

I think they ruined a good football team, even with acquiring Murray.

Hard to say right now. But on the surface imo it looks like a barn fire. I'll wait and see what they do in the draft before I discount Chip Kelly.