Is Parsons Better Than Ware?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons is a rookie tap the brakes! DWare is going to be in the Hall of Fame. Parsons is off to a great start let’s allow his career to play out a little before asking if he’s better than a Hall of Fame player. As good a game as Parsons had last week our defense still looked like crap. Parsons wasn’t perfect he missed a sure sack on Carr. He didn’t completely wrap him up and he got away.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Slow your role, he is a great talent so far. And will be the first jersey I get since I still have Ware's.
But.
Let's see how he plays next year, and the year after. Will he start to buy all his press. As he will likely be DROY. Now if he continues on this trajectory for a few years, sure, but now ?
No

Loso86

Reaction score
What say you?

Obviously Parsons is more versatile. If they are even as pass rushers I’d say that makes Parsons better. He’s leading the league in TFL’s.
You should probably ask that question in about 10 years or so

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Through 11 games of their respective careers, yes he is. Still a long way to go but Micah is off to a great start.

JayFord

Reaction score
Hes a rookie and DWare is a hall of famer

Parsons has to do this for YEARS

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I’d say yes cause the options you can use him in, are many. Ware was a master and beast, but one dimensional. Parsons can put into any situation and thrive. The most amazing part is he won’t even peek for another 2 to 3 years yet.

terra

Reaction score
I’d say yes cause the options you can use him in, are many. Ware was a master and beast, but one dimensional. Parsons can put into any situation and thrive. The most amazing part is he won’t even peek for another 2 to 3 years yet.
The amazing thing is how many people there think they know something about football and really don't. To even ask this question after less than one season is beyond MORONIC.

Here is just one example:

Just how many were saying RG3 was going to the hall of fame after his first season.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whenever you ask if a young player is better than an old or retired player you always get the simpleton response of he can't be yet, look what the other guy accomplished!

What the older player accomplished doesn't answer the question of who is better. That just tells you who is older. Emmitt Smith was a top 10 RB of all time long before he got into the top 10 in yards overall. He didn't suddenly become that caliber of back once he accumulated those stats. He was that player all along. Even though his career numbers earlier in his career paled in comparison to many who have played the game.

Accomplishment doesn't create ability, it showcases it.

So if your natural inclination when the young to old comparisons is made is to burp out all that the older player has accomplished it's a very lazy and incorrect way of evaluating it.

Who is better? Not who has played in the league longer.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
What say you?

Obviously Parsons is more versatile. If they are even as pass rushers I’d say that makes Parsons better. He’s leading the league in TFL’s.
No. Ware lead the league in sacks more than once. He had 19 plus sacks twice.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Tough call given that we're discussing a HOF'er in Ware vs a rookie phenom. I will say Parson's is undoubtedly the better pure athlete. He also seems more "impactful" if we're splitting hairs. Parson's just "appears" to be more disruptive consistently in key situations. His presence seems to impact/lift his teammates in a different way.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Yes! I loved Ware’s sacks. I loved the notoriety he brought us, but ……
  • He was about speed and quickness; I'm sure he holds the Cowboys record for offsides penalties
  • I hated watching him sprint 5 yards behind and past the QB when blocked a little….allowed QBs to break the pocket to his side frequently, wasn’t there for screens, and almost never in the passing lane to bat passes
  • He was not strong vs the run because of those wide sprints
To me, Parsons is much more of an all around baller. He doesn’t just want sacks. He wants tackles, interceptions, to stone RBs. He want to dominate every play, and he has the strength and speed to do it.
I think you're confusing ware with Robert quinn

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
The amazing thing is how many people there think they know something about football and really don't. To even ask this question after less than one season is beyond MORONIC.

Here is just one example:

Just how many were saying RG3 was going to the hall of fame after his first season.
It’s a NOW question dude! Not a career one. Sure there’s a hypothetical aspect to the question but it’s a legitimate question, in that, “if he continues to play” OR, the game he played in the last week, the last month. Etc.
He possesses skills at a skill level capable of making him an elite player. My assessment was on the fact that he is more versatile than Ware. Which he is.

ccb04

Reaction score
As a rookie? Perhaps. For a career? We'll see. Ware is a Super Bowl champion and HOF'er.
I definitely hope the young buck accomplishes both those same things, and retires as a Cowboy & our version of LT.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What say you?

Yes, he is better. Better overall defensive player, better leader, angry type defensive stud every defense needs. Makes big plays in timely fashion. Ware was sort of a quiet sack artist that quietly got his numbers. Nothing spectacular or timely you would just look up and at the end of the year he was one of the sack leaders.

kevm3

Reaction score
Parsons isn't playing 'good for a rookie.' He's playing like a DPOY period. Is he better than a prime Ware right now? Probably not... but he's on trajectory to be one of the greatest the game has seen if he keeps playing like this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ware never won us a SB, so he's as good as Romo and Dak......Parsons will even off once he's able to play a true position.....he's pretty damn good, though

Yes he did there sport. Won one with the Broncos.