Is Parsons Better Than Ware?

ultron

Reaction score
Micah parsons is the next Lawrence Taylor, so yes - I predict he’ll have a larger impact on this team than Demarcus Ware did. Parsons closing speed and ability to tackle are second to none, and he’s only been in the league for about 6 months or so.

quickccc

Reaction score
Parsons and the scheme he is being designed in, offers more versatility than Dware, because he is being used initially as aa middle LB, who can flex out as a an blitizing edge rusher
and Quinn is doing a remarkable job of moving him around as a rusher - on the edge or coming up the gut vs a RB
That's makes him tougher to designate chip or double team blocks towards,

Parson has also been remarkably durable for a rookie and i have not sensed a rookie wall hit as i have with fellow rookies Osa and Gholston
and scary is hes gonna get even stronger (with strengthen program) than what he is .. it's just a matter of what the Cowboys DC can imagine for him

terra

Reaction score
Yes, he is better. Better overall defensive player, better leader, angry type defensive stud every defense needs. Makes big plays in timely fashion. Ware was sort of a quiet sack artist that quietly got his numbers. Nothing spectacular or timely you would just look up and at the end of the year he was one of the sack leaders.
If I had any doubt that Parsons is over rated you just ended them since you are always wrong.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I would say not yet…let’s see Parson do it for a decade…or let’s see how he performs once he gets paid. Yes, I’m skeptical. It seems once these current Cowboys get paid they disappear. I feel Parsons is different, I hope Parsons is different…because it appears Parson has HOF type potential. But we need to remove the bad influences like dlaw and Elliot.

morasp

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about Ware echoes something Jerry said. He has a little Charles Haley in him, in a good way, in that he seems to make plays at points in the game when you need them. Ware didn't always do that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You would have to wait until Parsons plays an entire season to attempt a comparison, at the very least.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
His rookie season is more impactful than Ware's rookie season. About the only conclusion we can draw here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
not quite yet but MP is more versatile which makes him more valuable..so long term he might be better overall player..

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parsons is better and will only get betterer.

kevm3

Reaction score
What's amazing is he's doing it playing multiple roles. he's not just a pass rusher. He's a linebacker as well

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes! I loved Ware’s sacks. I loved the notoriety he brought us, but ……
  • He was about speed and quickness; I'm sure he holds the Cowboys record for offsides penalties
  • I hated watching him sprint 5 yards behind and past the QB when blocked a little….allowed QBs to break the pocket to his side frequently, wasn’t there for screens, and almost never in the passing lane to bat passes
  • He was not strong vs the run because of those wide sprints
To me, Parsons is much more of an all around baller. He doesn’t just want sacks. He wants tackles, interceptions, to stone RBs. He want to dominate every play, and he has the strength and speed to do it.

You do realize that you are saying this a few days after Parsons got called for offsides twice, right?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

In your faces.

It's really quite amazing that teams weren't looking at him purely as a pass rusher. The expectation was that he would pass rush would be part of what he offered, but strictly in that role, he's been better than most pure pass rushers taken in the first round ... any year ... in a part-time pass rushing role.

nobody

Reaction score
Ware was so fast off of the snap that he got a lot of unfair penalties for off-sides. Slow motion viewing of a lot of those plays shows the ball just start to move and then he moves but he'd still get flagged.

That being said, I like Parsons' potential to be better.