Is Pollard the best RB in the league?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Pollard is clearly the most explosive. But he’s a completely different kind of back than a guy like Henry or Dalvin Cook. Pollard is probably closer to a guy like Christian McCaffrey in his prime IMO.

Was thinking the same thing as I scrolled through the responses to see yours. He's McCaffrey without the extreme short range shiftiness but with better breakaway speed.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
He's top ten for sure but still needs another back (or two) to stable with. Elliott is a good one to have but honestly two other pretty good backs would be fine to have along with him.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It's not a steal for management when it takes until the guy's 4th year to finally use him how you should have all along. We're actually at risk of only getting 1 good year out of him.
Agree should of used him more, but have been getting production pennies on the dollar

RonnieT24

Reaction score
my opinion differs from some but I have never considered zeke special. I have considered our OL special and many a back could have put up the numbers he did. thats just me though

The offensive line didn't take those screen passes 80 yards to the house back in 2016-2018. And I agree that a lot of backs could have put up good RUSHING numbers behind the Cowboys line.. because frankly there is more than one good running back in the world. This isn't a newflash. What made Zeke special was his prowess as an all around football player. He blocked and ran inside like a fullback.. ran outside like a scat back.. took swing passes and screens to the house caught passes downfield like a receiver and generally gave you everything you could want in a running back. There have NOT been a lot of those.. Emmitt, Sweetness, Faulk.. it's a really short list of backs who brought EVERYTHING to the table that Zeke did including a very high football IQ. And the Cowboys wasted it... which is a damn shame.

kskboys

Reaction score
by that time he had a lot more touches then Pollard has so far, right?

Pollard fan boys really make me laugh
Right? One guy said he was very good and got insulted for it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If not he's a min top 3.....No way he's leaving

BTW side note...The Titans and Giants are wearing the hell out of Henry and Barkley. Giants and Barkley have DeMarco Murray written all over it.

Holy cow, Henry has 230 carries..thats crazy..I dont see TP as the best but hes moved himself into top 5 talk or debate. its still more impressive to see Chubb or henry type Zeke early on first 3-4 seasons just be able to carry it all game and still be able to be factor back..

TPs situation is little like TD33 where Landry purposely had him on a snap count early top keep him fresh, healthy, and explosive all game. I believe TP would lose something similar to Kamra, McAffrey, and others like them that if you overuse them, pound them to much they will lose their explosiveness.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I thought McCaffrey was actually the best running back in the league for a lot of reasons. I still think Eli it’s up there. He brings a lot to the table. But as far as being dynamic yes, probably Pollard

Ezekiel 2.8 ypc Elliott is nowhere near top 20 rb in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not a steal for management when it takes until the guy's 4th year to finally use him how you should have all along. We're actually at risk of only getting 1 good year out of him.
12-5 last year featuring a one leg zeke. Lol

Pollard got like 4 touches on the niners playoff loss.

They feature pollard last year and we probably goto the SB.