Is Pollard the best RB in the league?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where are you getting that figure from?
The season stats I saw are 3.9ypc and his career average is higher than that, were they incorrect?
they want to list Zekes last game output wearing a brace with massive bruise down from his knee to lower shin. yet the leave out pollard had 2 games under 2 YPC, Zekes had few over 5 one over 6..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
my opinion differs from some but I have never considered zeke special. I have considered our OL special and many a back could have put up the numbers he did. thats just me though

You understand football obviously.

Londonboy

Reaction score
they want to list Zekes last game output wearing a brace with massive bruise down from his knee to lower shin. yet the leave out pollard had 2 games under 2 YPC, Zekes had few over 5 one over 6..
His last game, got it.

So, at times during His peak years, He was Emmitt 1.9ypc Smith.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Where would you rank Pollard in this group..
Henry
Ekeler
Chubb
Jacobs
McCaffrey
Barkley
Mixon
A Jones
J Williams
Cook

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I could if i wanted too. But i'll stick to rooting for my team even if they aren't the best.
I can’t help it but that guy is getting so annoying. He’s such a hypocrite. He does something it’s OK but someone else does the same thing
All of a sudden, it’s an issue.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can’t help it but that guy is getting so annoying. He’s such a hypocrite. He does something it’s OK but someone else does the same thing
All of a sudden, it’s an issue.

People mostly likes his post cause he re-posts twitter content not for most of what he says outside of that. Now i try not liking such posts unless the Op actually provides something useful or entertaining along with the re-post.

starfan1

Reaction score
The offensive line didn't take those screen passes 80 yards to the house back in 2016-2018. And I agree that a lot of backs could have put up good RUSHING numbers behind the Cowboys line.. because frankly there is more than one good running back in the world. This isn't a newflash. What made Zeke special was his prowess as an all around football player. He blocked and ran inside like a fullback.. ran outside like a scat back.. took swing passes and screens to the house caught passes downfield like a receiver and generally gave you everything you could want in a running back. There have NOT been a lot of those.. Emmitt, Sweetness, Faulk.. it's a really short list of backs who brought EVERYTHING to the table that Zeke did including a very high football IQ. And the Cowboys wasted it... which is a damn shame.

16 and 18 were special years hopefully 22 will be. Yes the cowboys have wasted his talents much like they have wasted alot of talent. How talented he was or is we are just gonna have to disagree on. Hes not chopped liver thats for sure.Im just not putting him the category you are and thats ok.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He has been the best utility player in the league this year in my opinion

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
my opinion differs from some but I have never considered zeke special. I have considered our OL special and many a back could have put up the numbers he did. thats just me though
Me either but I think TP is on another level and have for quite a while. I felt the same about Tony D coming out of Pitt and he was special.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The Cowboys had a special with young Zeke but wasted him. I'm not sure I would trust them not to waste the next one as long as Kellen Moore is callin the shots.
Ronnie, I here you. Hopefully running till it gets stopped completely is a mantra around here. It seems to be working and TP needs to eat.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Where are you getting that figure from?
The season stats I saw are 3.9ypc and his career average is higher than that, were they incorrect?

Nah the evaluation goes game by game week by week. When Zeke's game average is higher they will lean on career or the season. When it's lower they will harp on the game.. Come on mate.. learn the rules..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People mostly likes his post cause he re-posts twitter content not for most of what he says outside of that. Now i try not liking such posts unless the Op actually provides something useful or entertaining along with the re-post.
Open that he just speaks garbage.

T-RO

Reaction score
This stat reflects Pollard's entire career, and gives us a large sample size of 400 carries.

IN NFL HISTORY - Highest average (400 minimum carries)
FiF4fD0XEAIRTmv

Zeke has averaged 4.4. Not in top 200.

Last edited:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
No.

he might be the most versatile behind maybe Christian McCaffrey. I think he’s a faster Aaron Jones

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope we keep him for the right money. He is definitely one of the best. I question our coaching staff for limiting his opportunities until the middle of year 4.

I mean Zeke was hurt last year and was still fed the ball. A few weeks ago JJ was bloviating about how Zeke is the key. SMH
Yes...we should have beat the ship out him hard like we did zeke. We'd certainly have just as fresh a Tony as we do now.

And probably complain about not living up to the contract.