Is RB a bigger need than we think?

Croomraider

Reaction score
Harris will a great NFL RB. Hard to argue about taking someone who will be great.
Maybe second round if Harris falls, I'd be happy to see the pick.
However, if we really want to get better at the RB position we should consider OLine at 10.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Can we totally rule out drafting a high profile rb if its a huge value? What if Javonte Williams is there at 75? What about Harris at 44? I think the temptation for Jerry to pull the trigger will be huge. Harris is beast mode. Williams is like Clinton Portis.
This RB class is not too bad from Rds 2-5
I really cant imagine us using 44 on any RB...even Etienne or Harris.
well, I guess maybe if we traded down to the 20s in Rd and added a second 2nd rounder...
It starts getting interesting in RD 3 and especially beyond if good value is there

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Give me Michael Carter RB UNC........and I would bet Zeke is out of Dallas by 2022....because people will finally see Zeke has no speed...and doesn't run hard. Dude literally mailed it in 15 games last year. The one game he did show up....just ticked me off. Where was that guy all year?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Yea, I don't think he'll be that 2016 guy ever again. At worst though I think he can be that good back that can wear down defenses but won't ever live up to his paycheck. And then when his prorated bonuses drop a lot, I think SJ cuts him
*I would really like to see a few offensive plays w/ a genuine fullback lined up in front of the #22,,er,,,#21 I meant*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind a fullback like Ben Mason or a big bodied RB to sit behind Zeke taken in the 5th-7th but until the contract situation is more flexible, Zeke is our guy.

I would probably earmark 3 out of the last 4 picks as offensive with 6 out of the first 7 offensive.
*This*

king987

Reaction score
Whenever I mess with the simulators, I usually do end up drafting an RB in the 5-7 rounds. Someone built enough that could touch the ball 10-15 times if called upon.

There has been virtually nothing behind Zeke and Pollard for awhile now, and the team has been lucky to get by with it.

Again, nothing special. Just a #3 who could maybe be a #2 someday. Someone who could come in and break a 10 yard play (run or screen) and then head back to the sidelines.