Is Roy here next year?

juck

Reaction score
Does anyone think he could be a candidate for a trade?Especially for a defense that runs a 4-3.Its quite obvious to everyone he hasnt handled the 3-4 scheme very well.I am not bashing him here but i do have a funny feeling he is gone after this year.

The Panch

Reaction score
Im not sure. Jerry invested alot of money in him and Im sure he wants to make sure he doesnt trade him to another team's system that he'll flourish in.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yes, Roy Williams will be playing for the Cowboys next season.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Roy is here.

This is getting out of control. He is a baby and has very thin skin, but the only reason people want him gone, is because the times he screws up it gets magnified by 99x by everyone around here.

It's kind of like what ESPN did with TO last year. Every little thing they scrutinized him for. Roy blows coverages, he takes bad angles. But so does every other SS in this league. He's not perfect. But he is an above average, good safety that helps this team, ALOT more than he hurts it. So lets stop acting like he is some rookie 7th rounder who can't play.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;1834019 said:
Im not sure. Jerry invested alot of money in him and Im sure he wants to make sure he doesnt trade him to another team's system that he'll flourish in.
unless jerry gets something pretty good in return......(gulp) mcfadden...ssshhhhhh

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Rampage;1834029 said:
unless jerry gets something pretty good in return......(gulp) mcfadden...ssshhhhhh

I can't see any possible scenario where Roy Williams will influence us getting Darren McFadden

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This thread makes more sense regarding the WR than the SS.

The Panch

Reaction score
Rampage;1834029 said:
There's not a team dumb enough to make such a foolish decision. Even if McFadden is unproven. Unlike Roy, he has a legitimate excuse, he's never taken a snap as a pro.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
I think it's comical that the same people who say Roy is a horrible SS and yet, he has such a value and he can be packaged to get McFadden. :laugh1:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Future;1834030 said:
I can't see any possible scenario where Roy Williams will influence us getting Darren McFadden
trade him and a few 1st rounder picks to miami. trade julius for a safety or a draft pick.

The Panch

Reaction score
I think it's comical people constantly try to defend Roy by comparing him to your average safety. Last time I checked, he wasnt paid to be your average safety. Funny how his progress went down soon afterwards.

Rampage;1834041 said:
trade him and a few 1st rounder picks to miami. trade julius for a safety or a draft pick.
Julius wont be ours to trade.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
No team is going to take on Roys contract and limitations.

Wade is utilizing him best of late - In on running packages and on bench more in obvious passing situations.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm already on record stating he will be cut.

Not sure of the exact cap ramifications, but I would imagine we can't afford to keep paying him. Probably would do it when we can spread the cap hit over 2 years...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;1834035 said:
If we got rid of him, Reality would have to shut the board down for inactivity.
I thought that too after Romo eliminated the epic QB wars, but the board seems to have thrived. Go figure.

As for Roy, from what I've read, the 3-4 doesn't really affect the DB responsibilites all that much. So whether he leaves or stays it won't be because he's not a good fit in this scheme. It'll be because they found a good replacement.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1834038 said:
I think it's comical that the same people who say Roy is a horrible SS and yet, he has such a value and he can be packaged to get McFadden. :laugh1:

:lmao:It's like the Eagles fans. They think McNabb is horrible, yet they talk about trading him for a first round pick. If anything, their talk drove his value down some more. :p:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Ken;1834069 said:
I'm already on record stating he will be cut.

Not sure of the exact cap ramifications, but I would imagine we can't afford to keep paying him. Probably would do it when we can spread the cap hit over 2 years...
It would cost $6.72 million to cut him and about $6 million to keep him. Yeah, you might want to take that one back.