Is Roy here next year?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1834026 said:
Roy is here.

This is getting out of control. He is a baby and has very thin skin, but the only reason people want him gone, is because the times he screws up it gets magnified by 99x by everyone around here.

It's kind of like what ESPN did with TO last year. Every little thing they scrutinized him for. Roy blows coverages, he takes bad angles. But so does every other SS in this league. He's not perfect. But he is an above average, good safety that helps this team, ALOT more than he hurts it. So lets stop acting like he is some rookie 7th rounder who can't play.
church!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CowboyMike;1834190 said:
It doesn't make a difference whether Roy is playing in a 3-4 or 4-3. Those numbers only deal with the front seven. Defensive line and Linebackers.

Wade and Bill both said it really has no impact on the secondary.

Roy doesn't handle his big fat new contract well. That's been the difference. I hate to rag on a Cowboy, but that's when things changed. He got his money and he's happy now.

He won't be traded, no team is going to give what we ask for, plus even if he is traded, I believe some of his cap hit still gets prorated into ours.

Nope. We're stuck with him. And he needs to get off his lazy *** and remember what a great player he used to be.

He's still a great player...he knows that! Me too!

Don't forget the other playes that helped be where the Boyz are at now!:cool:

:star:

Nexx

Reaction score
i would like to see a SS who wraps up, can play the ball and isnt lost in coverage. am i asking too much?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Nexx;1834285 said:
i would like to see a SS who wraps up, can play the ball and isnt lost in coverage. am i asking too much?
Yes

Welcome to the site.

Nexx

Reaction score
thank you sir, ive lurked for a while been a fan since 87.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Roy got an $11 million bonus last year. He ain't going anywhere. And his play has been pretty good this year. Not as well as his previous years have been but still good.

Wade will use Roy's talent. He will have a plan to maximize Roy. Bank on it.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1834190 said:
It doesn't make a difference whether Roy is playing in a 3-4 or 4-3. Those numbers only deal with the front seven. Defensive line and Linebackers.

Wade and Bill both said it really has no impact on the secondary.

Roy doesn't handle his big fat new contract well. That's been the difference. I hate to rag on a Cowboy, but that's when things changed. He got his money and he's happy now.

He won't be traded, no team is going to give what we ask for, plus even if he is traded, I believe some of his cap hit still gets prorated into ours.

Nope. We're stuck with him. And he needs to get off his lazy *** and remember what a great player he used to be.

That's what irritates me about Roy... is the belief that he is capable of so much more than he's delivered the last two seasons. IMO, he's cheating the Cowboys, you, and me - by his lack of committment and, most importantly, effort.

Yet he has the nerve to bear a grudge for those with the sense to call him out. Which just further chaps the seats of those with a clue.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
theogt;1834080 said:
It would cost $6.72 million to cut him and about $6 million to keep him. Yeah, you might want to take that one back.

Now I don't need to burst the balloon... I decided that just this once, I'd read the thread before pointing out the obvious, in the hopes that maybe AdamJT13 would have already dealt with the reality of the situation...

Guys, if you're gonna propose a trade, and wish to have any chance at all of coming up with something semi-realistic, you simply have to inform yourself as to the cap ramifications that go along with cutting or trading a player... Roy is pretty much untradeable right now, because of the cap hit the Boys would have to eat if they traded him...

silverbear

Reaction score
Muhast;1834104 said:
and then we can use all of those picks to trade for mcfadden, and dexter coakley!

That haul is barely sufficient value to get you the legend that is Coakley... your trade is unrealistic...

silverbear

Reaction score
Rampage;1834109 said:
hopefully roy returns to form next year. but if he doesn't, how long are we stuck with him for?

Forever... Jerry's gonna keep Roy around, just to p*ss you haters off... in fact, he's gonna go out and get ANOTHER Roy Williams, just to really stick it to y'all...

And God help you the next time there's a Roy Williams in the draft, Jerry will trade away every pick he has for the next three years to make that work... eventually, he will have a team made up of nothing but Roy Williams, and he'll visit you in the nuthouse just to laugh at you... he'll bring along the 5 Lombardi Trophies he's gonna win in a row with the Dallas RoyBoys (the team name will have been officially changed, as a result of overwhelming populr demand), to taunt you.... he'll bring along Tony Roy Romo-Williams (who will also have had his name legally changed) to carry all of 'em...

Hey, it could happen... :eek:

silverbear

Reaction score
bbgun;1834181 said:
Stop playing the "hate" card. Gracias.

I hate when you act like that...

I hate when you put words in "quotation marks"...

I hate when you speak Spanish... this is America, get with the program...

Other than that, excellent post... I truly enjoyed it...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1834523 said:
I hate when you act like that...

I hate when you put words in "quotation marks"...

I hate when you speak Spanish... this is America, get with the program...

Other than that, excellent post... I truly enjoyed it...

"Que?"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If Jerry is completely intent on getting McFadden, then a lot of people had better watch their back (trade wise)

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Let's trade him for three fat chicks and an undercover brother Favre.

http://img340.*************/img340/6523/picodaybrotherfavreky8.jpg