Is Roy here next year?

sacase

Reaction score
Roy's cap hit for the trade plus McFadden's cap hit means Roy will be here reguardless. For the people complaining about Roy, I wonder if they even watch other SS play. My guess....No.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
juckie;1834017 said:
Does anyone think he could be a candidate for a trade?Especially for a defense that runs a 4-3.Its quite obvious to everyone he hasnt handled the 3-4 scheme very well.I am not bashing him here but i do have a funny feeling he is gone after this year.

No, Roy is not going to be traded or cut.

Why?

$11 million reasons.

Roy is going to be on the team a minimuim of 3 more seasons before any trade and/or release would even be possible. It is like Spags said the other day, when you give a player a $11 million bonus it is a marriage (for better or worse).

Divorce, just like in real life, would be very costly. So please stop with all of the Roy threads, he isnt going anywhere even if he rides the bench every 3rd down for the next 3 seasons, everybody needs to just accept it and move on.;)

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1834516 said:
Forever... Jerry's gonna keep Roy around, just to p*ss you haters off... in fact, he's gonna go out and get ANOTHER Roy Williams, just to really stick it to y'all...

And God help you the next time there's a Roy Williams in the draft, Jerry will trade away every pick he has for the next three years to make that work... eventually, he will have a team made up of nothing but Roy Williams, and he'll visit you in the nuthouse just to laugh at you... he'll bring along the 5 Lombardi Trophies he's gonna win in a row with the Dallas RoyBoys (the team name will have been officially changed, as a result of overwhelming populr demand), to taunt you.... he'll bring along Tony Roy Romo-Williams (who will also have had his name legally changed) to carry all of 'em...

Hey, it could happen... :eek:
:lmao: well done

Reaction score
ENOUGH WITH THE ROY WILLIAMS THREADS... He's a Cowboy for a while, simply because of the salary he's owed.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Nexx;1834290 said:
thank you sir, ive lurked for a while been a fan since 87.

Uhm.... Wasn't Gopher the thing on the internet instead of web browsers? :p What year was Mosaic invented in? :p

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
bbgun;1834541 said:
Let's trade him for three fat chicks and an undercover brother Favre.

http://img340.*************/img340/6523/picodaybrotherfavreky8.jpg

That's rude to speak so about the Green Bay Cheerleaders!

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1834050 said:
No team is going to take on Roys contract and limitations.

Wade is utilizing him best of late - In on running packages and on bench more in obvious passing situations.

I agree. He suits our schemes well sometimes. It's best when he's out on obvious passing downs.

Also, he leads the team in tackles. Not to mention, our secondary as a whole is playing pretty well. Hamlin does a better job than people give him credit for. And so does this secondary. Wade Phillips' version of the 3-4 comes after you. Bill Parcells' version was more conservative. Therein lies the difference. More pressure is put on the secondary, because Wade's approach is to make plays, whereas Parcells was to avoid teams from making plays on us.

But Roy Williams is a good safety to have in there on about 80% of your plays. He's not our most impressive player. But he doesn't have to be when we're 12-1.

Let's not forget how long it took us to find Hamlin.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We're 19th out of 32 teams in Pass Defense, hardly the worst in the NFL. And we're are 8th out of 32 spots for Total Defense. People, we are a top ten defense.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;1834640 said:
I agree. He suits our schemes well sometimes. It's best when he's out on obvious passing downs.

Also, he leads the team in tackles. Not to mention, our secondary as a whole is playing pretty well. Hamlin does a better job than people give him credit for. And so does this secondary. Wade Phillips' version of the 3-4 comes after you. Bill Parcells' version was more conservative. Therein lies the difference. More pressure is put on the secondary, because Wade's approach is to make plays, whereas Parcells was to avoid teams from making plays on us.

But Roy Williams is a good safety to have in there on about 80% of your plays. He's not our most impressive player. But he doesn't have to be when we're 12-1.

Let's not forget how long it took us to find Hamlin.

very well said.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Nexx;1834655 said:
what are we ranked in points allowed?

8th for touchdowns allowed, 15th for pts allowed. I guess we tighten up at redzone and those field goals lower the numbers.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
kØwbØy;1834656 said:
very well said.

You know, Terrance Newman plays big part in our secondary as well. And he's probably the best corner back in the league, in my opinion. But we've got it done when he's been out of the game. I'm not sure if we'd have the same stability with Roy gone.

He's not as replaceable as people sometimes imply. He's rather unique in importance to our strategies even. Both coaches have utilized him in different ways.

I think Wade is having better results. Our record speaks for itself.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:D The thing here is people talk about getting rid of him. but they don't get into how we are going to replace him. You use a low pick on a safety and you are bound to get one worst than Roy. Most people just say 2 1st rounds + Roy for McFadden, without going into detail about which draft pick we going to use for a safety, or what trade to whom we gonna make. If we trade, we'll lose something of equal value.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1834678 said:
:D The thing here is people talk about getting rid of him. but they don't get into how we are going to replace him. You use a low pick on a safety and you are bound to get one worst than Roy. Most people just say 2 1st rounds + Roy for McFadden, without going into detail about which draft pick we going to use for a safety, or what trade to whom we gonna make. If we trade, we'll lose something of equal value.

To even be having this debate is dumb.

His contract makes a trade impossible for several years unless you like "dead money" eating your cap.

Next topic please.:rolleyes:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1834026 said:
Roy is here.

This is getting out of control. He is a baby and has very thin skin, but the only reason people want him gone, is because the times he screws up it gets magnified by 99x by everyone around here.

It's kind of like what ESPN did with TO last year. Every little thing they scrutinized him for. Roy blows coverages, he takes bad angles. But so does every other SS in this league. He's not perfect. But he is an above average, good safety that helps this team, ALOT more than he hurts it. So lets stop acting like he is some rookie 7th rounder who can't play.
Giving up big plays and scores should be magnified 99x. He's part of the defense. He USED to make guys fear the middle of the field, now teams exploit it. He's just not the same. It's either an injury of some kind, or he is just not right for the system and the system is exposing something in him that was easily covered by a different scheme

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
EPL0c0;1834824 said:
Giving up big plays and scores should be magnified 99x. He's part of the defense. He USED to make guys fear the middle of the field, now teams exploit it. He's just not the same. It's either and injury of some kind, or he is just not right for the system and the system is exposing something in him that was easily covered by a different scheme
At the most Roy has given up 2 tds all season what are you guys talkin about? I would think the way you guys beat up Roy on a day to day basis he would have over 7 or 8 tds given up on him like Rodney Harrison but he doesn't. 2 TDs in 13 games by my starting Strong safety is pretty damn good in my book. Also can you name me any SS in the league that hasn't given up plays? I'll wait.

pompano

Reaction score
I say Roy redeems himself today from such a horrible game last week. Roy seems to always show up for the eagles games. Roy needs to stop reading the friggin papers and the blogs cos his psyche all messed up. Also, I'm afraid we are stuck with the guy due to salary cap issues. Tnew had a bad year and he bounced back. Maybe Roy will, too.