Is Sean Lee ROH worthy?

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
Yeah but chances are those players aren't in the Jerry era. What guys aren't in there from Jerry's era that should be?

Honestly I think Moose could go in that guy really opened up holes for Smith. I think Romo, Ware, and Witten will go in. After those 4 just don't really see anyone else in the Jerry era going in. I think Ware should go in this year or next for sure Jerry would want him in before the HOF. Can't remember what year he is first eligible is it 2021 or 2022.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Romo i'm not sure. The only reason i'm more confident in Ware, Witten and Dez is because they are highly regarded as the best player at there position. At least top 3 during their prime. Romo is a little more tricky. I try to compare guys to who are currently in there to see if I can find a comparison....Romo is the only guy that I can't find a comparison for but maybe Don Meredith? Did some of his post career stuff get him in the ROH?

I tend to think of Romo more like Danny White. I like them both. Both were really good but neither were quite great enough for ROH status.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Romo i'm not sure. The only reason i'm more confident in Ware, Witten and Dez is because they are highly regarded as the best player at there position. At least top 3 during their prime. Romo is a little more tricky. I try to compare guys to who are currently in there to see if I can find a comparison....Romo is the only guy that I can't find a comparison for but maybe Don Meredith? Did some of his post career stuff get him in the ROH?
With Meredith, possibly. He was working for NBC in 1976 when Tex Schramm inducted him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I tend to think of Romo more like Danny White. I like them both. Both were really good but neither were quite great enough for ROH status.
And that's sort of where i'm at. Based on how they've put guys in there in the past Romo wouldn't get in. Do they change their standard for Romo? Very possible.
With Meredith, possibly. He was working for NBC in 1976 when Tex Schramm inducted him.
Interesting......Meredith was also considered one of the first faces of the franchise too wasn't he since he was prior to Roger right?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If Sean Lee is worthy then you are gonna need to build another stadium to put all the guys in above him.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
And that's sort of where i'm at. Based on how they've put guys in there in the past Romo wouldn't get in. Do they change their standard for Romo? Very possible.

Interesting......Meredith was also considered one of the first faces of the franchise too wasn't he since he was prior to Roger right?
Yes, prior to Roger I'd say it was Dandy Don and Bob Lilly.

Meredith, unlike Romo, played in some of the greatest games of all time though, like the 1966 and 1967 NFL Championship games, both losses to the Packers.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Hell I don't think anyone in this Garrett era will be ROH bound.
I don't see many guys from that era getting in..
Only 2 I would say is Tyron Smith and Zack Martin

There both going to get 1st team all-decade when they announce the roster this summer and both will finish 7-8x NFL top 100. Both are most likely headed to Canton as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Jerry has already stated Ware, Romo, and Witten will be in the ROH. I don't think Lee or Dez will ever be in the ROH and they really aren't deserving.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like I Said above it depends on who you consider the Garrett era. Romo, Ware and Witten were here before Garrett. But they played prime years with him. I consider the Garrett era to be the Tyron Smith, Dez, Sean Lee type guys. Tyron Smith might be so decorated by then that he may get in. Dez potentially but i'm leaning towards no there. Sean Lee needs more post season success just like Romo.

I don't see many guys from that era getting in. I guess Zeke technically would be consider one and I think he could get in if he keeps this up.
I think anyone who played under Garrett actually has a better shot, so long as Jerry's the one making the decision.

Reaction score
If he were with the Jaguars or Bengals, they'd probably put a statue of him in front of their stadium.

With the Cowboys in the ROH? No

J817

Reaction score
I thought the ROH was to only include HOF level players? I believe Jerry quoted something like that a few years ago. Not understanding the posters on here mentioning Dez as a possibility. If Harvey Martin, Too Tall and Charlie Waters aren’t in can’t see them putting in a WR with no chance to get into the HOF someday. Ware and Witten are the only possibilities to get into ROH from the Parcells/Garrett eras IMO. Romo is another possibility due to his relationship with Jerry, but Danny White isn’t in there so I can’t see them throwing in Romo. If that’s the case Garrett may be next to.

irishline

Reaction score
Hell no. May be if he gets a ring or two. But as of now no. Hell I don't think anyone in this Garrett era will be ROH bound. I can see Zeke if he keeps it up....depends on how you feel about Ware and Witten. Are those Garrett era guys? Played their prime under him but came in under Parcells. Those the only 2 guys I see getting in.

You don't think Romo is getting in? Not that I believe he should, just you know Jerry and all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Only 2 I would say is Tyron Smith and Zack Martin

There both going to get 1st team all-decade when they announce the roster this summer and both will finish 7-8x NFL top 100. Both are most likely headed to Canton as well.
Yeah you sort of forget about the offensive line. Not many in there. I think Larry Allen may be the only one? Tyron gets in for sure. Martin may too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't think Romo is getting in? Not that I believe he should, just you know Jerry and all.
I don't know. I'm torn. I don't think he should to continue with the exclusivity of the ROH. Based on who's in there I can't find much of a argument for Romo. I say Witten and Ware because they were considered the best of their time. Probably will make some All Decade teams.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
As usual, the question you gave to ask for this sort of thing is, “If Sean Lee is inducted to the Ring of Honor, is he now the worst player in it?” It would seem to be prudent to avoid lowering the floor in these type of situations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry has already stated Ware, Romo, and Witten will be in the ROH. I don't think Lee or Dez will ever be in the ROH and they really aren't deserving.
How is Romo or Witten anymore deserving than Dez? Ware I get because he has some sack titles and a ring.
Yes, prior to Roger I'd say it was Dandy Don and Bob Lilly.

Meredith, unlike Romo, played in some of the greatest games of all time though, like the 1966 and 1967 NFL Championship games, both losses to the Packers.
Very good point.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How is Romo or Witten anymore deserving than Dez? Ware I get because he has some sack titles and a ring.

Dez had a stretch of 3 years of top 5-10 WR play before completely falling off. He is nowhere near ROHworthy.

Witten was here from 2003 to 2019 (minus one season), how can you make the argument of him being a HOF and not ROH? I mean, come on. Romo was the starting QB for a decade and played at a high level.

Dez is not ROH worthy. Not even remotely close.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Dez had a stretch of 3 years of top 5-10 WR play before completely falling off. He is nowhere near HOF worthy.

Witten was here from 2003 to 2019 (minus one season), how can you make the argument of him being a HOF and not ROH? I mean, come on. Romo was the starting QB for a decade and played at a high level.

Longevity has nothing to do with it. Otherwise Bill Bates, Ed Too Tall, and Mark Tuinei would be in the ROH. Witten will be in because he had a great career, but even he had a small window of being elite like you said about Dez.

Dez was an unstoppable force in this league during his prime and got the ball into the end zone 73 times, which is almost as many times as James Lofton and Antonio Brown...

You can dislike Dez personally like a whole bunch of other clowns on this site, but to deny what he's done on the field is asinine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez had a stretch of 3 years of top 5-10 WR play before completely falling off. He is nowhere near ROHworthy.

ClappingCarrot spoke on it. You are putting guys in for longevity..........the guys in there either have a Super Bowl ring or a string of ALL Pro 1st team bids.....Witten gets in because he's regarded as a top tight end of his time no doubt. Dez and Romo should be hand in hand. Both go in or none at all. Wouldn't shock me to see both go in. They'd be the least qualified though.
Longevity has nothing to do with it. Otherwise Bill Bates, Ed Too Tall, and Mark Tuinei would be in the ROH. Witten will be in because he had a great career, but even he had a small window of being elite like you said about Dez.

Dez was an unstoppable force in this league during his prime and got the ball into the end zone 73 times, which is almost as many times as James Lofton and Antonio Brown...

You can dislike Dez personally like a whole bunch of other clowns on this site, but to deny what he's done on the field is asinine.